Home Forums Travel Portmeirion…last August. First visit and abs...

Autumnalwalksara Posted 1 year ago
Portmeirion…last August. First visit and absolutely loved it. What a fascinating beautiful place
25 likes & 25 replies
    • LeighS 25th February 2021 at 10:16 pm

What a lovely picture. I went there in 1989, didn’t have a camera, so alas no photos of my visit. You are also so right, it truly is a fascinating place 🙂

• susan693 25th February 2021 at 10:37 pm

Went in May last year 2nd visit love it there

• Grenouille 28th February 2021 at 9:35 am

I have fond memories of that place…. Your pic made me smile.

• Autumnalwalksara 28th February 2021 at 10:23 am

That’s lovely.

• 🏴‍☠️ 2nd March 2021 at 6:46 pm

I really liked the coast here. Such a wide and windy bay with beautiful golden sands.

• Marica 5th March 2021 at 8:34 pm

You are so lucky to have gone there , Autumn. I also have this on my bucket list and avidly watched the documentary series about it but it is not cheap to stay there and difficult to get a booking though I could be wrong as many of you have been . It looks magical

• Autumnalwalksara 6th March 2021 at 9:28 am

Sorry for the confusion!! . I’m sara ( autumnal walk) although I love the name 🥰 we stayed further inland,we had a beautiful lodge for a week and went to different places every day. It truly is magical 🥰

• Deleted User 5th March 2021 at 10:30 pm

It is a lovely place i finally got there last year.

• adeliza0165 27th March 2021 at 4:17 pm

Beautiful photo – I have a similar one too 😊👍 We were there a couple or so years ago – such a stunning, magical place like no other 💟

• Deleted User 16th May 2021 at 11:04 am

Stunning. I’ve never been….. yet

• Lot 17th May 2021 at 8:16 am

Hi. Sara

Looks perfect … where is Portmerion … I want to go !
      Ive lived in south west 59 years and 40 in Taunton Somerset where brought up fam. Now 29 & 25 … One working for NHS & one travelling world & livin his best life 🥰 Moving to outskirts of Cardiff in 5 weeks & have not ONE friend 😉 oh dear !!! Hence signing up here never done such a thing before … !
      Main impetus for move to be near precious daughter and as Retired sick children’s Nurse & Midwife she felt ( as did her partner) my presence as they start a family of their own I’d be very much appreciated nearby !!
      That’s why your message reminded me of WHY I’m moving when I’ve been feeling very overwhelmed knowing nobody else in area 🥴
      I have the mad hat idea that I want to learn to ride a horse 🐴!! Completely out of my comfort zone but no idea where to look to start 🙈
      I love to decorate & design home stuff , have a Labrador who was “top of the puppy class 🐶” but gone a bit wayward n off the rails : wondering if any gatherings out there near Cardiff for adult dog training ??
      Was an avid holiday lover France for couple months in Gite regularly … lots of beautiful sunny spots 😎
      It’s all a bit daunting and I fear loneliness in new area after over half my life in one area Eeeeek !!
      quite a massive step to make to move to area where you have no friends & no idea what’s on offer 🤞🏼 For the best
      Hope to speak soon ☺️👋🏼

• Vicky1970 19th May 2021 at 7:24 am

Too young to remember the TV show. But I visited 5 years ago it is stunning and all the hidden little nooks are so pretty.

• John. 19th May 2021 at 10:45 am

That looks such an interesting place to visit. I will try and get to see it this year if I can. Thanks for the lovely picture.

• Charrie 20th May 2021 at 9:13 pm

Yes, we went there few years ago, it’s lovely palce,

Add