Home Forums Book Club Reading group

Sue Posted 2 years ago
Reading group

Everyone who is interested in the reading groups let’s decide on a book

If we all put a suggestion down and then work our way down the list

who wants to start

7 likes & 83 replies
    • mosellar1 14th September 2020 at 6:08 pm

Wow ha e finished the leopard ups and downs twists and turns completely didn’t see that one coming

• Sue 14th September 2020 at 10:21 pm

I think most of us are well through the Leopard by now so would someone like to chose the next book.We will go with the first suggestion because it would take to long to put it to a vote. Is that okay 👌🏽

• Sue 17th September 2020 at 3:29 pm

Just finished The Leopard so many twists and turns and a great ending.  Anyone got a book in mind for our next read also who like to zoom when we come to discuss it?

• sandria.leggett 18th September 2020 at 9:49 am

Just seen this post so I will happily get Leopard but I’m 2/3rd thru Funeral Games Mary Raynault so even though I’m a fast reader I’ll need a while to catch you up!

• nirjasally 18th September 2020 at 3:04 pm

I`d love to join up when you choose your next book. Thanks

• mary.swift 18th September 2020 at 6:10 pm

I’d love to join.  Please let me know when you’ve chosen your new book. Mary Swift

• Sue 20th September 2020 at 9:56 am

Would anyone like to choose our next book

• Deleted User 20th September 2020 at 10:01 am

Would love to join your group just reading a book at the moment called Paper Dolls by Lisa Bradley 😀 good read so far a psychological thriller will a killer twist on Chp 4 and its looking good 👍  so far

• Lesley 21st September 2020 at 6:56 am

Hi, I sent my message direct then saw I had to put it here. I suggest My Journey So Far by Andrew White. It’s an autobiography by an interesting and funny man. He has several illnesses one of which slows and affects his speech. I saw him being interviewed and liked him. He rises above the things that could hinder him. He has led a varied life that has touched many lives.

• Sue 21st September 2020 at 7:56 pm

Has everybody finished reading The Leopard?

• markwithers02 21st September 2020 at 9:25 pm

Really enjoying it just need to find more time to read it. Looking  forward  to  the next recommendation.

• Chetchy 22nd September 2020 at 6:52 am

Hi, new on here and would love to join the book club. When is your review of The Leopard?

• Sue 22nd September 2020 at 1:16 pm

We will review the book when everyone has read it I just need people who are reading it to let me know when they have finished

• mandmayes 2nd October 2020 at 10:44 pm

Hi Sue, thanks for setting this up.   Read the leopard, which is not the type of book I would usually read.  Enjoyed the detective story and the who dunnit element, but really disappointed with the overall writing. I found it incredibly sexist – even  the so-called heroine had to be rescued by Harry on numerous occasions.   The writer seemed to love describing  the suffering of women at the hands of the murderer.  He may have described the deaths of a couple of men, but not in such vivid detail as the women who suffered.   I really dislike this kind of misogynistic writing and hope for better going forwards.

• jenny406 2nd October 2020 at 11:26 am

Hi Sue

What is the book for October? Thanks Jenny

• Sue 3rd October 2020 at 7:42 pm

Thank you Mandmayes for your review of The Leopard . I throughly enjoyed the book and think the author has a great imagination. I don’t feel it was in anyway sexist, after all the book was about Harry Hole so he had to be the hero. I found it funny and sad at times, struggled a bit with some of the Norwegian words but all in all a good read Got to admit I have fell in love with the Harry Hole series and will be buying more.

• Sue 3rd October 2020 at 7:49 pm

Who would like to chose our next book

• lizanne_19 3rd October 2020 at 8:49 pm

One moment – Linda Green?

• sap8936 6th October 2020 at 9:12 am

I’ve been reading Stephen King

The institute

Anyone else read this yet

I’m about third way through

• markwithers02 6th October 2020 at 9:33 pm

Finished this really enjoyed it. Not at all the normal thing I read but will definitely read more.

• Sue 7th October 2020 at 4:00 pm

October’s read “One Moment “ by Linda Green get reading everyone

• Kay61 6th December 2020 at 10:16 pm

Hi is there a book for December or January?

• Sue 8th December 2020 at 7:13 pm

It’s open to everybody so if u would like to chose a book and put it forward for January

• ginakass 9th December 2020 at 4:15 pm

Hi, I’d love to join your book group. I don’t know if anyone would like to read The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey.

• CarolBo 9th December 2020 at 6:03 pm

I have a few that I’ve enjoyed recently, but a good one to add to the list is A Keeper by Graham Norton.

• Sue 9th December 2020 at 8:24 pm

Someone else needs to take the lead and chose a book I don’t want to do it Every time as i would end up only reading the books i liked

• Lucye 11th December 2020 at 7:20 am

Hello Sue,
      I’m new and would like to join your reading group. I’ve just downloaded: ‘Where the Crawdads Sing’ by Delia Owens. Would anyone else like to read this too?

• loislane 12th December 2020 at 8:13 pm

I’ve just read Dumped Actually, by Nick Spalding, side splitting

• Miche 17th December 2020 at 2:57 pm

Hi, I’ve just joined, would love to join this reading group when the next book is decided on.
        @loislane – what was Dumped Actually like? I’ve just downloaded Going Green by Nick Spalding I was chuckling by the end of the first page – good sign 🙂
        I read all sorts of books but fancied some humour.

• loislane 17th December 2020 at 6:25 pm

Honestly, I was laughing out loud with some of his descriptions, I thoroughly enjoyed it and think I will buy the book. Definitely going to read his other works. This year has been so depressing and just hasn’t stopped yet so a good chuckle out loud is therapeutic.

• PeaceLily 29th December 2020 at 1:05 pm

Hi Sue I would love to join the reading group. Can you let me know what book you are currently reading. Thanks

• Sue 29th December 2020 at 1:54 pm

Not sure if anyone has chosen the next book

• NeilP 4th January 2021 at 3:37 pm

Id like to join too , let me know the next book when chosen, thanks

Add