Home Forums Health Recently diagnosed with gallstones and Barrett’s...

MrMonkFan Posted 2 months ago
Recently diagnosed with gallstones and Barrett’s Oesophagus

Hello, I’m 57 and recently got diagnosed with gallstones and then later an endoscopy revealed Barrett’s Oesophagus. Does anyone else have these issues? I was told I would need my gallbladder removed, but I’m worried because I joined a Facebook group and so many people on there have talked about all the problems they have had since getting it removed, such as diarrhoea, constipation, lots of pain, restricted diet etc. Can anyone share their experiences to help me decide what to do? Thank you very much.

1 like & 10 replies
    • adge747 13th May 2022 at 10:39 am

Apple Cider vinegar will help to dissolve gall stones. If it doen’t work after a few month you can till have to op although my wife doesn’t recommend it after havien hers out we only found out about ACV afterward as the surgeon didn’t mention it! Oh is that because he doesn’t get PAID for curing you with natural means!

• Cabe 13th May 2022 at 1:39 pm

Hi MonkFan, My hubby had his gallstones removed around 6 years ago and he used to get a slight ache in that area which the doc told him was a ‘phantom’ pain, (which has now gone) but, he has put on weight from the removal which he hates! We are both vegan and follow Medical Medium (who heals everything by teaching you to eat just the healing foods and cut out the damaging ones) so he doesn’t get many of the other problems people speak about and which actually may not be attributed to that operation.

The gallbladder makes bile to regulate the flow of fats from the liver to the colon and when removed they don’t replace it with any type of filter so all the killer fats drip straight into the colon. If you have to have the op, then the only real way to help yourself is to really cut down on all the fat and oil you consume in order to lessen any side effects or other problems arising from it, infact give up as much as you can, use better fats and oils like sunflower and coconut etc and virgin olive if you are not using it for cooking etc… and use tiny amounts when you fry, or just grill everything and watch your fat content and the types of fat you consume in the foods you buy. Any type of vinegar is not really good with anything to do with digestion. MM says it destroys the stomach lining etc, but regardless of who you listen to, it does tend to upset a lot of people’s digestion and (LOL) especially if you have the old haemorrhoids! I’ve heard it can dissolve gallstones but you will have to decide if you want to borrow from Peter to pay Paul but you could do an elimination test on your tum and see what happens.. If you want to try dissolving them with vinegar and they go, then try and find out what caused them in the first place (Usually too much cholestral) – they will come back so you’ll have to change your diet so that they don’t… .Don’t forget everyone is different and the gallbladder is one of those organs that can be sacrificed in the body to save you from something worse – you may have to compensate for it’s loss though, but it’s not hard. Good Luck x

• MrMonkFan 13th May 2022 at 4:15 pm

Thank you very much for all the information. It really doesn’t seem fair that you cut out all the fat but still put on weight after having the op, does it? I saw a consultant quite a few weeks ago, but he told me nothing about cutting out fat or however else to change my diet. He also said he had no idea when I would have the operation, even whether it would be this year. I hope your husband is much better now. Thank you very much for replying to me.

• Cabe 13th May 2022 at 5:36 pm

Thanks for getting back.. I know, it seems an obvious thing to tell you but Doctors tend to leave a lot out don’t they? When we found out what to do, it worked fine for my hub. Think cutting out all the excess fat can’t be a bad thing anyway in the long run! 🙂

• gruntfuttock 15th May 2022 at 12:43 pm

I have no experience of Barrett’s oesophagus, gallstone or haemorrhoids but since starting ACV before breakfast and heavy meals about seven years ago my “acid stomach” is completely fixed.

• Sue Devon 13th May 2022 at 11:53 pm

Hi
      I had gallstones but had to have my gallbladder removed due to having a polyp in the gallbladder.
      Operation was fine, but because of the gas used to extend stomach pressing on your spine during laparoscopic surgery you can experience severe pain when you get home and the anaesthetic wares off. Discuss this with your surgeon/consultant.
      I was told by the consultant that the removal of the gallbladder can increase the risk of bowel cancer.
      Just be aware if you are told that to ensure your observant and take part in screening options.

All the best

• MandySally 15th May 2022 at 12:26 pm

I had mine removed due to a poor very high fat diet as a child and adolescent. Now post op I keep to a low fat diet and rarely have any problems. If I’d known a bout the vinegar I would have tried it first before going ahead with the op. The gallstones played

• Pennypitstop 18th May 2022 at 11:07 pm

it might not be a good idea to have apple cider vinegar if you have problems with your Oesophagus !

Add