Home Forums House & Home Park Homes

• Park Homes

Hello all. Just curious if anyone on here lives in a park home and would like to share their views on living in a park home? Positives and negatives. Much appreciated, thank you.

Posted by RubyMcGooby
    • Reply by Fluffy

my 2nd wife and i planned to retire to a park home in the countryside as she loved fishing and i wanted to take up landscape painting.
      sadly she never made it to retirement so i’ve shelved that plan for now.

• Reply by RubyMcGooby

Ah that’s a shame Fluffy, but you could still do so, they say they’re very sociable places☺️

• Reply by Shirlann

My mum has lived in one for over 30 years loves it!

• Reply by RubyMcGooby

That’s great Shirlann. The only negatives I’m coming across are that they depreciate in value and of course the % you have to hand over when you sell. ☺️

• Reply by Anonymous User

Excuse my ignorance but what’s a park home? 🤔

• Reply by RubyMcGooby

Hello to a fellow vegan! They are mobile homes located in residential parks – all over the UK.

• Reply by Anonymous User

And a plant-based hello to you too! 🙂
          Ah, thanks. I thought that might be it but didn’t want to look stupid lol 🤭
          My late grandmother lived in one for a number of years. Seemed tidy enough but I don’t know anything about the practicalities.

• Reply by Teejay

Hi Ruby, Have lived in one scince splitting up last october.
      Pros for me are, its peaceful, I live on a very small site.
      Its relativly cheap to live.
      Modern homes are comfortable and have all the mod cons.
      Biggest con for me is lack of a garden and out door storage.
      I really love my Park home.

• Reply by RubyMcGooby

Thanks Teejay. The modern homes look fantastic. I would definitely need a small garden, some of them do have them, but not all. The peacefulness appeals to me. ☺️

• Reply by Shirlann

My mum’s got a corner plot got good size garden and always talking about the community feel too!

• Reply by BernSawle

better with new ones .Older ones prone to leaks . personally would prefer a proper fully insulated container home if I could find a piece of land and a partner who is a WE person

• Reply by RubyMcGooby

Great idea, what do you mean by a ‘WE’ person?

Add