Home Forums General Name a famous person you would like to have dinner...

Mo001 Posted 2 months ago
Name a famous person you would like to have dinner with and the reason why? (It doesn’t have to be someone you fancy)

So I would choose The Queen as there has been so many stories about royalty lately. I would love to hear the Queens version of events and a bonus would be an amazing tasting dinner 😊

8 likes & 105 replies
    • NeilB 8th December 2021 at 11:43 am

Joanna Lumley as she’s led an interesting life and travelled a lot, comes across as a really pleasant person and isn’t afraid to laugh at herself – not what you expect from most celebs.
      Oh, and she does scrub up well.

• reliquit 8th December 2021 at 5:16 pm

Elvis – just to hear him say “Thank you very much” 😀

• catyapg 11th December 2021 at 8:16 am

Definitely got to be Ricky Gervais, he’s funny intelligent and loves animals, he’s got it all! 🙂

• Fuff 11th December 2021 at 8:22 am

Got to be Paul O’Grady cause he would have such stories to tell, and he is just so funny

• Caro 11th December 2021 at 8:33 am

Hannah Hauxwell, to find out how she managed so many severe winters alone on her farm in the Yorkshire Dales with no electricity or running water.

• Deleted User 11th December 2021 at 8:58 am

It’s hard to choose just one, but I think either Rob Bell or Simon Reeve, as I love both of their programmes

• Vixster 11th December 2021 at 9:37 am

It would have to be Keanu Reeves for me, a really interesting guy!

• HevF 11th December 2021 at 10:12 am

Michael Buble for the musical entertainment, Graham Norton for the celebrity stories and David Tennant to talk Timey Wimey stuff with!

• BridJames 11th December 2021 at 11:02 am

I’d like to have dinner with Mary Shelley so I could tell her how people are being kept alive by receiving parts from other bodies and see how she reacts.

• Forestbather 16th January 2022 at 1:55 pm

@BridJames that is a fabulous answer.

• BridJames 16th January 2022 at 2:12 pm

thanks, Forestbather, an interesting and intriguing name you have by the way.

• Forestbather 16th January 2022 at 2:35 pm

@BridJames – I often wonder how my great-grandparents would feel about how we live today – cars, central heating, indoor toilets, mobile phones, the internet, medicine, science, climate change, the fight against racism, gender discrimination ….. The idea of being able to discuss medical science with someone like Mary Shelley would be incredible.

Forestbathing is the name given to enjoying being at one with nature amongst trees. Ignore your phone. Breathe deeply. Notice the patterns of the branches and the sunlight and just exist. Forget work and traffic and bills and worries about pensions and stuff you cannot really control. Just be.

• BridJames 16th January 2022 at 4:52 pm

sounds blissful, which is the nearest forest to where you live?

• Chris63 11th December 2021 at 11:22 am

I would love to have dinner with Lewis Hamilton his mental strength fascinates me I would love to know how he copes with all the pressure

• madeleine45 11th December 2021 at 12:29 pm

I would love to have dinner with Billie Connolly. Have enjoyed watching him and listening to him for many years. When I feel down he lifts my spirits and wish he could be on prescription as a cheering presence.

• Shirlann 11th December 2021 at 12:42 pm

Dec or ant 😁

• Josie The Black Country Wench 11th December 2021 at 1:00 pm

I would like to have dinner with the The Grim Reaper (aka death). A) I don’t think he would eat very much. (B) I would like to know how he chooses who to take and when. and (C) Does he look like Brad Pitt in Meet Joe Black

• Reenie 11th December 2021 at 2:13 pm

I would choose Captain Robert Scott. I am sure the conversation would be a downer, I want to know what went wrong, on the way to the South Pole. What I really want to know how much was technical mistake and how much hubris. I am currently reading “The worst journey in the world”. By Apsley Cherry Gerard. People don’t write like this anymore.

• VickiLynne 11th December 2021 at 4:50 pm

I would choose Freddie Mercury to have dinner with – so talented and taken far too soon.

• Mankind 11th December 2021 at 5:26 pm

Donner with some one famous
      Meat loaf the singer

• Lindyloo28 11th December 2021 at 9:08 pm

Robert Redford as he always comes across interesting when interviewed.

• heidi_b 12th December 2021 at 8:48 am

For me it’s Boy George. Always been a fan and think he will have a strong opinion about everything I love listening to his voice even when he is just talking.
      I would have said the Queen too, but you got her first.

• Solstice 9th January 2022 at 10:12 am

In the words of the late, great Peter Ustinov.
      (From “An Audience With Peter Ustinov”)
      Peter was asked “If you could have dinner with any great figure, who would you choose?”

Peter Responded “I think I would like to have dinner with Mother Theresa of Calcutta”

His interviewer said “Is that because of her phenomenal, selfless dedication to humanity? Her humility as a great figurehead of salvation?”

Peter replied “No. I just surmise she wouldn’t eat very much!”

• Flufff 9th January 2022 at 11:59 am

Fame does not really impress me, personally. Someone who id interesting, witty, fun & had similar taste, I suppose. 🙂

• Solstice 9th January 2022 at 12:43 pm

I actually had dinner with Nicholas Parsons! in Corfu!
      Quite by accident, but still.

• alanski 16th January 2022 at 8:40 am

Jesus Christ. I would want to know the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

• Neil Hrd 16th January 2022 at 9:00 am

Greta Thunberg, Malala Yousefzai or Joshua Wong; three young people who seem to encapsulate the fundamental issues facing us in the future. I am not sure I totally agree with any of them but I would to explore the issues in depth.

• The Happy Camper 16th January 2022 at 12:27 pm

There are many famous celebrities to choose from. I’m currently reading Bruce Springsteen’s autobiography, Born to Run. Such a detailed account of his life. The struggle, the travelling across the States to follow his dreams. I’m finding it so fascinating. The journey to find and attain success is so much more inspiring and undoubtedly a more interesting story to read than hearing about the trappings of success. I think it’s the struggle that we can all relate to that makes it resonate for me.

So, to answer your question, right now my choice would be ‘The Boss’. A fabulous story and I’m not even halfway through.

• Mo001 16th January 2022 at 9:18 pm

Your answer reminds me of what my mum would often say, “nobody is born with grey hair, everyone has a unique and interesting story to tell” 😊. Just like you I think peoples journeys are fascinating to listen too.

• The Happy Camper 16th January 2022 at 10:07 pm

Reminds me of John Sullivan’s Only Fools and Horses. When the Trotters becomes incredibly wealthy and Del Boy says ruefully ‘It’s not what I thought it’d be like’, as he casts his mind back to all the fun and games of chasing the next pound.
          Such brilliant writing. So very true and maybe a lesson to us all, to enjoy our own journeys.😉👍

• Mo001 16th January 2022 at 10:19 pm

100 percent agree with you H.C. 😊

• Forestbather 16th January 2022 at 1:59 pm

Catherine of Aragon. What a woman.

Or Mary Queen of Scots – to ask her about her regrets.

• Woodcrafter-Keith 16th January 2022 at 2:58 pm

A lot of really good answers here , for me it would of been Nelson Mandela, my brother was lucky enough to spend 2 hours with him walking arm I’m arm and then sat on a bench in the gardens of no 10 when Tony Blair was prime minister my brother worked in the cabinet office at the time in no 10 and he was asked to look after him whilst Tony was on a phone call.

• HH 2021 16th January 2022 at 9:23 pm

Hugh Jackman. I’d just stare at his lovely face and literally wouldn’t be able to eat a thing! 🤩😘 just cos I love him and want to run away to Australia with him ( I’m not quite sure he feels the same way!) 🤣🤣

• Tambos57 16th January 2022 at 9:23 pm

God

5 questions I’d ask him

Who/what are you
      Did you really create the universe
      What do you think of the job youve done
      Why so much suffering and greed
      Is there life after death

• madeleine45 16th January 2022 at 10:51 pm

Todays choice would be Peter Ustinov, a man of many parts and great raconteur, so you would feel you were with several different people , not just one. The music would be portuguese fado sung by Maria Amelia Rodriguez and we could listen to that and sing and fish and Peter would be able to be a person from many countries so we could change language and mentally move ourselves round the world.

• madeleine45 18th January 2022 at 8:28 am

todays guest I would choose would be Alan Bennett. Have enjoyed so much of his work and as a yorkshire man if I read his books I can hear the nuances of speech. Loved his Talking Heads , the first time they did them on tv with thora Hird, and Patricia routledge and he was the man on the bus. They were really enjoyable. Much to enjoy and it would be good to talk about yorkshire things with him.

• Shirlann 11th December 2021 at 12:37 pm

Would like to ask him how he can lie so much about the deadly virus while him and his cronies are still coming and going at will😏

Add