Home Forums General Need to rant, it was my birthday yesterday, Happy...

Raine24 Posted 1 year ago
Need to rant, it was my birthday yesterday, Happy birthday to me 😥 My husband didn’t get me anything, I had to buy my own present from my sons, my mum forgot it was my birthday, and on my work WhatsApp group, there where lots of messages to welcome a new lady, but no one said happy birthday to me
15 likes & 179 replies
    • BridgetWren 19th February 2021 at 7:58 pm

Well, Happy Birthday for the 15th January, Raine24 !
      There are some lovely messages here.
      Perhaps I’ll post something the day before my birthday (which isn’t until next January) and see what happens 🙂
      If enough of us do it we could celebrate each day. x

• Raine24 19th February 2021 at 8:11 pm

Hi, yes all those messages really cheered me up, definitely put a message up when its your birthday, we should do a birthday shout out each day, for anyone who has a birthday that day

• BridgetWren 19th February 2021 at 9:29 pm

Yes.. a birthday shout out… I don’t know how many people are on Rest Less but I suspect it will be someone’s birthday today.

The Birthday Paradox >>
          In a room of just 23 people there’s a 50-50 chance of at least two people having the same birthday. In a room of 75 there’s a 99.9% chance of at least two people matching.

I normally hope people remember my birthday, but now that I’m on my own I may have to shout it from the tree-tops 🙂

• Raine24 19th February 2021 at 9:42 pm

Yes it’s got to be someone’s birthday on here today, I love your birthday paradox. Why not shout it from the roof tops, it’s your special day.
          I like your profile picture 😃

• BridgetWren 19th February 2021 at 10:20 pm

Thanks. Its uncannily accurate.

… Oh! I’m quite new to the site, and have only just seen that you’ve had a birthday party in your honour and a cake. That’s nice isn’t it! Will put it in my calendar for next year.

• Raine24 19th February 2021 at 10:32 pm

My hair is like that as well, before I tame it each morning 😄
          I’m quite new to this group also, I didn’t realise they had done a party in my honour, and I missed it 😕

• BridgetWren 19th February 2021 at 10:41 pm

I can’t tame mine 🙂
          Sorry you missed it, it looks like a lot of people enjoyed it on your behalf. I suspect you were busy booking a spa day.
          Next year’s going to be a helluva bash.

• Raine24 19th February 2021 at 10:56 pm

Well I like to think I’ve tamed it until I go outside, yes I’m looking forward to my spa day, when ever that may be, let’s hope that by next year we can all enjoy parties.

• Susie58 19th February 2021 at 8:00 pm

For what it may be worth to you Happy Birthday Raine

• dudesmith001 19th February 2021 at 8:03 pm

A big hug and best wishes xx

• Colin in Kent 19th February 2021 at 8:15 pm

Oh my goodness, that’s rubbish. I’m so sorry. I wish you the very best belated birthday.

• Raine24 19th February 2021 at 9:34 pm

Thanks, yes it was a totally rubbish birthday, fingers crossed for next year.

• Colin in Kent 19th February 2021 at 10:05 pm

Well I hope your husband remembers next time!

• Raine24 19th February 2021 at 10:16 pm

That’s if he lives until next year 😉 but I don’t hold out much hope of getting a present.

• Colin in Kent 19th February 2021 at 11:30 pm

Does he ever get you a present??

• Raine24 20th February 2021 at 8:54 am

He did in the early days, but now he just says, I don’t know what to get you, so doesn’t bother at all, I don’t have expensive tastes, any thoughtful gift would have been appreciated.

• Colin in Kent 20th February 2021 at 9:02 am

Set up an Amazon or other online wishlist, make it public, send him the link and tell him to feel free to buy anything on it! My wife and I both have wishlists we can point family and friends at when they’re lacking inspiration.

• Raine24 20th February 2021 at 9:50 am

That’s a brilliant idea Colin, except he is not very good with technology, I know exactly what he would say, ‘why can’t you just order it for me’ which is what I ended up doing for my Christmas present, otherwise I wouldn’t have got a Christmas present either.

• Colin in Kent 20th February 2021 at 10:28 am

Sadly, it just sounds like excuses and disinterest to me. To me it’s important to travel through life with little kindnesses, particularly towards ones we love. But everyone is different and what suits one relationship doesn’t suit another.

• Raine24 20th February 2021 at 12:58 pm

Unfortunate he is disinterested and lazy, and this relationship doesn’t suit me anymore, but he doesn’t see any problems.
          I agree with you kindness and respect go along way.

• dudesmith001 20th February 2021 at 10:58 am

“That’s if he lives until next year 😉”
          Just made me giggle 🙂

• Deleted User 19th February 2021 at 8:54 pm

Think you are entitled to rant. Belated Birthday wishes

• Naj 19th February 2021 at 10:17 pm

Happy birthday, so sorry you didn’t have a nice day. I hope you had some cake, just treat yourself when lockdown is over 🎉🎂🎁

• RobertC 20th February 2021 at 8:24 am

Happy birthday!

• LibbymacH 20th February 2021 at 6:10 pm

Happy belated birthday, Im sure you deserve much more 🌈

• annie beth 22nd February 2021 at 11:52 pm

It’s entirely you’re own fault you know, I mean did you remind everyone,did you put it on “breaking news ” on the telly,did you put it on the radio, what about the local newspaper, and most importantly the headlines on the top national newspaper and I bet you never let the town crier know,you see you only have yourself to blame 😄😄

• Raine24 6th April 2021 at 6:25 pm

I know it’s my fault, I just didn’t broadcast it enough, they clearly need reminding every year, silly me to think they would remember 🤣

• Insignia16050911 5th April 2021 at 1:31 pm

Aw, I can imagine how you feel ….. hope you had a few glasses to celebrate !

• Deleted User 5th April 2021 at 1:41 pm

Happy belated birthday I could imagine how you feel I had to spend my 60th birthday all on my own and yes not many people had remembered that too but then I wasn’t on this site at the time

• Carolyn Savery 5th April 2021 at 2:08 pm

I’m sorry you were hurt by their neglectfulness, I’ve experienced this myself and I don’t have the answer.
      All I can say is that you’re obvious not the only one!
      Take care of yourself, treat yourself and don’t feel guilty whatever that treat is💜

• Raine24 6th April 2021 at 6:36 pm

Thank you for your message, it’s such a shame that so many people don’t have their birthdays acknowledged by their loved ones.

• petegeoff 6th April 2021 at 12:09 pm

Happy birthday to you.

• Deleted User 6th April 2021 at 4:12 pm

Happy belated birthday, try not to let what others do upset you, treat yourself and do what you want for the day.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 6th April 2021 at 4:20 pm

A happy, albeit late ‘Happy Birthday’ Raine – I am so disappointed for you, what a let down !. I’m sure you will have your revenge on hubby ,lol – a ‘Blue Peter’ moment ; why not make him a cardboard Boomerang and say ‘ there you are sweetheart , happy birthday, have many happy returns’ …. just a thought , Anyway, you will always get all the support you need from the lovely people on here, have a fab evening .

• Raine24 6th April 2021 at 6:42 pm

Hi Stevie, I love your idea, that really made me laugh, his birthday is next month and I wasn’t going to bother getting him anything, but I think I need to start saving up some cardboard 😃

• Roger F 11th April 2021 at 7:00 am

Happy birthday for 5 days ago !

• Sshh1970 11th April 2021 at 8:30 am

Happy belated birthday Raine. None of the above is acceptable, especially your husband and mum not getting you anything. They both have some serious grovelling to do ❤️

• Raine24 11th April 2021 at 10:33 am

Thank you, my mum I can understand, she is in the early stages of dementia, and has been shielding all year, but my husband does have some serious travelling to do.

• Deleted User 11th April 2021 at 9:00 am

What a miserable bunch!

Go on strike, have a lie in bed and buy yourself a takeaway:)

• Deleted User 11th April 2021 at 11:18 am

Many happy returns for yesterday 🥳 Janet

• Summerhouse 21 12th April 2021 at 10:08 am

I find men don’t really ‘do’ birthdays, unless its their’s. My Sons need reminding of birthdays, and unless I give my husband exact instructions on what I’d like, he doesnt usually bother. If I were you I’d ‘forget’ their birthdays, so they get the message. As women, we tend to do all the Caring, so people assume that we don’t need Caring ourselves. Belated Happy Birthday.

• Deleted User 13th April 2021 at 2:21 pm

In general, you’re probably right. However, even those of us who don’t should make a tiny bit of effort. I wouldn’t dream of not doing anything for my wife or getting her anything, as I know how hurt she would be. It’s only once a year after all.

• Deleted User 13th April 2021 at 2:13 pm

Hubby certainly needs to up his game! I hope some of them later remembered and felt guilty 🤨

• Deleted User 13th April 2021 at 2:18 pm

Sorry to say when it was my 60th birthday, my husband didn’t get me a thing, he was 60 before me and I planned things he loved all year so know how you feel. But happy birthday 🎂 for yesterday.

• Deleted User 13th April 2021 at 2:23 pm

No excuse for that. It’s both sad and disrespectful.

• Mom_Wife_Me 21st June 2021 at 11:15 am

Hi Raine24:
      This did make me smile & I totally can relate to this post …. don’t worry if it’s any comfort at all you are not alone…. anytime you are feeling like this give me a shout & we can compare notes 🤣😂
      Hope you are felling a little less invisible now x

• Arthur Chappell 21st June 2021 at 11:31 am

So sorry so many forgot your birthday – easier to miss online but your husband frankly has no excuse. Don’t forget to celebrate all 364 of your unbirthdays though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdsZT7WKjW8

• Deleted User 21st June 2021 at 12:37 pm

Hi Raine ..hopefully you’ve had a good day in reading all the lovely positive messages here…happy belated birthday 🎂

• Deleted User 21st June 2021 at 1:10 pm

Hubby belated birthday. I know how you feel.

My husband didn’t forget, just decided to walk out on me two days before. So I spent my day on my own without my kids. Made my own cake 🎂 had champagne for myself. And even a takeaway.
      Yes I a few tearful moments, because that was the year my mum passed away. And I missed her so much.

I know I’m not going to be on my own Christmas. No way. Even if I have to be with complete strangers I not have Christmas alone 😞

• Colin in Kent 22nd June 2021 at 11:08 am

That’s shocking Alive, what a lousy thing to do. But it sounds like you managed to make the day your own, and good to hear you’re making plans for Christmas. You’re such a strong person.

• Mark145 21st June 2021 at 1:24 pm

Happy belated birthday 🥳

• TmonT 21st June 2021 at 1:33 pm

Happy birthday but it’s a wake up call Get yourself out there make sure everyone knows who are an what your about Make people need you they won’t forget next year ❤️

• redman 22nd June 2021 at 10:24 am

Happy belated birthday

Add