Home Forums Gardening Putting plants in at 6.30 am must be nuts 😊love...

Gardener52 Posted 1 year ago
Putting plants in at 6.30 am must be nuts 😊lovely and cool this morning .
18 likes & 26 replies
    • Deleted User 6th June 2021 at 10:14 am

Not at all. Early is a great time to be out in the garden imho 🙂

• Deleted User 6th June 2021 at 10:17 am

Why not

I go for a walk sometimes around 5:30, always think to myself I’m bonkers but great time of the day this time of year.

Do what you want when live alone:)

• Mand53 6th June 2021 at 10:54 am

Me to, I always do my planting in the early morning. 😃

• Heidi 6th June 2021 at 12:54 pm

Do you know, I absolutely agree with you it is a precious time of the day- but I do also love lingering in bed with a book/papers or just the radio. I’m afraid lockdown has rather encouraged my lazing patterns.

• Deleted User 6th June 2021 at 1:01 pm

If I put my address out please feel free to come round and plant some flowers/plants for me:)

First year I’ve not bothered (so far)

• Gardener52 6th June 2021 at 4:03 pm

Ahh Ian is it you can’t get any or you just don’t fancy it ? Shame the garden and family have saved me while this crazy world looses it self down the rabbit hole !!

• Deleted User 6th June 2021 at 4:37 pm

Me just being lazy- was going to put some trees/shrubs in for privacy where a neighbour took a beautiful mature holly tree down and a few other trees. It’s on my list to do.

Last year I did plenty of pots etc, just keeping sane during lockdown

• Gardener52 6th June 2021 at 5:56 pm

Oh yes get cracking on the privacy trees! ..I made so many mistakes with my garden ! Think I’m just getting it how I want it but never want it to be finished though where’s the fun it that !!

• Deleted User 7th June 2021 at 8:30 am

My sentiments also … my garden has been my savour too.

• Gardener52 7th June 2021 at 8:49 am

I love this Sandi and I think Audrey Hepburn said to plant a garden is to believe in a tomorrow 🌷🐝🌷

• Deleted User 7th June 2021 at 8:28 am

Morning …. So was I … Woke up … it was so nice and cool…

• ButterflySlave 7th June 2021 at 11:35 am

Morning:

The time serenity is captured in still silence.

The bright cool rays that calm the soul are found there;

The ones that reflect and bend light on the dew;

Making you see anew; things overlooked and thought ordinary.

Abar Sharif – June 2021

• Gardener52 7th June 2021 at 1:01 pm

Thank you 🌸

• lily49 9th June 2021 at 8:23 am

I Used to do early morning work in the garden,after my other half left for work,Then got my breakfast. Now we are Both retired,and have So many pills and potions and exercises to get through before breakfast.l would need to get up at 5.00 am. Definitely Not doing That after Years of early rising for our jobs! However,l agree early mornings are marvellously refreshing

• Gardener52 9th June 2021 at 8:33 am

Congratulations on retirement sorry about the pills and creams !! That’s no fun my Husband and I also wake up so early and have done for years but actually our body clocks dictate this not our alarm clocks but it’s a great
      Productive time for us and frees up the day . I find it hard working outside in full sun .. but I’m not wishing the sun away it’s lovely isn’t it .
      Have a lovely day and thanks for the reply 🌷

• SteveV50 9th June 2021 at 3:09 pm

It’s the best time in my opinion. Cooler, quieter. Perfect for being alone with your thoughts and at peace.

• Footloose and Fancy Free. 16th June 2021 at 10:09 am

I was woken at the crack of dawn, between 3 and 4.30 by my beautiful but annoying at times cat…she did me a favour because sitting outside with breakfast one still morning I realised what I was missing..no traffic noises,birds singing,and the world was alright with me..got loads done too..only drawback I couldn’t get any gardening done due to my sciatica…but hey early to bed early to rise,and all that,a good motto.

• MaggieWhite21 16th June 2021 at 10:34 pm

You weren’t the only one , yesterday I cut the grass at 7am, and this morning I was planting out at 7 o’clock too!! Crazy weather but won’t need to get the hose out now for a day or two.

Add