Home Forums General Rest less dating site

Lee Kernow Posted 1 year ago
Rest less dating site

Hi all…. been looking on the rest less dating site. Never been on one before. I don’t mind paying as I guess anyone serious and honest wouldn’t mind paying too.
Has anyone had any real honest people reply , or is it just full of fake people 🤔 just want a heads up before committing myself 😊

129 replies
    • Officeboy 3rd April 2021 at 12:25 pm

Most dating sites are unrealistic, the free sites are dreadful. I get asked for money by women, or they make no effort in responding to you. The paid sites are probably better but they are expensive and nothing is guaranteed. I don’t know why people bother putting their details up and not even making any effort. ive taken myself off them now,

• loislane 3rd April 2021 at 12:46 pm

To be asked for money is awful but then at least you know they are not genuine.
        I had one man try to convince me that he genuinely wanted to give me money to help me buy a car, and to send my bank details over. I had been talking to him for quite a while…I declined most gracefully…I would never ask for anything.

• loislane 3rd April 2021 at 12:42 pm

I took my details off, bit expensive for me, plus I had just come off Match.com, and some of the profiles were on this one too. I think you need other men’s opinions on this one, I know of one lady who it didn’t work for which to me was a surprise.
      Good luck if you do go on it.🙂

• Officeboy 3rd April 2021 at 1:11 pm

Thanks for reply – Yes it happens and surprisd men do this as well, and as I was looking for someone from abroad they would tell me they loved me and then come up with all these fake stories, about why they needed money, I mean I don’t even know them. The UK sites just had time wasters on here, and the pool at this age group is so much smaller so there’s not much out there, and there is no one place you can meet anyone anymore im not like gonna go to Bingo or Line dancing as im still youthful so like me and two other guys i know we just have given up. Take care….

• Lee Kernow 3rd April 2021 at 1:24 pm

Ok guys thanks for the advice. I’m wise to the money thing I’ve had what I thought we’re genuine people on fb and then ask for money. The thing now is bitcoin….. they try get you into that.
      I was hoping a paid site might stop that.
      But, I guess the case is always beware. I’m a honest what you see is what you get guy, but people tend to pray on that.
      Stay older and wiser that’s my plan from now on 😊

• loislane 3rd April 2021 at 3:05 pm

It’s become such a materialistic world, scammers are rife. As I said, I paid on match, don’t even go there. The restless site might be better, I never paid but I don’t know know what could have happened. To me, it seems to be all about going on holidays, doing extreme sports, owning your own home, and high paid jobs, no one wants to know if you’re a genuinely nice person, it’s all about status, so I gave up. Watch out for those who try to get your phone number straight away or to move you onto WhatsApp quickly, they usually say that they are busy and don’t go on the site a lot etc big red flags

• loislane 3rd April 2021 at 3:12 pm

Even FB, someone told me to join there, and I thought no, nor POF,

• Marica 3rd April 2021 at 8:06 pm

I joined the paid dating site here at the end of last year , Lee, and cannot say I found it good at all, a waste of money in my eyes. I was getting people contacting me from Yugoslavia so how the distance choice worked , I have no idea. No one has contacted me recently so I just forgot about it. I did not want a bigger site so assumed this one here would be good but it has not worked for me

• Optimistic 15th April 2021 at 9:30 am

Good luck, I think the older you get the harder it is to meet a prospective partner as we all have baggage of one kind or another. In my experience older men looking for younger women so they have someone to look after them, or younger looking for widowed people with money. It makes it hard for genuine people 🙃

• Shirlann 3rd April 2021 at 1:25 pm

As soon as money comes into it run the other way 🤔

• Shirlann 3rd April 2021 at 2:57 pm

Sorry but at lest you’ve learnt hard way🤔😁

• loislane 3rd April 2021 at 3:06 pm

I certainly have,lol

• Lee Kernow 3rd April 2021 at 3:26 pm

It’s awful when you can’t just find nice people like ourselves….. oh well we’ll see 🙄

• loislane 3rd April 2021 at 4:49 pm

This is the point though, all the good people are now in hiding, saying never again due to cad experiences with the wrong people. How do we ever get to trust another person again? I know I’m genuine, you know you are, then again I had a fiance who swore blind he was a nice guy yet he humiliated me at a wedding over 7 minutes…told me he lied all the way through 3 years and promptly divulged he was going out on a dinner date, you couldn’t make it up.

• Deleted User 3rd April 2021 at 4:53 pm

that’s disgusting. You definitely deserve better.

• loislane 3rd April 2021 at 5:02 pm

Lot more kitty, than that, the 7 minutes, I was 7 minutes later getting ready for a wedding, he threatened to leave me behind so I said go ahead. He made me anxious, so I started dropping things. We were going from Bedfordshire to Richmond, we were the second couple to arrive, one hour before everyone else, he hardly spoke to me the whole day, refused to dance, refused to wait for his niece to cut her cake, stormed off, ignored me being cold out in November, didn’t like me drinking as it reminded him if his second alcoholic wife, he didn’t speak to me, not I him, for three weeks, that’s when I should never have gone back. It was truly awful. The rest of that came four months later when he told me all that I was a rebound for three years after his third wife divorced him. I think my life would have been a slow hell if we had of married. But hey, he told me he was a nice guy after all of that, I nearly choked.
          So yeah, no wonder we are in hiding, how do we trust after these types of people.

• Deleted User 3rd April 2021 at 5:05 pm

I have no words.
          But been in a similar situation in the past too.

• loislane 3rd April 2021 at 5:06 pm

Sorry to hear it, kitty, good women and men don’t deserve these sociopaths

• Carol.L 3rd April 2021 at 5:20 pm

What a rat lois!

• loislane 3rd April 2021 at 5:31 pm

Met him on match actually, was ok for the first year, but there were signs, he treated me well with gifts and helped me a lot at first. But I wouldn’t comply, I wasn’t allowed to be angry.

• Marica 4th April 2021 at 12:56 pm

That is their way in, Lois, my 1st husband did exactly the same, it was a rescue mission for me as I was broke and fed up.

• Marica 4th April 2021 at 12:55 pm

I think the fact he had been married 3 times gives something away sadly . My ex husband is on his 3rd wife but I think he is caught with her as she is like him and hence probably gives him back what he gives out

• Marica 4th April 2021 at 12:54 pm

Good grief, Lois! I thought my 1st husband was bad enough , he loved insulting me in public but not that bad!

• loislane 4th April 2021 at 6:35 pm

Bloody awful, it really was

• Marica 4th April 2021 at 6:43 pm

🙁 🙁

• Deleted User 3rd April 2021 at 4:56 pm

I am sure I posted this but it disappeared. I went on match for 24 hours, it was awful, I had to delete it. I hadn’t put on a photo but I had so many messages, it was like vultures circling their prey.
      I find it hard to trust that people are who they say they anyway and think people on dating sites can be more fake.
      I wish for the days, where you told a friend that you like their friend and they told them.

• Deleted User 3rd April 2021 at 5:07 pm

I’ve been tempted to join a dating site of late. Reading your experiences, I’m pleased I’ve resisted, but where does that leave me?

• Deleted User 3rd April 2021 at 5:24 pm

Thanks, Lois. Good advice as I would expect from you. Had thought of a coach holiday, Not sure if they are really me. Was thinking more of a river cruise or indeed a proper cruise. As with other groups. What do I do. Wave a flag above my head saying “I’m Free”

• Deleted User 3rd April 2021 at 5:41 pm

Part of my problem is my body is one age and my mind another

• Officeboy 3rd April 2021 at 5:47 pm

As I’m not on any dating sites anymore due to horrible experiences, due to being scammed however it only amounted to abiyt £60.00 from someone who I knew for 10 months but I’ve learnt my lesson. As my current long-term friends have been drifting away, finding it hard seeking new friends. I’m up for going on short breaks in the UK this year. Butlins and Pontins are ok I’ve been on my own 3 times and I only use it for cheap accommodation and go to the beech and town centre but gone on coach an mini cruises which I recommend.😆

• Deleted User 3rd April 2021 at 5:50 pm

Thats it. Gill, Kitty , Lois. Pack your bags . Summer holiday arranged

• Deleted User 3rd April 2021 at 6:04 pm

Has a lot of potentials. Think there is a group on here, that has suggested this already. It would be brilliant.

• Deleted User 3rd April 2021 at 6:44 pm

I’ll trawl through some posts tomorrow to see If I can find that link. It also has benefits for the ladies. Safety in numbers

• Deleted User 3rd April 2021 at 6:52 pm

Found it. Merton in travel, Suggested Gt. Yarmouth in June

• Deleted User 3rd April 2021 at 8:28 pm

Better still. On your door step

• Tilliefun 3rd April 2021 at 11:28 pm

Hi, first time posting but hopefully not the last! I’ve joined Match.com in the past, absolutely terrible, I did read apart from the creeps you get they have their own decoy people who will message you a couple of times to keep you keen, I left within a few weeks and got my money back. The free ones don’t let you talk to anyone unless you pay money it is so bad that we have life experience yet do not have anywhere to go to meet new people,

• Deleted User 4th April 2021 at 2:07 am

Welcome to Tilliefun. Confirms the consensus on Dating sites. It’s a minefield out there. I think the opportunity of a group meet has possibilities. Think an initial three day is a better idea. Could you imagine being thrown together for a week and no one liking each other. Lmao.

• Deleted User 4th April 2021 at 7:28 am

Oh I totally agree with you.
        I bit the bullet and filled out the restless site,form in part; but I felt the questions were awful ( such as how do you rate your looks, and your financial status…).a bit shallow I feel.
        Despite not continuing, I have replies from men outside my catchment area and age !
        So I shall not be persuing this.
        Maybe I will simply smile at a stranger in the street and start a conversation……lol

• Deleted User 4th April 2021 at 8:05 am

Exactly the same as me. Now bombarded by requests from restless to complete my application.

• Deleted User 4th April 2021 at 8:14 am

Oh dear….I had hoped this site was a bit more sensible! 😏

• Marica 4th April 2021 at 1:06 pm

I joined this paid dating site on here before I really got into the chat side of things as I was pushed to do so by a so called friend. Apart from feeling I have lost money that I could put to far better use, I have not had any luck at all but then after meeting one chap, which was not right at all, I have not bothered to pursue any of it again. Making friends rather than any romantic involvement is far more important to me . But I would say apart from the money that I am glad I did try this because it is all a learning curve and made me actually realise what I want out of life. Nothing is a mistake, we understand ourselves a lot better for it

• loislane 5th April 2021 at 9:48 pm

To be honest…financial status, looks, is the only criteria now for a lot of people, so long as everything looks good on the outside then that’s what matters

• Deleted User 4th April 2021 at 8:21 am

The site is ok. The dating part, I would imagine are a cash-generating operation. Possibly contracted out to a third party for a fee. Just guessing. May be completely wrong

• paulinevaughan2015 4th April 2021 at 8:51 am

This thread makes my toes curl. I’ve never been on a dating site and doubt I ever will now.

I guess the best thing to do is just make friends, be they male or female and see how life progresses.

That’s one of the reason we are holding a mixed Chatter group this evening at 18:30 (Easter Sunday)

It’s certainly not a dating group and it’s free, nothing to do with restless.

Disrespectful conversation will not be tolerated.

If you want to join us tonight please let me know as soon as possible.

Pauline

• Lee Kernow 4th April 2021 at 9:58 am

You already have my details Pauline

• Lovetohelp 8th April 2021 at 9:22 pm

Hi Lee, I’m not one for dating sites, I’ve thought about it, but would like to meet someone in real life, like we used to 😏…. although that didn’t work out well for me the first time….just not the same these days. My nephew’s have both met their wives on dating sites, happily married so I guess it can work out, just have to find the right dating site, with genuine people.

• Globetrotter15 15th April 2021 at 7:34 am

Try a free add in the Loot paper.
      It worked for me.
      I used to charge my add every week & was inundated with replies to the extent I was out every night.
      By advertising in the lonely hearts column in the back of Loot is were I found my 2nd wife.
      After living together for 15 years we’ve just celebrated our 13th anniversary & are very happy together.
      tips.
      Always be honest.
      Be light.
      Be genuine.
      Be interested in them & the family.
      Vital to have a sense of humour.
      Don’t exaggerate.
      Take a bunch of flowers on the 1st date.
      Always look smart but not flash.
      Clean your car.
      Just be you.
      There is someone for everyone.
      I got lucky & so will you.
      Good luck.
      If at 1st you don’t succeed try try again.
      In the Loot it’s free to advertise or at least it was 30 years ago?
      Get back to me if you want?
      Regards Simon

• Marica 15th April 2021 at 8:37 am

So pleased for you Simon. A happy story at last

• Lee Kernow 15th April 2021 at 8:42 am

Hi Simon.
        Lots of wise words. I’m glad you found happiness. I remember Loot when I was growing up in London …. it was like a paper version of ebay 😂 not seen it for years, but get what your saying tho.
        Thank you anyway, but too many scares for me now and I’m just gonna look after number one for now.
        All the best tho mate

• Deleted User 15th April 2021 at 8:09 am

Well, didn’t fancy any dating sites before reading this thread and I certainly do not now! It is difficult to know how to meet someone though

• E-man 26th April 2021 at 9:23 am

Dating sites contributors lie about their age ,download old or flattering photos .Many have no intention to meet anybody but treat it like an on-line magazine or entertainment . And yet more are blatantly in it for what they can get . Face to face encounters are always better . What you see is what you get . there are also many false profiles .On one site just as the monthly payment was due the profile popped up ,made friendly comments then disappeared when I renewed . Just not a fan .

• Lee Kernow 26th April 2021 at 9:54 am

You’re absolutely right about everything….. they’re a con with mostly fake people 🙄
        I know there’s genuine people out…. there must be 😆

• Josie The Black Country Wench 26th April 2021 at 5:47 pm

My daughters teenage children put her details on a dating site and vetted all the men that replied. When they found one that they thought was suitable they told her and set up a meeting. He had to come to her house. They were waiting to meet him when he arrived. He got invited into the hall way and they gave him the third degree. He stayed for the date and called her back a week later. She was very surprised after what the kids had done to him. Now three years on they are happily married, after both of them saying they would never ever get married again. He is a perfect gentleman and they are very happy. One of the genuine ones.

• Deleted User 26th April 2021 at 8:08 pm

Yes it’s all a waste of time 😔

Add