Home Forums General Ready to leave

Deleted User Posted 3 months ago
Ready to leave

I’ve just read that the sheep post was removed. What is wrong with people?
IF YOU DONT LIKE A POST, GO TO THE NEXT ONE.
I’m starting to think that maybe this site isn’t for me anymore. It has drastically changed recently and not for the better.

I don’t usually complain but what the heck are we allowed to post? Someone will take offence at the majority of posts in one way or another.

I don’t think I will be on here for much longer if this continues.

We all need to laugh and joke these days.
Not everyone has the same taste in food so why should posts be removed because we don’t share the same sense of humour.

These jokes that have been removed were funny.

Stop spoiling it for everyone else please.

18 likes & 77 replies
    • Mame 7th September 2021 at 11:30 am

As my son says Snow Flakes

• Sue47 7th September 2021 at 12:02 pm

It would be very sad if you decided to leave due to one person’s opinion, the rest of the people here seem to get on well with lots of innocent banter. I didn’t see the sheep post so no idea what it was about but as far as I’m aware there’s never anything offensive which could cause the moderators to remove a post on the objection by one silly person – illegitimus non carborundum

• MORENOCH1 7th September 2021 at 1:39 pm

SUE47, I LIKE THE BIG GRAMMAR YOU USED , “ILLEGITIMUS NON CARBONRUNDUM” BANG!

• Deleted User 7th September 2021 at 1:58 pm

It has nothing to do with anyone’s opinion Sue. It’s the fact that so many joke posts are being removed because someone has reported it.
        My point is, if you don’t like a post scroll past it.
        We all have different opinions and sense of humour. But only report if explicit or you feel bullied by someone responding to your comment.
        We are all grown ups. Aren’t we?

• Robert K 7th September 2021 at 12:15 pm

Yesterday I was watching football on TV when I heard Mrs RK say ‘ What would you like for dinner, savoury beef, delicious salmon or mouthwatering chicken ?’ I replied ‘ delicious salmon ‘ . She replied rather sharply, ‘ I’m talking to the cat’.

• Shirlann 7th September 2021 at 1:15 pm

Beginning to think the same way 🤔😏

• MORENOCH1 7th September 2021 at 1:46 pm

HI MOTHER GOOSE,

IF YOU LEAVE ITS LIKE SAME PERSON YOU THINK DOESN’T GET THE SENSE OF HUMOUR.

QUIT MAY NOT ALWAYS BE A SOLUTION. FORGET ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED,

YOU’VE ALREADY MADE YOUR POINT NOW.

THIS FORUM IS MADE UP OF DIFFERENT PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT PERSONALTIES, LET’S USE THE FORUM TO TRY AND UNDERSTAND ONE ANOTHER AND STILL GET ON TOGETHER.

• MORENOCH1 7th September 2021 at 3:54 pm

YES I READ YOUR POST UP THE PAGE. AND I READ COMMENTS OF OTHERS WHO LIKED YOU. I DID NOT SEE THE SHEEP PICTURE.

DON’T TAKE OFFENCE ABOUT WHAT I WROTE. I DIDNT MEAN TO UPSET YOU MORE.

PUT IT SIMPLE…PEOPLE WILL DO THINGS TO “PUSH YOUR BUTTON” SOMETIMES, QUITTING IS NOT ALWAYS THE BEST SOLUTION.—– MY POINT THERE. SORRY!

• peter23 7th September 2021 at 7:58 pm

In my experience all sites like this go through a holier than though phase! Hope you will hang hang in there maybe this one will come good

• Paul_ 7th September 2021 at 9:38 pm

Too many snowflakes theses days.

Someone is always ‘offended’ by something; some even seem to look for things to be offended by…

Unfortunately, we are living in a society where peole & sites are afraid to stand up for common-sense, rather bowing to the minority instead of saying ‘Tough! Majority rules!’

Don’t leave, Mother Goose! 👍

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 7th September 2021 at 9:59 pm

I understand the New Zealand government lodged a complaint 😁

• Catwoman 7th September 2021 at 10:33 pm

Could have been the Welsh government?
        I saw the post didn’t like the pic that went with it. Ignored her
        yay go me! Lol

• goldfish63 7th September 2021 at 10:17 pm

Oh no, do not leave, I just joined and find your posts refreshing, do not let anything get to you, take a deep breath and be positive, you cannot post anything these days in fear of being politically correct or upsetting some small minded people, do not let them drive you away and stay to keep this site interesting 🙂

• TNT 7th September 2021 at 10:39 pm

How do you scare sheep? Shout mint sauce at them

• Deleted User 7th September 2021 at 11:43 pm

Do you dear leave. Mother Goose. I need help with the rest theses nutters 😂😂

• Brummie Boy 8th September 2021 at 12:00 am

I did see the sheep Post and had a laugh at it, think you and I have a similar SOH, so don’t leave the group, I enjoy reading your posts😜

• ShirleyB 8th September 2021 at 1:36 am

Don’t leave we all need a bit of humour – and I think you are in the majority camp not the minority

• 650cc dominator 2 8th September 2021 at 4:10 am

Quite right. If you are of a prudish nature don’t look at anything that offends you. Don’t complain about it. Your not the police. We all enjoyed it.

• Mary A 8th September 2021 at 6:24 am

Folk will give up posting if they’re vetted all the time. It’s a bit like being put in the naughty corner.
      Big Brother shouldn’t be watching you when you’re 50 plus anyway. Flipping heck, let us have a bit of fun!! Sheep jokes are rife in Scotland. (Ooops, I hope I haven’t offended any Scottish folk) Yikes!!

• CAAS 8th September 2021 at 11:56 am

Scrolling through your comments. I find it strange, that their is No Comment from Rest Less (unless of course they have DM you?) regarding your post and them enquiring about your reasons. I know you have expressed reasons in your post and comments, but you would think the Platform, would get in touch on a personal level and listen to you concerns and act accordingly.

• min 8th September 2021 at 10:24 pm

“Each member is responsible for their own posts. If another member breaks rules, you may ignore them or report the problem to the moderators at [email protected].

The point of moderation is not to limit free discussion, promote or suppress specific points of view. The goal is to keep the forums enjoyable and free from problems that detract from the experiences of all our members. The Rest Less Community platform is design and hosted for the community members to enjoy, however we may remove any member from the platform, any time, at our sole discretion. “

This is what we sign up to to use this site. So I guess the person felt the rules were broken and used his/her right to report this. Note the final part of the last sentence. I guess that applies to posts too.

• Kevin1964 8th September 2021 at 11:00 pm
    • Polly54 9th September 2021 at 5:38 pm

I’ve already made a reply but I thought I’d just say….. I’m a volunteer in a largely male orientated industry so being the only female you need to develop a bit of a thick skin in as much as cheeky banter amongst the chaps goes either that or join in and quite frankly I don’t find it that bad in fact I’ve heard woman come out with worse if it does get a bit blush making I just get out of the way I don’t feel it’s for me to get all offended and demand they change….I’m a female who chose to enter their world….so I put up or leave the area simple…….just to say they are all very protective

• Tonto 9th September 2021 at 5:48 pm

I’ve just joined and I say don’t go Mother Goose ! Many clearly love your contributions . I obviously haven’t seen the Sheep post you refer to but agree that the world is just too hyper-sensitive now and good old fashioned sense of humour seems to be in short supply.

• MikeyG 9th September 2021 at 11:05 pm

I have only just joined this group and my honest opinion is dont leave because of some one that clearly doesn’t have a sense of humor or feels a need to make their own perspective heard ( little life syndrome ), leaving would only pamper to this persons ideals, they obviously have a desire to change the way the group community works ……..Stay with us Mother Goose, together we stand strong

• Cheers on toast 10th September 2021 at 12:30 am

Sorry you cant go yet ( unless you leave contact details )

• Lorraine1 10th September 2021 at 11:08 am

I have noticed a couple of self appointed forum monitors – we can’t let the busybodies win. It would be a very dull world if we all thought the same!

• Paul095 10th September 2021 at 11:57 am

Seems as though there are those that contribute and those that criticise. Its difficult enough to get a conversation going at times without the unknown censoring what people say. I thought is was the youngsters that are snowflakes !

• Shirlann 9th October 2021 at 11:33 am

Think things are not so bad😁your post stayed 😂the book reading 😉😁

• Gerard371 9th October 2021 at 11:40 am

All my posts and comments are in the best possible taste 🤔 and I didn’t see the sheep post, but rather than leave I would stay and have my say.

• Solstice 9th October 2021 at 2:28 pm

Comedy is phenomenally subjective. I didn’t see the sheep remark. Maybe someone pulled the wool over my eyes. But hey. don’t leave! Did you find it funny? Did you smile? Laugh? Good! that joke did it’s job then!

You’re right to say if someone else didn’t like it, then they move on, not sit and complain! Shows a lot about a person if they judge and then expect to be the jury as well. Look. Risque? Rude even, send it to me in a PM. I would either laugh or say why I personally didn’t think it amusing, but I wouldn’t complain or ostracise myself from the community because of one other intolerant.

• Linpap 9th October 2021 at 6:02 pm

Don’t leave!

• Alexandra 2013 10th October 2021 at 8:49 am

I like this site but really hope it doesn’t end up like Facebook

Add