Home Forums General Our police are the second-worst force in England,...

frodo and wookie Posted 12 months ago
Our police are the second-worst force in England, they could not organize a party at a Brewery. My local Doctors (fort Knox) seem to find it hard to bother calling back or arranging basic appointments. Fume……….!!
25 replies
    • AEB 25th August 2021 at 10:07 am

Hi
      I have been lucky I have never needed to call or depend on the local police,
      but do feel GP Surgery now needs to step up as they have been very difficult to contact for general appointment/check ups

• Deleted User 25th August 2021 at 10:37 am

Please don’t slag off the police or any blue light workers. That makes me extremely cross and I don’t get cross.

You don’t know what they have to deal with on a daily basis, what shit they deal with daily, being short staffed, force numbers decreased and the list goes on.

I’m not going to say anymore.

• frodo and wookie 30th August 2021 at 4:40 pm

Tories are truly to blame, lack of investment etc.

• Deleted User 30th August 2021 at 4:47 pm

Yes I know that but you were slagging off a police force. They do the best they can under atrocious circumstances.
          No blue light worker should be slagged off in my opinion. We would be lost without them. Let’s just hope you never need them.

• Catwoman 25th August 2021 at 10:49 am

Our local police station closed as it wasn’t needed apparently 🤔
      GP surgery keeps changing the way we have to get in touch with them too. Looks like phone consultations are the new way of doing things 😕

• Deleted User 25th August 2021 at 10:56 am

They don’t have the funds to keep the smaller stations going. Its bloody ridiculous in this day and age. With cuts to vital services such as mental health, the police deal with alot of these cases and can’t leave a vulnerable person should another call come through.
        My son is a policeman and I hear what they are having to deal with. Its also mindless idiots who think it’s ‘big’ to run from the police and assault them which can take 5 or 6 officers just to that one shout.
        Sorry this is very emotional and upsetting to me when I know what my son goes through on every shift.

• Catwoman 25th August 2021 at 12:04 pm

It’s not the fault of the police it’s the fault of the government cutting funding. I’m sure you worry everytime he’s out there x

• Deleted User 25th August 2021 at 12:21 pm

Some just blame the police though. I do worry and I know he doesn’t tell me the bad bits anymore because it bothers me. He’s been assaulted, threatened, dealt with suicidal people and had to pick up pieces of a person who jumped in front of a train. They are often single crewed too. If a police officer has to hit their red button because they are in danger , then all officers in the area that are not on a potentially life threatening shout will rush to get there.
          Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if I have upset anyone, I’m sorry. But this is very close to my heart and is one topic that will get me wound up.
          Xx

• Catwoman 25th August 2021 at 12:37 pm

You haven’t upset me at all I can understand your point of view x

• Deleted User 25th August 2021 at 1:15 pm

Xx

• loislane 25th August 2021 at 5:34 pm

I agree, my daughter works for the police but on the civilian side. So she sees both sides and the cutbacks have had an horrendous toll on numbers
          I will not have our services slagged off as they do the best they can.
          Most of us couldn’t do what they do, the filth they have to put up with.
          Then try living in other countries where the police are brutal, corrupt and in the gangs pockets, or join up and make a difference.

• Deleted User 25th August 2021 at 3:33 pm

Do not knock our Police, in my opinion they do a fantastic job under very difficult circumstances.

• Andie 26th August 2021 at 10:45 am

🙄

• Deleted User 26th August 2021 at 11:43 am

Hiding behind an anonymous nom de plume and making very generalized and non-specific statements completely negates your position. The truth is that all organizations have been struggling to cope with a series of challenges over the last couple of decades. In the case of the Police – 20,000 officers cut from their ranks since the Tories came to power in 2010 is but one of them. The NHS has had to cope with being at the frontline of beating Coronavirus and again this Government just cuts funding and expects more for less and instructs GP’s to increase the level of remote consultations. Likewise, all public sector services have been sacrificed so that the mates of Government Ministers can be awarded massive contracts for work they have no experience of and who perform so badly that the state then has to intervene (look at what’s happening on the railways!). What all Governments need to understand is that we all rely on these vital public services and we want them to be properly invested in rather than fanciful useless vanity projects like HS2, Smart Motorways etc, etc, etc.

• Vixster 26th August 2021 at 5:09 pm

Surely it’s a case of “what all voters should understand”…. is that when they vote Tory they are voting for a reduction in public services funding so don’t expect things to continue like the good old days.

• 650cc dominator 2 27th August 2021 at 12:59 am

Just think how much worse it would be under Labour. Jeremy corbyn. !!!

• Vixster 27th August 2021 at 8:50 am

Corbyn is no longer around and no one could do worse than Johnson ……except Cameron of course.

• Andy Paddles 27th August 2021 at 5:40 pm

An excellent point Vixster – if any of our public services are sub standard for the most part it’s not the fault of the personnel who from my experience are hard working, professional, competent and committed people.

They do demanding jobs with fewer and fewer resources – the cuts made by national government to LA budgets over the last few years have been (to use the 2020 expression) unprecedented!

You get what you vote for! Less tax = less public service! 🥺

• Deleted User 28th August 2021 at 12:43 am

Vixster, I take your point and largely agree. The wording of my first post was because all Governments do the same, meaning the electorate do not have a real choice. Smart Motorways and HS2 were actually Labour Government policies prior to 2010.

• Be Be 27th August 2021 at 3:36 pm

I totally agree with you Ian, this government are a disgrace and the ‘B’ word, well I won’t even go there🤐

• frodo and wookie 30th August 2021 at 4:46 pm

vote Labour, however, my last vote was for the Monster raving looney party….lol.

• Fuff 26th August 2021 at 6:07 pm

Easy to criticise, all these people worked through lock down and put themselves at risk. Now they have become the butt of everyone’s anger and frustration. Speaking as a key worker who’s feeling very unappreciated and quite frankly tired of being faced with people’s verbal abuse on a daily basis. 😡

• vaughanpauline 28th August 2021 at 7:53 am

I appreciate what all key workers have done, after all I would have been one myself (food supply not medical) had I not gone and caught covid instead.

But I just want to know why I have to survive with an extremely painful and swollen knee and other joints till 7 Sept before the gp can see me?

Add