Home Forums General Not happy

Deleted User Posted 2 months ago
Not happy

So to all the selfish people who have filled up with petrol just for the sake of it, I hope you feel guilty for us keyworkers who need petrol to see vulnerable adults in the community, but can’t find anywhere local.

Looks like I’ll be on the phone all afternoon ringing around petrol stations to see when they are having a delivery.

Thanks a lot you selfish morons.

Media as usual getting things wrong and mindless idiots believing them.

12 likes & 44 replies
    • SteveInWales 27th September 2021 at 1:45 pm

Ere, ere

• loislane 27th September 2021 at 1:47 pm

Definitely no wartime spirit to be found then, certainly a selfish me me me culture now.
      And definitely shows stupidity

• Always 27th September 2021 at 2:20 pm

I’m so with you on this! Working in children’s services today has been hell on earth trying to help the most vulnerable in society these idiots have no idea of the knock in effect of their selfishness! 😡

• Dr Dave 27th September 2021 at 2:23 pm

Did you find any fuel? I filled up on the M5 last night thankfully. Got to Bristol
      Later and my local big garage was out of fuel. I can’t wait for the mad turkey buying frenzy when it happens 🤔😕

• Catwoman 27th September 2021 at 4:34 pm

The army should be brought in. Perhaps they could shoot a few?
      Good luck getting fuel

• Paul095 27th September 2021 at 4:58 pm

Left Cardiff, this morning I’m in Norwich now, Ipswich tomorrow, Cambridge on Thursday then back to cardiff. It’s like an apocalypse garages empty, flipping media !!!

• linda g 27th September 2021 at 5:08 pm

I’m a key worker and nurse. I see people in the community with long term conditions, some of them acutely unwell.
      But I completely understand how people have rushed out to get fuel….the news and media scared people into it….my friends and family that went out to get fuel the last couple of days aren’t selfish…they just have their own reasons….different reasons….
      #kindness #showthelove

• min 28th September 2021 at 2:55 pm

Doesn’t everyone have reasons… different reasons?

• Mad Ralph 28th September 2021 at 2:59 pm

No. I hardly use my car so there’s no reason to fill it up.

• linda g 28th September 2021 at 3:04 pm

But what if you wanted to use it, needed to or were forced to….wouldn’t that be you own reason….?? Oh my…..do you think this is a circular arguement….wheres the sofa when you need it!! 🤔🤣

• Mad Ralph 28th September 2021 at 3:10 pm

When I need to use it and it gets low on fuel I’ll fill it up but I’m not going out to sit in a line of traffic for something I don’t need yet.
          That would be panic buying.

• min 28th September 2021 at 4:04 pm

I meant everyone that fills up. And yes, like you Ralph, not everyone is rushing to fill their tank.

• loislane 28th September 2021 at 7:54 pm

Yes, if course, and that’s reasonable but there are some who stockpile. I remember a time when people were filling up wheelie bins in their garages

• Debskidoo Carmarthenshire 27th September 2021 at 6:28 pm

I’m lucky that I walk to work, probably take the bus on the weekend if I need anything, car can stay where it is for the moment – good luck to all who need fuel, I feel your pain 🤞

• Fuff 28th September 2021 at 12:08 pm

Well said, I’m a key worker but live on a good bus route luckily and haven’t run out yet

• Cheeseman dave 28th September 2021 at 4:27 pm

I blame the media there was no issue up until Thursday then news reports buggered it all up .. luckily I always keep mine filled up .. why can’t all the people that worked from home during the pandemic work from home again that way they wouldn’t need petrol ..

• Alexandra 2013 28th September 2021 at 4:59 pm

I don’t blame people they may need it just as much as you do. It’s the media that starts all this, they revel in bad news and chaos

• Mad Ralph 28th September 2021 at 6:56 pm

!!!

• Caroline of Smoggy land 28th September 2021 at 7:49 pm

All people have done since February 2020, has been stocking up – toilet paper, dried pasta, hand gel, soap and now petrol.

What will they stock up on in 2022?

• Julie R 29th September 2021 at 11:54 am

Like a lot of other people have said it’s the selfish me me me culture.
      The media have got to take a massive share of the blame for creating this shortage – like the toilet roll crisis!!

Suggestions on what we will be stocking up on in the next few months please?

• Reverend Nick 29th September 2021 at 1:34 pm

I’d put money on it that the people who absolutely “had” to work from home at the beginning of the lockdown are now the ones driving from petrol station to petrol station because they’re now “essential” car users.

The media is partially to blame – the BBC loves to witter in an “Oh what shall we do?” kind of way, and can be guaranteed to make a crisis out of any slightly unusual situation – but the lion’s share of blame should go to those citizens obsessed with possibility of someone else getting something that they think they have a primary entitlement to.

What will we run out of next? My guess is sugar – Bake Off’s on telly again and then there’s all those Christmas cakes to start making. What scenes there’ll be in the shops!

• Ric 3rd October 2021 at 10:58 am

Morning Guys and Gals

A couple of astounding revelations here in my neck of the woods reference Petrol Crisis…..

Gentleman number 1 appeared at a local fuel station in his car,opened the boot and removed a gallon fuel can – Only!

When questioned by the guy directly behind waiting in the queue to fill his tank as to why he was purely filling the can? Gentleman 1 retorted ‘ Its a lovely day and I need to mow my lawn’. He went on to say his petrol mower was empty!

Further to the above, a lady driver drove to a forecourt and managed to put £5.00 in her vehicle taking it to the full mark…..
      It must have used £5.00 driving to the garage forecourt and sitting in the long line of traffic for 2 hours.

Thank goodness its 2021 and not 1939 but I wonder how Mr Churchill would have dealt with the situation?

Well at least he looked the part as Prime Minister and not Coco the Clown!

Have a great day all.

Ric

Add