Home Forums Local Groups England Kent New here!

Jananne Posted 1 year ago
New here!
2 likes & 6 replies
    • Ginny65 23rd January 2021 at 6:02 pm

Hello. I’m from near Sittingbourne. I retired at the end of last year at 55 with lots of plans in place that are now on hold. Like you a little fed up with Covid and am keeping busy with crochet, knitting, writing a book and learning Russian. Love your dog, nice to have a pal to keep you company.

• Jananne 23rd January 2021 at 6:37 pm

Hi Ginny, he’s not actually mine! He belongs to my son but he’s gorgeous!
        I’m am so fed up, am doing a lot of sewing as well at the moment, to keep me busy!
        You’re brave learning Russian, must be difficult! What is your book about? I always fancied writing but it just doesn’t happen. I do a bit of photography but lost a bit of motivation at the moment. I’ll get out again when we get some good weather. Good luck with it all. Have a great weekend 😊

• Ginny65 23rd January 2021 at 7:30 pm

I’ve been sewing bonding hearts for babies and parents when the baby is prem and the parents wear the heart and then the baby sleeps on it in the incubator. Helps the baby bond with the parents via smell.
          I agree only so much crafting you can do. At the moment I’m noting plots, building characters but I have a rough idea to work on. I retired from Kent police and the book is about a crime but focussing on a barrister and the woman she is defending, reflecting on her own life as they await the verdict. I’m keen to use the Japanese red thread idea to show both women’s lives and the similarities.
          I’m not just starting on Russian and speaking only to start with. Only using the internet free resources but I’ve found a few Russian crime series on Netflix to follow.
          I can follow French but s bit rusty speaking it. I like watching Spiral on bbc4 but keep picking fault in the translations.
          I’ve taken up running and although I am never going to be a record breaker I’m enjoying getting out and exercising.
          It is hard keeping upbeat when it seems there’s no end to it. I’ve not seen my daughter in Australia for 3 years and don’t know when I will get there. My son is in London and I’ve not seen him to spend time with him since last Xmas. We will get through this and in the meantime we need to keep each other’s spirits up. Here if you need to vent or offload.

• Jananne 23rd January 2021 at 7:51 pm

You certainly are keeping busy! The bonding hearts is a lovely thing to do! Must be interesting putting all the characters and plots together. You must have a really inquisitive mind.
          I did French at school and keep intending to get back to it but haven’t yet.
          I was supposed to go to my son’s for Christmas but didn’t happen. Like a lot of people everything got put on hold.
          I do yoga every morning to try to keep sane and supple. Afraid I don’t do running, always seems so hard on the joints!
          Where about is your son in London, mine lives in Dartford and got engaged recently, which we haven’t been able to celebrate! He did work out if Australia for a while on the cruise ships and had an amazing holiday over there with him. Where does your daughter live? Hard not seeing her for 3 years, bet you miss her 😞
          It is hard keeping up beat, especially at the moment just have to take each day as it comes. Hopefully the end is coming – would like it to be sooner rather than later! 😊

• Ginny65 23rd January 2021 at 8:24 pm

Yoga sounds good. I do online Pilates to keep supple and maintain core strength. My son introduced me to his instructor, Kerry, in London back in July and it’s the best thing I’ve done. She runs Happy Body Pilates and I do 2 online classes with Kerry and a couple of solo practice sessions a week. My movement snd flexibility has really improved. I have bought some really good running shoes that are right for my foot pressure etc but I’m aware that the road surfaces are hard. Looking forward to footpath/trail running nice the spring gets here.
          My son is in north/west London, in Cricklewood. I used to meet up with him every few weeks at St Panc and we’d go for lunch and take in a gallery or two in town. He came back last Xmas (2019/20) and due to work and then the March lockdown I’ve not been able to spend time with him since. I did drive up before the December lockdown one evening and dropped off some pressies and goodies but couldn’t go in due to restrictions, so we did 10 min chat on the doorstep and I drove back.
          It’s a shame about having to delay your celebrations and missing Christmas with him. It is hard on us Mothers during these strange times. Even though they are grown up they are still our children and to be honest I like spending time with them as adults.
          It will get better we just need to take each day at a time and it be g winter doesn’t help but we can plan those fun things we need to catch up on. Take care.

• Jananne 23rd January 2021 at 6:38 pm

Yep me too!!!

Add