Home Forums Women’s Health Pelvic Organ Prolapse

jomaryhall Posted 1 year ago
Pelvic Organ Prolapse

In 2010 I had a sudden and unexplained episode of urge incontenience. Not stress incontience like peeing when I sneezed this was acute urging which resulted in me being part of the pee clinic, botox injections into the bladder and surgery in 2014 called a anterior vag repair (in layman terms) and public floor reconstruction. It’s a subject I’m writing up the chapters with the hope to start a charity to help others. The most helpful Facebook group was Leaks, Bladder, Bowel, incontenience UK, a private group. The hardest thing is starting to write again when it makes me feel sad about how it changed my life.

2 likes & 7 replies
    • Deleted User 9th March 2021 at 7:23 pm

I had one of these repairs, front and rear, a year after having 2nd child, due to midwife arrogance. Looking back i see had pts for 1st year after, i still think of how i was treated 25 urs later, so i know what u mean. The damage to my body will affect me for rest of my life.

• jomaryhall 10th March 2021 at 11:34 am

Thank you for talking about this beacause I would like to progress with my book and knowing there are others in a similar situation helps to support my work. Thank you. Let’s keep talking about these things.

• Betsy 10th March 2021 at 11:22 am

I have never heard of this condition but do wonder if I may suffer from it too. I’ve been under the hospital for years until recently when they decided I couldn’t have Botox injections into my bladder because I wasn’t at that time leaking! So I still
      spend the best part of my day in the toilet! This makes going out anywhere very difficult even walking, as I have to know there is a convenience open before I can leave home. During lockdown a lot of public toilets have been closed so my usual walks are out. Shopping is hard too I can only shop locally as there is a toilet in our local supermarket thank goodness. Thank you for your article its reassuring to know there are others out there like me.

• jomaryhall 10th March 2021 at 11:39 am

Hi, I do believe talking about this subject will help in the long run. My story is similar to yours. I too had to plan every day when my leaks were non-stop. The days when pads simply did not fit and the frustration and shame of this topic. I hope I can get going with my writing and let’s open this subject up, as it is not just women and it’s not older women that it affects. Thank you for sharing.

• jomaryhall 11th March 2021 at 3:30 pm

Perhaps the most profound moment with an urge incontinence was when the project management of my condition took me full circle back to visiting a Women’s health Physiotherapist.

• Tris68 4th April 2021 at 3:55 pm

I had surgery last year for bowel & bladder prolapses but will need surgery for stress incontinence as the slightest little thing makes me pee! I also think I have something called a recto something fistula as last week after going for poo & wiping my bottom when I wiped the front there was poo on the tissue 😬 I’ve had bowel problems for years. About 8 years ago I had to have a sacral nerve stimulator as I kept having accidents due to bad delivery technique when I had my first daughter & also got told I had a hole in my rectum (basically could only hold 5mls of poo before I needed to go to the loo) Whether this is now causing my new problem I’m not sure. Who’d be a woman eh! 😂

• jomaryhall 15th May 2021 at 8:24 am

Some of us have no choice but to go for surgery and it was hard to read your message when I know how difficult your life has been. There are books about people winning without surgery but it’s not the case for everyone. You sounded light hearted at the end of your post and you look like a lovely person in your profile picture. I was wondering have you heard of LIBBI UK a Facebook Group?

Add