Home Forums Style & Beauty perfume..

g Posted 1 year ago
perfume..

is it just me or is the perfume market just a massive rip off? perfume used to last but not anymore.. after an hour no one can smell nothing on me.. i used to have fav ones but last bottle of these seems watered down.. tried one on in shop recently and could smell it on my cuff of the top i wore the next day so brought a bottle.. one hour after the scent had vanished.. i know my nose is good.. i would love a long lasting scent but can not keep buying stuff that’s disappointing.. note i buy good makes..

8 likes & 26 replies
    • Deleted User 22nd November 2020 at 6:15 pm

I always use Dioressence have done for about 35 years, the perfume has changed but its still has good sillage. What I hate is when you really love a perfume and then they discontinue it, and it doubles in price : (

• Valartist 22nd November 2020 at 6:21 pm

I have not bought expensive perfume for years. No point! … although certain perfumes smell amazing in the tester sprays… you buy it … and what a rip off … there are no oils in them and the smell disappears in a few seconds. So totally agree … it’s time perfume became perfume again … not scented water!

• Sallya42 23rd November 2020 at 8:48 am

I stick with the classics. I’ve worn the original Miss Doir(not  the new pink version) on and off since I was 18. The quality us still good and lasts well. Although dont forget we become nose blind to smells  after a while so you wont be able to smell your own perfume. That’s why so many people wear too.much. they reapply  when they stop smelling it. You need to ask someone else to have a sniff

• Parvs 23rd November 2020 at 10:59 am

Hi I LOVE perfumes! Probably have every one but I go for Parfum as these last much longer and some classics are good. Like the ladies have mentioned Dior and Chanel, I find Lancome ones are good, but like I said i dont buy EDT anymore there is no point.

• Deleted User 24th November 2020 at 2:33 pm

NEOM energy burst

• CazH 26th November 2020 at 9:04 am

Hi! I love Jo Malone Intense fragrances (black bottles). I find these last all day and smell lovely. The fragrances not in the black bottle, I find, don’t last as well. They are pricey but as others have commented, when you find something that works for you it will be your ‘go to’ smell for a long time.

• MarianHaste 12th December 2020 at 3:41 pm

I’m with Anonymous User below – modern scents are brash and shallow and don’t last. I stick to my ancient favourites: Chanel Cristalle (but too expensive for me these days); Balmain’s Jolie Madame; Roger and Gallet’s Jean Marie Farina cologne for summer (it doesn’t last, but it never did) and best of all – top favourite by far – Femme by Rochas. I wore it for my first and second weddings. I’m not ruling it out for a third if Mr Haste passes his sell-by date.
      It’s hard to recommend a scent because it’s such a personal thing, but the general advice to stick to the old and trusted perfume houses is, I think, solid.

• Somethingshort 22nd December 2020 at 3:31 am

Essential oils. You can mix and match. Exciting. Experiment. Skin changes over time. Don’t wear the same perfume you wore ten years ago or even two years ago. Perfumes go stale. Don’t wear heavy perfume (or perfume at all) when you go out to eat. Don’t cover bad body odour with perfume. Ever. And don’t wear it on your clothes either.

• PeaceLily 22nd December 2020 at 9:17 am

I too have worn the original Miss Dior since receiving my first bottle when I was 18. I also like CK One as a lighter choice. I agree with Sally that some people wear too much which can be overpowering and loses the desired effect.

• Tris68 4th April 2021 at 3:44 pm

My favourite perfume is the body shop white musk (& Jovan white musk is also really nice) Whenever I wear it people comment on how nice I smell (though I can never smell it on myself)
      During the first lockdown my youngest granddaughter (5 then) was suffering from bad dreams so I sprayed one of her favourite big Teddy bears on her bed at ours & dropped it off for her to take to bed with her & as soon as she cuddled it she said “he smells like nanny” & later my daughter messaged me to say the smell made her think of me & had upset her as it made her miss me even more!

• adeliza0165 4th April 2021 at 10:09 pm

I agree -some of the older scents seem to last all day, like Chanel 5 and Vivien Westwood’s boudoir. Gucci Gucci – my all time favourite does aswell but it’s been discontinued and the newer ones like gucci bloom are nice too but don’t seem to last as long!
      Secret wish by ana Sui is gorgeous but it doesn’t last five minutes! Neither does Cote d’azur by lancome – shame really because it puts you off getting another bottle of it.

• Giulia 5th April 2021 at 12:54 am

do you like scented creams? you have more chance that it will last longer, if you could have the perfume from the same line even better.

• Philly 18th May 2021 at 5:44 pm

Hi ladies FM WORLD All the fragrance that we know and love but without the price ticket. No expensive bottles, No advertisement/models /film stars/no bland names.
      IF ANY ONE WOULD LIKE TO ORDER- QUOTE ID NUMBER 9529348

• Lorraine1 5th June 2021 at 4:48 pm

Perfume Parlour are quite good and very cheap. Can be hit and miss in dupes, but I haven’t disliked anything. As they are oils, they last ages on the skin and don’t go “sweet” on me. You can shop by notes to try something new. That said, my indulgence is Luna by Penhaligon’s.

• Gardener52 5th June 2021 at 5:25 pm

I love fragrances- I did end up with too many so I’m working my way through them and I will eventually have 2 day 2 evening ones I wear them everyday I don’t keep anything for best 😁 and I only really have them for birthdays or Christmas.
      I like the Marc jacobs range for day and Alien for evening I’m on the hunt for another evening one if anyone has a suggestion .

• Philly 7th June 2021 at 10:01 pm

Hi Gardener FM WORLD do Alien have just put an order in, also love Rush by Gucci and Coco channel.

• Tuppence 6th July 2021 at 9:16 pm

I never put perfume on my skin (allergies), but I always spray my clothes. This means I alwasy smell perfumed and all my clothes do too. Opening the wardrobe door is divine!

• Sue47 14th August 2021 at 4:48 pm

I don’t buy perfume, my children ask me what I want for birthdays/Christmas and I often ask for a bottle of Chanel 5 parfum between them. I wear it mainly in the evenings. I also like Aramis 900 Herbal which is a mans cologne but often get asked what it is as it smells so good.

• AnniD 28th August 2021 at 2:46 pm

My son bought me a bottle of Boss, The Scent, Intense. Lots of people have said it smells gorgeous, even this morning in Sainsbury a lady asked me what perfume I had on.

• Sylvia 1957 6th September 2021 at 11:26 pm

I love perfume. Lady Million, Black Opium, In2U. There are so many.

• pamdiane 17th October 2021 at 10:23 am

try the ones in Lidl …. they are cheap, but smell nice. admittedly smell doesn’t last all day pam

• Joyfull 18th October 2021 at 1:45 pm

I have chanel no 5 and mademoiselle. Also Armani way. They do seem to last well. But they are xmas oressies as expensive

• Tuppence 19th October 2021 at 11:57 am

Hiya, I haven’t sprayed my body with perfume for many years! I spray my clothes and my underclothes which menas I actually smell of my perfume, my wardrobe and drawers smell the same and I don’t get any skin problems from the perfume. Win-Win!

Add