Home Forums Jobs & Careers Over 70 and working full time?

Team Rest Less Posted 7 months ago
Over 70 and working full time?

We are working on a press release about the increase in the number of over 70s in full time employment over the past 10 years.

I wondered if we had any people aged 70+ who are still working full time and who’d be happy to share their experiences as part of our media work?

If you’re interested, please comment below and I can give you a call to give you more details.

Thanks!

3 likes & 2 replies
    • ljsteward 2nd December 2021 at 5:18 pm

You can add me to this list. I turned 78 in September and still working full time now as a Transition Life Coach as well as managing a home improvement contracting service on the side. I experience a few aches and pains but I’ve never been more enthused or motivated to pursue my purpose in life as I am experiencing now.

I am active in the Jobs & Careers groups here to support those in the same category as myself. I strongly believe in the benefits of our age group to draw on their extensive experience to consider starting a small business from the comfort of their home. Why? Because it eliminates the struggle to fight ageism and rejection in the job marketplace not to mention all the convenience working from home provides. Plus you control what you do the way you want to do it. And, maybe best of all, if you do it right, your income potential is truly unlimited!

I feel everyone who has accumulated the experience of working over 70 has a lot to offer if they are healthy and motivated to keep giving back. In fact, I believe to be actively involved in something that you are passionate about will keep you sharp and add years to your life.

• Team Rest Less 6th December 2021 at 4:36 pm

Thank you for sharing Larry. Often journalists are looking for people based in the UK but I will definitely share your story with the papers with a more global outlook.

Add