Home Forums Style & Beauty Read the articles about embracing grey hair and en...

Deleted User Posted 4 months ago
Read the articles about embracing grey hair and endorse this suggestion. I began getting white hairs in my late 40’s and was persuaded to colour it, against my better judgement. After 2 years I allowed nature to take over again and since then have receive so many compliments.
16 likes & 16 replies
    • Rosie2015 18th August 2021 at 8:43 am

Hi there..😃your hair looks really fab!..I have been having my hair coloured for a while now but its starting to break and looks so dry..🙄

• Deleted User 18th August 2021 at 9:45 am

Yes, it did become dry and frizzy (my curls are natural). I never wash my hair with shampoo anymore; I use conditioner now to wash and conditiion after – makes the world of difference. I also let my hair air dry as heat is extremely damaging.

• PeaceLily 18th August 2021 at 10:19 am

Looks great as though you’ve had highlights!! I have exactly the same natural curly hair type as you, so will try the tip about substituting shampoo with conditioner. My hairdresser told me to leave a little of the conditioner in when rinsing as it defines the curls more. How did go from colouring you hair to letting it go natural? Did you use a semi-permanente for a while or cut it short?

• Deleted User 19th August 2021 at 10:54 am

When I had mine coloured I opted for lowlights, rather than block colour, so I was able to allow the lowlights to grow out a bit, then I did get it cut short to remove the last of the colour. Hair grows again and it was good to use conditioning packs when short to maximise the hair health whilst growing back.

• Gardener52 19th August 2021 at 12:04 pm

Love it !
      I’m 52 I have had no colour now for 3 years and it’s liberating and I’m sure healthier than colour .
      My silver was so stubborn I would have to colour every week who needs that hassle great post 🌸

• Deleted User 19th August 2021 at 12:10 pm

Liberating, yes, and we are trend setters. Who would have thought it!

• MORENOCH1 23rd September 2021 at 1:01 pm

your grey hair suits you. for how long are you going to colour it, it’s natural. it will be a lot of work for hair as long as yours. anyway, is you that know what you like best. enjoy whatever decision you stick to.

• Always 23rd September 2021 at 1:16 pm

Stunning x

• Ems 23rd September 2021 at 8:22 pm

You look fabulous. Can I say you have amazing skin too, what’s the secret, good genes or a beauty tip. I too have naturally curly hair but don’t feel ready to embrace my grey. Love the tip on conditioner, will try this too, as I have quite dry hair. Although I came across a good natural homemade recipe for improving my scalp of water, basil, rosemary, apple cider and lavender, it was amazing and really works.

• Deleted User 23rd September 2021 at 9:23 pm

Thank you, I have always cleansed my skin, used moisturiser, exercised, had a healthy diet and I am a non-smoker, but I think genes have a lot to do with it too. My mum had lovely skin.

• Lost in life 23rd September 2021 at 8:28 pm

Your hair looks lovely. I started going white at 17 and gave up on hair dye a number of years ago. I’m now 53 and almost completely white but love it.

• Deleted User 23rd September 2021 at 9:18 pm

Yes, embrace your white hair, I think it is amazing.

• Shirlann 24th September 2021 at 1:04 pm

Maybe when/if reach 70😏😁

• goldfish63 25th September 2021 at 1:40 pm

It looks distinctive and fetching, suits you, my hair goes grey as it grows but resorts to my former colour when cut 🙂

• kelliebrtt 16th October 2021 at 9:23 pm

You look amazing.

• Brighton Belle 17th October 2021 at 3:27 pm

I colour mine dusky pink Revolution Colour shampoo/conditioner from Superdrug – have many colours but not permanent…..

Add