Home Forums Hobbies, Sports & Leisure Parkruns in Wales cancelled from 1st January 😢

SteveInWales Posted 5 months ago
Parkruns in Wales cancelled from 1st January 😢

New Covid regulations in Wales mean that from Boxing Day, outdoor events of more than 50 people will not be allowed, which includes Parkrun. Gutted! 😭

13 replies
    • Forestbather 23rd December 2021 at 9:39 am

Mark Drakeford – sapping the all the joy out of life. I’m completely fed up with it all. Are you anywhere near the border? I’m sure you’d be welcomed at other parkruns in England. I’m a tourist, (nearing my 100th location) so can vouch for the welcome that tourists get.

I’m dreading this sort of nonsense in England.

Why from Boxing Day? Is COVID neutralised until the 26th and then suddenly becomes a threat? If something is GENUINELY dangerous, you stop it immediately. Sitting on the motorway is dangerous. You can do it until Boxing Day, but then you have to stop ………. WTAF????

Rant over.

• OLDMAN351 24th December 2021 at 3:37 pm

Drakeford needs to retire to his potting shed,he is SINGLE HANDEDLY killing Wales off,Drs,Medical Advisors etc ALL say this moronic variant is 40>50% LESS virulent than the others.TOTAL FARCE from the beginning.Joy & I NOT had a sniff of it since it started,even did a 21 day motorbike road trip down through France & Italy in Sept 2020.,& YES,WE VOTED ABOLISH,like to know how HERR Drakeford got back in.TRAITOR TO WALES.

• JaneyC5 24th December 2021 at 4:06 pm

👏

• SteveInWales 24th December 2021 at 5:19 pm

Until the population of Wales move away from this mentality of only voting Labour, you’ll be stuck with Drakeford & the likes of him for the foreseeable future. IMO Labour has done bugger all for Wales and the poor towns & villages are still poor. Wales needs something different.

• OLDMAN351 24th December 2021 at 7:17 pm

Joy & I 100% AGREE with your opinion,they ALL seem to still bear a grudge for Maggie closing down the mines,BUT,if a lot of them were running at a loss,where”s the problem.??? As someone once said,”with the mines shut down,at least we STILL have some sort of fuel in the ground should it be needed in an emergency”.Times have changed & ATTITUDES need to as well,vote for TODAY,NOT for the PAST.

• Dennis 24th December 2021 at 8:16 pm

Parkruns probably the biggest public health initiative of the 21st century, and an outdoors activity, scrapped at a time people’s health will play a major factor in fighting this virus.

Makes sense to me 🤷‍♂️

Add