Home Forums Dating Personally I think being mates before dates is the...

Lizziebeth1 Posted 1 year ago
Personally I think being mates before dates is the best way, after being in a happy relationship for the past 30 years and now widowed Its the social side and friendship I miss
52 likes & 34 replies
    • Deleted User 13th April 2021 at 8:09 pm

I agree with you, I was in a relationship for 42years now widowed, miss the friendship, social side, lucky I’ve got good family and friends. But not the same.

• Lnorthernb 15th April 2021 at 10:02 am

I was married for 38 years bit am now widowed. Friendship and good conversation have to be fundamental to a relationship. Most of all you have to make each other laugh.

• barky 15th April 2021 at 2:32 pm

what i miss most about being bereaved is the physical contact not just sex but the inter reaction we had .lockdown was announced just before she passed away and its been very hard . but i agree friendship and chat is good ,but a lot shy away probably thinking you are going to get maudlin thats what ive found any way

• Sandyg 12th August 2021 at 10:31 pm

That is so sad, How awful, and to be bereaved at the time when people had to stay away from you and leave you alone when you most needed them is really harsh.
        Hope you are receiving the support you need now.

• sandracr 15th April 2021 at 7:05 pm

I agree with you, too many people these days think jumping into bed is the way to go.

• Fluff 16th April 2021 at 9:11 am

You cannot love anyone without knowing them. 🙂

• sandracr 18th April 2021 at 1:23 pm

Thats right if you don’t know them you are just dreaming.
      So take time to get to know them and hopefully things will work.

• creative. 23rd April 2021 at 8:19 am

Hi, Sandra How r u? Liked what you said recently, nice photo, quite positive, measured words I am in Bishops Stortford, whereabouts are u? Creative-Peter.

• sandracr 3rd May 2021 at 6:09 pm

hi Peter I live in Birmingham, not been out for ages but had both jabs and now looking forward to when every thing open.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 18th April 2021 at 5:58 pm

yep ,,,agree ,,,its the daft little things I miss after a 25+yrs relationship , like telling someone what went in your life on the day ,!!,,covid rules obviuosly havnt helped, but there is only so many times you can drag the dog out for another walk and a coffee and hope to fire up a chat
      ! ha

• Deleted User 19th April 2021 at 4:20 pm

Your so right my dog look at me sometimes like please don’t take me out again, but at least we can sit and have a coffee out now, but most people have someone with them, so no still no one to talk to. Can win. Come on dog we’re going out😊

• DaveNorwich 21st April 2021 at 4:51 pm

Hi, Agreed

• paulinevaughan2015 22nd April 2021 at 9:48 am

Can I suggest that if you want to meet new mates you join our Chatter group on Friday 23.

Best way to get to know people is by talking and thats what we will be doing.

A great way to end the week and no dog required.

Message me if you want to an invite

Pauline

• sandracr 3rd May 2021 at 6:15 pm

Yes please Pauline I will give it a go.

• Twitcher64 9th May 2021 at 8:04 am

Hi. I’ve been Widowed nearly a year now after being together 20yrs. Still dread getting home from work. Still open the Door and shout ‘ Honey, I’m Home ‘

• Lizziebeth1 9th May 2021 at 1:11 pm

Yes it is so hard at times, to go from having that person in your life everyday being part of a couple doing everything as a couple and then suddenly you’re all alone, even if you have family and friends it’s when you walk in the door, the quietness, the loneliness that is when it hits you.

• Marica 9th May 2021 at 2:12 pm

I do agree Lizzie. I think the friendship thing is very important before embarking on a relationship but these days , it is so hard to get to actually meet anyone as a friend let alone a prospective date . I am unsure why it has got so much harder other than internet and age. But then without the internet, none of us would have been talking!

• Chi 12th May 2021 at 12:00 am

You are so right! We are all “connected” to so many more people via social media and the internet, yet it seems more and more difficult to actually get to make (real) new friends… Perhaps things will improve now we are coming out of lockdown so we can find new people with similar interests to meet up with and get to know them better without having to use a keyboard?

• Jacqui 26 14th August 2021 at 10:04 am

Your right ….but how do you achieve this with out social media . I as a single lady find it difficult to go out on my own, let alone meet someone or say go to a pub ?

• Chi 16th August 2021 at 8:59 pm

Yes it is tricky… Difficult for any woman or man to go out on their own. I have been out for meals on my own before when travelling and often get stuck in a corner or get looks from other punters – but who cares? As things stand, I am still a tad cautious about crowded venues despite things becoming more “normal” but plan to make more of an effort with platforms such as Meetups or other interest groups locally. Who knows what life will bring…

• Jacqui 26 17th August 2021 at 8:34 am

Yes I agree ….I still don’t have the courage to go out on my own ….Good luck anyway.

• Aquaman01 5th August 2021 at 9:58 pm

you hit nail on the head Lizzie so right ; – {

• Isabelle FR 9th May 2021 at 7:27 pm

I agree that friendship first is the best foundation for a strong relationship. I have been a widow for nearly 9 years. I miss everything about him still but first he was my best friend. I could tell him anything and vice-versa, I really miss those precious moments.

• M4ri3 1st August 2021 at 9:51 am

I agree. I lost my wonderful husband suddenly 2 years ago after 36 very happy years together. I miss my best friend and soul mate. I miss the banter, the laughs, the company, the positivity and so much more. We were friends first. Friendship is all I can handle right now in terms of relationships.

• Anna123 1st August 2021 at 10:50 am

Hi Lizziebeth, Last year I split from my partner of 20 years and I am finding it pretty hard.😀

• Amy 5th August 2021 at 9:46 pm

I was widowed last aug its the social side i miss after 38 years im now on my own again

• Sandyg 12th August 2021 at 10:39 pm

That’s So sad..and at that time of inbetween lockdowns , when you would have most needed support…must have been dreadful..x

• Aquaman01 5th August 2021 at 9:54 pm

hi good idea just nice share friendship and chat sometimes ; – )

• Magga 13th August 2021 at 9:48 am

I would love someone just to share nothing with! Xx

• Diane54 22nd August 2021 at 10:42 am

I absolutely agree with you I’m very recently widowed and yes I miss friendship too you feel in limbo really

Add