Home Forums Dating People, as a rule, know what they would like in a...

Fluff Posted 7 months ago
People, as a rule, know what they would like in a potential partner. What are the top 3 attributes (apart from physical) that you value most? What are the 3 dealbreakers? I wonder if we will see much diff in Male/Female answers? :)
24 likes & 231 replies
    • Bluetrecker 17th August 2021 at 12:08 pm

Along with kindness and a positive thinker, it’s important to have their own sense of autonomy

• Keith D 17th August 2021 at 3:16 pm

Sweet buggar all

• Tuppence 24th August 2021 at 1:07 pm

Intelligence, the ability to articulate, kindness

• Bobby65 24th August 2021 at 1:41 pm

Good sense of humour, says what he thinks , generous . Deal breaker mean, whingy and bad breath .

• Shirley1961 24th August 2021 at 3:27 pm

Honesty, fun, enjoying the same interest
      No no’s – Arrogant, liars,

• July 25th August 2021 at 8:57 am

Loyalty, Honesty, sense of humour

• Sense of humour 6th September 2021 at 11:57 pm

Honesty trustworthy trust is so important respect

• Keith D 7th September 2021 at 12:23 pm

Mutual respect, trust and honesty

• Tommy pickles 9th September 2021 at 6:51 pm

Got to be mutual respect for others, kindness and fun outlook to life

• Gerard 9th September 2021 at 9:06 pm

I want someone who doesn’t smother me, doesn’t expect 100% attention, and has their own hobbies.
      My ideal woman, would have the qualities, characteristics of a cat. Playful, needs attention, but also likes to do their own thing.

• Brighton Belle 5th November 2021 at 12:50 pm

Gerard sounds like your describing me….

• Mad Ralph 5th November 2021 at 3:10 pm

• Lisajmc 5th November 2021 at 3:52 pm

😂

• Wunderwoman 5th November 2021 at 10:48 pm

Tolerance, compassion, loyalty, fun (I know that’s 4 not 3!).

• Jenn1fer 6th November 2021 at 4:00 am

A good sense of humour, thoughtful towards others and, a positive outlook.

• Grace Williams 6th November 2021 at 5:13 pm

Integrity.

Without this one attribute, everything else pales into insignificance, as this sums it up how you live. (If you have this, then invariably everything else follows – humour, kindness, love, joy etc – being completely honest with yourself, doesnt allow room for anything else to fit in)

• Starfish1 6th November 2021 at 6:46 pm

Some one who tells the truth. Is the highest priority. Believe me there are so many that don’t.

• BARRIE 7th November 2021 at 9:08 am

Faithfulness, trust, honesty.
      Dealbreakers. Not having any of the above.

• Fuff 7th November 2021 at 8:18 pm

My list gets longer as time goes by and 3 just doesn’t cover it . Can make me laugh, kind and lonfg walks. Being able to recognise a bird from its song would be a big advantage too 😂

• CaroleB 11th November 2021 at 9:33 pm

Must haves – honesty, financial security and a humanitarian. Deal breakers – has no outside hobbies or interests, no interest in the wider world, not interested in life-long learning.

• Cheers on toast 11th November 2021 at 10:20 pm

Sense of humour, empathy, own space.

• Linpap 12th November 2021 at 6:15 pm

Similar humour to mine; independent; intelligent/interesting/interested (like my in words!)

• Linpap 13th November 2021 at 9:11 am

Forgot to add deal breakers funnily enough that’s harder than what I do want! Ok here goes bad breath; someone who tries to control or smother or is very clingy; someone who is indifferent to me- I want to know whoever I am with is really into me

• Shell69 13th November 2021 at 11:19 pm

Must haves – honesty, caring/loving, witty
      No no’s – arrogance, selfishishness, vanity

• Storeybook 14th November 2021 at 11:04 pm

Loving, caring and supportive are my must haves.

Deal-breakers are arrogance, thoughtlessness and patronising.

• Junebug 15th November 2021 at 10:00 am

Honesty, reliable and a sense of humour (if I could sneak in a fourth it would be and loves Glasgow Rangers!)

• Keith D 15th November 2021 at 11:16 am

O have been on my own for such a long time, that i no longer know what i would like from a special friend or partner?
      So i am no longer looking . I realise that we all come to a point , where its best to simply be yourself and dint go hoping to meet anyone?

I used to tell people that i am widowed , but i now realise that although my wife died of cancer. We are still married by our eternal love

Now i tell people that i am married to an angel, who lives in heaven . Xx

• Paula’splace 19th November 2021 at 8:06 am

That’s lovely Keith. I never really thought about it until I read an article in a magazine asking if you should still wear your wedding ring if you are a widow and someone replied no, as in the eyes of the law you are no longer married.
        Who cares what the law thinks?

• Keith D 19th November 2021 at 1:19 pm

Hi Paula what a beautiful name
          I recall a sing of that name by Paul and Paula.
          It brings back gappy memories
          I took my wedding ring of a for a bit many years ago, but now it remains permanently on my ✋
          When i was a member of the national council for divorced and separated. Divorced and some separated people took their wedding rings off.
          But widows and widowers didnt.
          As we agree who cares what the law says about us not being still married.
          We certainly arent divorced
          Im married to an angel in heaven. She told me not to be morbid when she popped off?
          She popped off many years ago and lives in heaven with loved family members?
          I would like to meet new ladies and become friends and if things grow between us, then so be it

It can be very lonely sometimes?

• Paula’splace 19th November 2021 at 8:10 am

I haven’t really thought about being with someone else, very hard after being in a relationship and marriage with one man for over 40 years. Having made compromises and now being on my own for the last four years. I think I would
      be quite difficult to put up with. I’m not as easygoing as I used to be and I’ve become very set in my ways. Don’t want to get involved with anyone’s moods, habits, or dramas, as I’ve had enough of my own. If love came my way again I might embrace it but I’m not looking for it. Also discovered recently I snore and always have cold feet.

• Keith D 19th November 2021 at 1:34 pm

PAULA dont worry about meeting anyone new and not knowing what to do or say. Or putting up a protective wall??

Ive had relationships and thought i knew what to do and how to act? But most of them were too soon
        Then others i liked had personal issues from their past. Etc

But now i would happily make new friends and if affection eventually grew between us to work with them and see what the affection Angel’s had in store for us. Which could be nothing at all?

Yes we can knock ourselves and be negative, but whats wrong with moving on in life and letting fate and nature guide us?
        I think that from what you write you are very afraid to see whats out off your protective cuckoon . Fear of the unknown is very powerful and scary
        But also what you believe can negatively happen is a normal reaction to grieving?
        Take care Paula and try not to be too negative
        I dont know where you live.
        Iive in south yorkshire, where the angels come to rest
        Best wishes
        Keitb

• Brad_66 19th November 2021 at 11:54 am

In no particular order:
      1- Mad as a brush
      2- Love of the outdoors
      3- Trustworthy

Dealbreakers:
      1- Ex issues
      2- A liar
      3- No sense of adventure

• Paula’splace 19th November 2021 at 5:56 pm

Awh thanks Keith I live in London / South West, Twickenham, I agree with you I am still grieving and a bit angry too. I am definitely scared of what is out there but even being positive I’m also afraid to care for someone and have to go through the pain of loss again. But also there are some very weird people out there too and as you said often come with personal issues. It would be nice to have someone special in my life and I won’t say never probably not right now.
      My dear Mum r.i.p always said what’s for you won’t go by you.
      take care Keith. all the best. Paula

Add