Home Forums General Priorities – partly for fun but I do need to...

Forestbather Posted 4 months ago
Priorities – partly for fun but I do need to decide

So payday comes around and there’s always a list.

I “need” (First World Problems, obviously) the following:

A). New charging cable for my iPad. Currently held together by about a mile of duct tape in 3 places and 2 clothes pegs. iPad required for a few important things, not just twatting about on the socials.

B). New swimming goggles. Current goggles leaking like crazy causing a lot of discomfort and having to break rhythm every 30 lengths or so to empty and adjust. Also leaving my eyes really red and I was accused of being drunk at work. (This actually got escalated to HR. The place is a madhouse.)

C). New running shoes. Current ones are not as supportive and cushioned as they should be anymore due to wear and tear. Permanent foot injury requires care of feet.

D). Renewal of visitor parking permit. My mum loses her shit if she can’t park anywhere near my house. (No thought given to the fact that she is taking the place of one of my neighbours, ie a single Mum with 3 young children, shopping and a shitload of work equipment or the disabled man who struggles to help his wife never mind himself.). I also have other visitors for whom I have more sympathy lol!!!!

What order of priority should I apply here?

Light-hearted and serious suggestions welcome.

1 like & 8 replies
    • Gerard371 28th April 2022 at 11:52 am

Footwear, then goggles and finally charging cable. Please try and kick the drinking. 👍

• backofbeyond 28th April 2022 at 2:51 pm

Visitor parking permit would be no 1 on my list – can’t upset mum. If she parks without a permit does that potentially mean fines? If so then def permit. Does it cost money or is just a box ticking exercise?

After that the cable and the goggles in any order – they’re both cheap(ish). The running shoes are going to be the bank busters so they’re last, but even with a long term foot injury (which I also have) you can keep them going a lot longer than they ‘advise’. They say 500 / 750 / 1000 miles (depending on which ‘expert’s’ opinion it is) but I’ve done 1500+ on some pairs before the soles are too thin.

Edit: Meant to ask what sort of company do you work for that mistakes red eye for red eye and thought your explanation wasn’t sufficient? Did the HR people ask you to breath over them?

• Terry75 28th April 2022 at 2:58 pm

Buy some wine, sup it and then you won’t be bothered either way lol.

• Teri 29th April 2022 at 11:03 am

Number 1 has got to be between the charging cable and the goggles. The cable is a fire risk and personally I would be lost without my iPad/iPhone which I use every day, several times a day. Whereas the goggles could be damaging your eyes. Go for the cable this month and skip swimming. You can skip running too. It’s just not natural for a grown man. 🫠 As for the parking permit, can mum not get her own? Although with that attitude maybe you could manage with not seeing her for a bit. I hope none of my kids take that attitude with me. Although I’m sure you were only joking.
      PS: start looking for another job. Good luck!

• Dorothea 29th April 2022 at 11:59 am

Swimming (exercise plus gets work off your back)
      Ipad – useful for looking for a new job, which you clearly need.
      Running shoes – your feet have got to last- look after them
      Visitor permit – tell your mother that if you don’t get work off your back, you won’t have money for anything, so you need to sort that, and that you can order a Visitor permit for her but she needs to give you the money for it otherwise you’re risking your job and your health.

• Sue Devon 30th April 2022 at 4:37 pm

This month:
      1. Buy trainers yourself, no one else can do this, always look after your 👣
      2. Ask mum to pay for permit as an advance Christmas present , say you can’t afford at the moment but would miss her dearly if she couldn’t visit.
      3. Crowd fund/fund raising swim for goggles
      4. Cable next month, always push something back a month- it’s a saving.

Add