Home Forums Pets & Animals Preparing for rescue dog

Heidi Posted 3 months ago
Preparing for rescue dog

Our little old Border sadly died a few months ago. I’ve left time to see if I wanted to take on another dog and I find I do miss the walks and chats, I still find myself quietly appreciating my dogs perspective of a good wood path or stick etc!
I’ve previously had a rescue greyhound- straight from the track- lovely dogs, but this year tracking down dogs in this country has changed.
I’ve unexpectedly found myself interested in a rehoming centre abroad. Has anyone adopted a dog from another country?

7 likes & 7 replies
    • Fool on the hill 24th October 2021 at 2:52 pm

I haven’t, but the mum of one of my son’s old football team mates has adopted at least one dog from abroad, via a charity called PAWS (protecting Animals without Shelter), she adopted a dog from Cyprus. Their FB page is https://www.facebook.com/P.A.W.S.Cyprus
      When you say tracking down dogs in this country has changed, have you looked recently? Just that I saw a piece in the news from an animal charity saying they were getting flooded with animals abandoned by folks returning to working at an office, or ending their furlough. Might be some more opportunities coming up nearer to home…

• Mad Ralph 24th October 2021 at 3:13 pm

Be careful, dogs from abroad don’t come with the same vetting procedures as we have in the uk.
      I’m not sure which organisation she got it from but a friend of my wife’s adopted a dog from Romania, it came with false promises. They said it would be fine with children but it was far from it, it was in fact dangerous to approach even by adults. It also destroyed her kitchen within a week. (Trying to escape)
      Some street dogs are wild animals, theyve never had human contact so be careful. There are unscrupulous companies out there who get payed to rid the streets of stray dogs.

• TmonT 24th October 2021 at 3:31 pm

❤️ give another grey a chance 🙏 here’s my 2 for inspiration

• Deleted User 26th October 2021 at 6:08 pm

Well I am about to adopt a dog from Spain. The owner apparently brought it over himself and it has been checked over, it has been neautured microchipped and vaccinated. It was on a website called Anydogildo. He’s lovely, good temprement, house trained and not aggressive.

• Heidi 26th October 2021 at 9:55 pm

Excellent, well done you and good luck.
      I’m preparing for the temperature changes she’ll experience.

• Deleted User 31st October 2021 at 12:30 pm

I am in the running to adopt a dog from Spain. I have met him and his foster family and am waiting to get the green light

• Heidi 31st October 2021 at 3:06 pm

I’ll pick her up in less than two weeks from Heathrow! I’ll feedback with our experiences.

Add