Home Forums General Rest less dating site

• Rest less dating site

Hi all…. been looking on the rest less dating site. Never been on one before. I don’t mind paying as I guess anyone serious and honest wouldn’t mind paying too.
    Has anyone had any real honest people reply , or is it just full of fake people 🤔 just want a heads up before committing myself 😊

Posted by Lee Kernow
    • Reply by Officeboy

Most dating sites are unrealistic, the free sites are dreadful. I get asked for money by women, or they make no effort in responding to you. The paid sites are probably better but they are expensive and nothing is guaranteed. I don’t know why people bother putting their details up and not even making any effort. ive taken myself off them now,

• Reply by loislane

To be asked for money is awful but then at least you know they are not genuine.
        I had one man try to convince me that he genuinely wanted to give me money to help me buy a car, and to send my bank details over. I had been talking to him for quite a while…I declined most gracefully…I would never ask for anything.

• Reply by Gill B

Asking for money or receiving money leaves me feeling uncomfortable.

• Reply by Shirlann

If they ask for money is a red flag 🤔

• Reply by loislane

Yes, it does me, I was never asked for anything , but some men that messaged me told me that were targeted by young women, often from other countries ie Russia, asking for phones, phone cards, expressing love for them or that they always wanted to live in Colchester etc. As I said, I was asked for my bank details once or twice so he could put money in because I had just lost my car, I didn’t trust it at all and we had messaged for a while.

• Reply by Gill B

Its just so disappointing! He may have been genuine, but its not worth persuading yourself that he is ..

There are so many vulnerable people out there who could fall for these people!!

• Reply by loislane

I know, but I thought it was too good to be true, we had wonderful conversations but because he was still crying over his ex of ten years, I said he wasn’t ready for anyone else. I certainly wasn’t going to sit there and mop up his tears.

• Reply by Gill B

If that background were true, he probably wasn’t either.

• Reply by loislane

Well that could be very true indeed, Gill,

• Reply by loislane

I took my details off, bit expensive for me, plus I had just come off Match.com, and some of the profiles were on this one too. I think you need other men’s opinions on this one, I know of one lady who it didn’t work for which to me was a surprise.
      Good luck if you do go on it.🙂

• Reply by Officeboy

Thanks for reply – Yes it happens and surprisd men do this as well, and as I was looking for someone from abroad they would tell me they loved me and then come up with all these fake stories, about why they needed money, I mean I don’t even know them. The UK sites just had time wasters on here, and the pool at this age group is so much smaller so there’s not much out there, and there is no one place you can meet anyone anymore im not like gonna go to Bingo or Line dancing as im still youthful so like me and two other guys i know we just have given up. Take care….

• Reply by loislane

Dreadful I know, such a shame really

• Reply by loislane

I like ballroom and Latin myself, but everyone was with partners apart from the elderly mainly

• Reply by Lee Kernow

Ok guys thanks for the advice. I’m wise to the money thing I’ve had what I thought we’re genuine people on fb and then ask for money. The thing now is bitcoin….. they try get you into that.
      I was hoping a paid site might stop that.
      But, I guess the case is always beware. I’m a honest what you see is what you get guy, but people tend to pray on that.
      Stay older and wiser that’s my plan from now on 😊

• Reply by loislane

It’s become such a materialistic world, scammers are rife. As I said, I paid on match, don’t even go there. The restless site might be better, I never paid but I don’t know know what could have happened. To me, it seems to be all about going on holidays, doing extreme sports, owning your own home, and high paid jobs, no one wants to know if you’re a genuinely nice person, it’s all about status, so I gave up. Watch out for those who try to get your phone number straight away or to move you onto WhatsApp quickly, they usually say that they are busy and don’t go on the site a lot etc big red flags

• Reply by Lee Kernow

Yeah they’re definitely red flags…. where are all the genuine honest people hiding lol

• Reply by loislane

I went into hiding…lol

• Reply by Kitty1969

we are out there, the genuine people, just hiding away..

• Reply by loislane

Indeed we are

• Reply by loislane

Even FB, someone told me to join there, and I thought no, nor POF,

• Reply by Kitty1969

one of the women at work met someone through f/b, he nicked her bank and stole all her money. She had a terrible time convincing her bank that she hadn’t given him her card ( although she had given him her pin number!)

• Reply by loislane

Oh no she didn’t,

• Reply by Kitty1969

I don’t think I managed to keep a straight face when she was telling us. I knew my husband’s but he didn’t have any money anyway!

• Reply by loislane

Even if I knew my partner’s pin, I wouldn’t use it unless he said I could and that would be an emergency thing, I’m just not that type,

• Reply by loislane

That was silly wasn’t it, I never gave my pin to any one I was with, not even after years

• Reply by Marica

I joined the paid dating site here at the end of last year , Lee, and cannot say I found it good at all, a waste of money in my eyes. I was getting people contacting me from Yugoslavia so how the distance choice worked , I have no idea. No one has contacted me recently so I just forgot about it. I did not want a bigger site so assumed this one here would be good but it has not worked for me

• Reply by Lee Kernow

Yeah that’s was my thoughts too…. try a smaller site, but thanks anyway Marica 😊

• Reply by loislane

Do you think that it should just stick to the uk

• Reply by Marica

I do for local groups within the site but these people seems to commute through so I assume that included some of the distances but they were silly . How can someone in Scotland meet someone in Brighton for example ? Madness

• Reply by Shirlann

As soon as money comes into it run the other way 🤔

• Reply by Lee Kernow

Yeah learnt that one already unfortunately…. thanks anyway

• Reply by loislane

Absolutely, shirlann, I’ll never go on these sites again🙂

• Reply by Shirlann

Sorry but at lest you’ve learnt hard way🤔😁

• Reply by loislane

I certainly have,lol

• Reply by Lee Kernow

It’s awful when you can’t just find nice people like ourselves….. oh well we’ll see 🙄

• Reply by loislane

This is the point though, all the good people are now in hiding, saying never again due to cad experiences with the wrong people. How do we ever get to trust another person again? I know I’m genuine, you know you are, then again I had a fiance who swore blind he was a nice guy yet he humiliated me at a wedding over 7 minutes…told me he lied all the way through 3 years and promptly divulged he was going out on a dinner date, you couldn’t make it up.

• Reply by Kitty1969

that’s disgusting. You definitely deserve better.

• Reply by loislane

Lot more kitty, than that, the 7 minutes, I was 7 minutes later getting ready for a wedding, he threatened to leave me behind so I said go ahead. He made me anxious, so I started dropping things. We were going from Bedfordshire to Richmond, we were the second couple to arrive, one hour before everyone else, he hardly spoke to me the whole day, refused to dance, refused to wait for his niece to cut her cake, stormed off, ignored me being cold out in November, didn’t like me drinking as it reminded him if his second alcoholic wife, he didn’t speak to me, not I him, for three weeks, that’s when I should never have gone back. It was truly awful. The rest of that came four months later when he told me all that I was a rebound for three years after his third wife divorced him. I think my life would have been a slow hell if we had of married. But hey, he told me he was a nice guy after all of that, I nearly choked.
          So yeah, no wonder we are in hiding, how do we trust after these types of people.

• Reply by Kitty1969

I have no words.
          But been in a similar situation in the past too.

• Reply by loislane

Sorry to hear it, kitty, good women and men don’t deserve these sociopaths

• Reply by Carol.L

What a rat lois!

• Reply by loislane

Met him on match actually, was ok for the first year, but there were signs, he treated me well with gifts and helped me a lot at first. But I wouldn’t comply, I wasn’t allowed to be angry.

• Reply by Marica

That is their way in, Lois, my 1st husband did exactly the same, it was a rescue mission for me as I was broke and fed up.

• Reply by Marica

I think the fact he had been married 3 times gives something away sadly . My ex husband is on his 3rd wife but I think he is caught with her as she is like him and hence probably gives him back what he gives out

• Reply by Marica

Good grief, Lois! I thought my 1st husband was bad enough , he loved insulting me in public but not that bad!

• Reply by loislane

Bloody awful, it really was

• Reply by Marica

🙁 🙁

• Reply by Kitty1969

I am sure I posted this but it disappeared. I went on match for 24 hours, it was awful, I had to delete it. I hadn’t put on a photo but I had so many messages, it was like vultures circling their prey.
      I find it hard to trust that people are who they say they anyway and think people on dating sites can be more fake.
      I wish for the days, where you told a friend that you like their friend and they told them.

• Reply by loislane

Indeed, I wish for those times again, I never had much luck then either, lol. Just a magnet really, but I’m still learning

• Reply by loislane

Vultures they are too, horrid people.

• Reply by dannyboy

Kitty That’s How I met my wife, and that lasted for forty years

• Reply by dannyboy

I’ve been tempted to join a dating site of late. Reading your experiences, I’m pleased I’ve resisted, but where does that leave me?

• Reply by loislane

Don’t bother Danny boy, I think maybe join groups as in hobbies, walking groups, book clubs, gardening, anything like that, coach holidays, maybe that’s the way to go

• Reply by Kitty1969

I guess not everyone has a bad experience

• Reply by loislane

True, it does work for a lot, luck do you think?

• Reply by Kitty1969

yes, definitely luck. There are so few genuine men and women around I think they get snatched up quickly

• Reply by loislane

Some people just seem to have a sense of which people are right or not

• Reply by Marica

That is the thing Danny , you may be very genuine and meet someone who is the same. But although we are moaning about some of the men we have met (my first husband was also off a dating app) there are also some predatory women. But I would hope you would suss this out anyway if you tried the sites

• Reply by dannyboy

Thanks, Lois. Good advice as I would expect from you. Had thought of a coach holiday, Not sure if they are really me. Was thinking more of a river cruise or indeed a proper cruise. As with other groups. What do I do. Wave a flag above my head saying “I’m Free”

• Reply by loislane

I don’t think they’re me either but I rather fancy a Scotland coach tour, as my dad was from there

• Reply by dannyboy

Can Fly to Inverness for £35. then I thought of a 3-day distillery tour. Have looked into that LOL

• Reply by loislane

Go for it, wine tasting for me

• Reply by dannyboy

I’m Flexible. Not too many vinyards in Scotland

• Reply by loislane

It’s hard I think, as we age too

• Reply by Marica

Apparently , although I have never done this, there are loads of single people on cruises and the company make sure everyone is included together and not left out so you get to know people straight away. Solo’s Holidays are the same

• Reply by dannyboy

Part of my problem is my body is one age and my mind another

• Reply by loislane

Indeed, same problem

• Reply by Kitty1969

snap!

• Reply by Officeboy

As I’m not on any dating sites anymore due to horrible experiences, due to being scammed however it only amounted to abiyt £60.00 from someone who I knew for 10 months but I’ve learnt my lesson. As my current long-term friends have been drifting away, finding it hard seeking new friends. I’m up for going on short breaks in the UK this year. Butlins and Pontins are ok I’ve been on my own 3 times and I only use it for cheap accommodation and go to the beech and town centre but gone on coach an mini cruises which I recommend.😆

• Reply by loislane

Even after ten months? And it was still a scam??

• Reply by dannyboy

Thats it. Gill, Kitty , Lois. Pack your bags . Summer holiday arranged

• Reply by loislane

Not a water person alas, but pontins or Butlins for all us singles on here? Could make a crazy week or weekend of it

• Reply by dannyboy

Has a lot of potentials. Think there is a group on here, that has suggested this already. It would be brilliant.

• Reply by loislane

Excellent idea

• Reply by dannyboy

I’ll trawl through some posts tomorrow to see If I can find that link. It also has benefits for the ladies. Safety in numbers

• Reply by dannyboy

Found it. Merton in travel, Suggested Gt. Yarmouth in June

• Reply by loislane

Ooh I’m only 40 miles from yarmouth

• Reply by Kitty1969

I am guessing you must live quite near to me Lois, I’m in North Essex, Ipswich is 30 minutes drive from me

• Reply by loislane

Great kitty, I’m bit further out, but I have friends in Colchester too

• Reply by loislane

Couldn’t find it

• Reply by dannyboy

Better still. On your door step

• Reply by loislane

Indeed

• Reply by loislane

Yarmouth beach is ok

• Reply by Tilliefun

Hi, first time posting but hopefully not the last! I’ve joined Match.com in the past, absolutely terrible, I did read apart from the creeps you get they have their own decoy people who will message you a couple of times to keep you keen, I left within a few weeks and got my money back. The free ones don’t let you talk to anyone unless you pay money it is so bad that we have life experience yet do not have anywhere to go to meet new people,

• Reply by dannyboy

Welcome to Tilliefun. Confirms the consensus on Dating sites. It’s a minefield out there. I think the opportunity of a group meet has possibilities. Think an initial three day is a better idea. Could you imagine being thrown together for a week and no one liking each other. Lmao.

• Reply by Anonymous User

Oh I totally agree with you.
        I bit the bullet and filled out the restless site,form in part; but I felt the questions were awful ( such as how do you rate your looks, and your financial status…).a bit shallow I feel.
        Despite not continuing, I have replies from men outside my catchment area and age !
        So I shall not be persuing this.
        Maybe I will simply smile at a stranger in the street and start a conversation……lol

• Reply by dannyboy

Exactly the same as me. Now bombarded by requests from restless to complete my application.

• Reply by Anonymous User

Oh dear….I had hoped this site was a bit more sensible! 😏

• Reply by Marica

I joined this paid dating site on here before I really got into the chat side of things as I was pushed to do so by a so called friend. Apart from feeling I have lost money that I could put to far better use, I have not had any luck at all but then after meeting one chap, which was not right at all, I have not bothered to pursue any of it again. Making friends rather than any romantic involvement is far more important to me . But I would say apart from the money that I am glad I did try this because it is all a learning curve and made me actually realise what I want out of life. Nothing is a mistake, we understand ourselves a lot better for it

• Reply by loislane

To be honest…financial status, looks, is the only criteria now for a lot of people, so long as everything looks good on the outside then that’s what matters

• Reply by dannyboy

The site is ok. The dating part, I would imagine are a cash-generating operation. Possibly contracted out to a third party for a fee. Just guessing. May be completely wrong

• Reply by paulinevaughan2015

This thread makes my toes curl. I’ve never been on a dating site and doubt I ever will now.

I guess the best thing to do is just make friends, be they male or female and see how life progresses.

That’s one of the reason we are holding a mixed Chatter group this evening at 18:30 (Easter Sunday)

It’s certainly not a dating group and it’s free, nothing to do with restless.

Disrespectful conversation will not be tolerated.

If you want to join us tonight please let me know as soon as possible.

Pauline

• Reply by Kitty1969

If my daughter wasn’t home from uni, I would join in, maybe next time

• Reply by loislane

One day , kitty, cup of tea either Colchester or aldeburgh

• Reply by Kitty1969

Aldeburgh is on my list of places to visit, was going to got here last summer but just never made it

• Reply by loislane

Well if you ever decide to visit, let me know,😁

• Reply by loislane

I would have joined, but it’s my birthday,x

• Reply by BettyBoop

Happy birthday x

• Reply by loislane

Thank you, BettyBoop,xx

• Reply by Vixxen

Happy happy bday Lois! xx🎉🎈🎂🥂

• Reply by loislane

Thank you Vixxen, xx

• Reply by Kitty1969

happy belated birthday

• Reply by loislane

Thanks kitty,xx

• Reply by Carol.L

I meant to say it yesterday but Happy Belated Birthday LOIS, hope you treated yourself to something nice x

• Reply by loislane

Thanks Carol, I had some lovely treats thank you, my daughter brought over afternoon tea,x

• Reply by Lovetohelp

Happy belated Birthday Lois, glad you had a lovely day celebrating 🎂🥳

• Reply by loislane

Thank you, LTH, I did, I’m not one for big celebrations,🙂

• Reply by Lovetohelp

Nor me…. love time with my son… that’s enough for me too

• Reply by Lovetohelp

Sounds like a great idea 👍

• Reply by Lee Kernow

You already have my details Pauline

• Reply by paulinevaughan2015

Hi Lee

You should have your invite by now. Please let me know if you haven’t received it. They were all sent last night.

See you soon

Pauline

• Reply by Cornwall Crystal

Oh I’ve only just seen this conversation, shame I missed it! Hopefully there will be another one 🙂

• Reply by Lovetohelp

Hi Lee, I’m not one for dating sites, I’ve thought about it, but would like to meet someone in real life, like we used to 😏…. although that didn’t work out well for me the first time….just not the same these days. My nephew’s have both met their wives on dating sites, happily married so I guess it can work out, just have to find the right dating site, with genuine people.

• Reply by Lee Kernow

Hi… yeah long live the good old days 😊 I’m not doing dating sites either. I believe fate will always find a way 😆

• Reply by Lovetohelp

Yep exactly… when its meant to be.

Add