Home Forums House & Home Old fridge and washing machine

• Old fridge and washing machine

Hi I am moving into a house with integrated appliance so have a fridge/freezer and washing machine that I don’t need but still using till i move both in good condition. Best advice to get rid of at short notice?

Posted by Vicky1970
    • Reply by Carol.L

Try contacting British Heart Foundation as I know that they will collect white goods to re-sell in their charity shops. Or maybe other charities or children’ s nurseries local to you.

• Reply by Tinlizzie

Depending on where you live – they may have a freebies Facebook page. If you put them on that site they will go.

• Reply by Dorothea

Or put on Facebook Marketplace, emphasising fthat they are free and “buyer” must collect.

• Reply by Dorothea

Ring your local council as many do collections, though there is often a fee. Ours will take 5 items for £15, so neighbours sometimes share.

• Reply by Mazza

Or Gumtree?

• Reply by JellyBean

Freecycle if you want to do someone a good turn, you could advertise them immediately letting them know when you want the items collected. That way you can keep them until the last minute. http://www.freecycle.org

• Reply by Little echo

Offer on a recycle local site. Free to person who uplifts it.

• Reply by 650cc dominator

Some councils will collect free. I don’t know where you are. Seams a shame to throw them away. There are a few free sites around that you could give them away.

Add