Home Forums Women’s Health Rest Less Menopause webinar – what would you...

Team Rest Less Posted 1 year ago
Rest Less Menopause webinar – what would you like us to cover?

Hello all

Later in July, in conjunction with some experts, we will be hosting a Rest Less Presents webinar all about the menopause.

We are planning a general overview of the menopause, how it might be affecting you, as well as ways to manage it.

Is there is anything in particular you would like us to cover?

Please comment below or if you’d like to ask more privately, please feel free to send us a direct message instead – or an email to [email protected] entitled ‘Menopause webinar’.

We look forward to hearing from you.
Team Rest Less

1 like & 12 replies
    • loislane 2nd July 2021 at 1:04 pm

What is the best way to combat tiredness, weight gain, moods.
      If HRT doesn’t suit…what can be taken instead of it.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 2nd July 2021 at 3:55 pm

HI Lois, only me again, don’t worry you haven’t inherited a stalker,lol. Vitimin D will help the tiredness and moods I think due to the Corona Virus and all that has been mentioned about Vit, D many people might be taking this already, it works much better and is more effective if taken with Vitimin K. – Panax or Korean Ginseng is an adaptagen and can certainly help with tiredness, Gingseng Tea is good too. Weight gain is always the kicker I now you are on Levothyroxine – my partner’s on it too and it is a daily battle, I have suggested to a few others looking at fat burner capsules ( all natural ingredients btw) from reputable sports supplement sites I have used Dolphin Fitness for years …… Get some exercise if you are able to , work within your means and keep it consistent , try and do something every single day…….. I’m a qualified personal trainer and exercise therapist – among other things and used to run a leisure center and gym…… so have some knowledge and experience – there’s a lot of snake oil salesmen out there I was one of the first in UK to do GP referrals at the leisure centre, the Doctors sent me all sorts – mostly the ones that they didn’t have a clue what to do with, lol. PS as I’ve said to the lovely MG on here, my third year secondary school jokes , most of which I had written will or should lighten your mood…… Just give me a shout…… Oh just remembered, might not be your thing Lois , as I think you said that you are looking for ‘intelligent, adult conversation’ ………… I refuse to be adult or intelligent … take it easy….

• loislane 2nd July 2021 at 4:30 pm

Thank you for all that, I haven’t had time for my exercise since my son had his op so it’s the one thing I must get back to.
          I take b12 , Vitamin D with K2, I have bought menopace, my hair has been coming out a bit since my thyroid caved in and took off on a long extended holiday.
          So the fat burning capsules are from dolphin??
          I will look into the tea, I forgot as usual, another thing that depresses me.
          Banter suits me fine, I keep back from the intelligent form of conversation as it involves quite a few swearwords.
          You too, thanks for the input, much appreciated

• Team Rest Less 5th July 2021 at 8:55 am

Thanks, will add this to the list

• Heyjude68 2nd July 2021 at 8:08 pm

Thought I had come through it but now sweats started again so not good also have osteopenia . I’m 52 feel like 92 . Drs seem reluctant to offer up hrt etc . Is there any help out there 😐

• Team Rest Less 5th July 2021 at 8:57 am

Yes there is most definitely help out there. We will put forward your points and ask for them to be addressed. It must be so frustrating to have thought you were over the worst of it only for the sweats to reappear. Please keep an eye on this thread and we will post the details of the webinar sometime this week.

• Forestbather 5th July 2021 at 9:19 am

I have this weird sense of life not being real. Is this my mental health or is it a menopause thing? I feel a bit crazy most of the time. I can’t take things seriously. Apparently I’m supposed to be thinking about a pension pot and retiring but I just feel fucking angry all the time and want to self-destruct. I hate most people and most things. Work is definitely not real – it’s like the twilight zone and I have absolutely no shits to give. I’m never going to make it to 67 without getting sacked.

• Team Rest Less 5th July 2021 at 4:50 pm

Hi Forestbather so sorry to hear you’re going through this. Have you been to see your GP? Menopause or not, I would like to think they can offer you help of some sort.

Please also keep a look out for more details of our webinar which will take place a week on Wednesday – we will post specific details by the end of this week

• Lookforwardnotback 12th July 2021 at 10:42 am

I know that feeling…glad its not just me 😊👍

• Team Rest Less 7th July 2021 at 7:03 pm

Just wanted to update in this group that our menopause webinar will take place next Wednesday evening at 1930. To book your free slot, please click here:

https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0ucOyoqz8sGtQQ4IyJ0-Jt87W3U9p7aMBf

• esther.bray23 12th July 2021 at 6:06 am

Yes I would like to know how to look after my hair as its falling out. How to deal with wearing a face and having hot flushes on buses and trains. It will be good to know how to manage this. Thanks

Add