Home Forums General Politically homeless

TmonT Posted 6 months ago
Politically homeless

Does anyone else feel politically homeless just now , I’ve voted my entire adult life but would struggle to choose a party at the moment

2 likes & 9 replies
    • Reverend Nick 23rd November 2021 at 1:35 pm

Yes. There is literally no one worth voting for at the moment. Despite the current government being incompetent corrupt with cronyism – if they held a General Election next week they would still be returned – though perhaps with a different prime minister. The opposition is non-existent and have failed to take advantage of a series of open goals. You may not have liked or agreed with the policies of Jeremy Corbyn – but at least he stood for something. His replacement is an utter waste of space too timorous to do anything except mouth platitudes (once they’ve been checked by the Board of Deputies.)

Although I’m not a conservative, I think the last Prime Minister who had a shred of decency was John Major. We all laughed at his grey persona on Spitting Image at the time but we didn’t know when we were well off.

So despite having always voted, I have to say that with some shame, than unless some great change occurs, I shan’t vote at the next election unless there’s an independent that takes my fancy.

• Vixster 23rd November 2021 at 2:48 pm

Absolutely anyone would be better than the current government and that includes Keir Starmer who will never get positive press/much mention from most media. Don’t let them in again for godsakes!!

• Mad Ralph 23rd November 2021 at 9:00 pm

As I posted in another thread earlier

Voting in the election is like being asked

What would you like for dinner?

Err, what are the opinions?

Well you can have shit, crap or kak. Take your pick!!

• Alexandra 2013 23rd November 2021 at 10:22 pm

Before an election they give you promises After election they backtrack and give you excuses. It is and has been the same for every party. Here’s a fantasy – they all get together work together for the good of this country and for what the people want/need 🤣🤣. Never going to happen 😢

• TmonT 23rd November 2021 at 11:03 pm

Perhaps we should make manifesto legal documents failure to uphold during term of government could lead to criminal charges for fraud

• Utterly bemused 23rd November 2021 at 10:47 pm

With a voting system fit for the 18th century you will never have a government that acts in the interests of the majority. This current shower have an 80 seat majority with 42% of the vote. As Ken Clarke said the other day we are close to becoming an elective dictatorship.

• Pennypitstop 24th November 2021 at 8:44 am

Yes, it is quite worrying really !

• Shirlann 24th November 2021 at 8:47 am

Thinking your right there is no opposition 🙄or anyone better than one devil we know 🙃

• Janey_Petty 24th November 2021 at 12:04 pm

I agree with you all. I always vote but not always for the same party. But if we had another election soon I would not vote for any of the current candidates, so would not vote at all!!! 😤😤😕

Add