Home Forums Local Groups England Berkshire My name is Angela, I took early retirement last ye...

• My name is Angela, I took early retirement last year in order to travel more, picked the wrong year to do that. I love animals and have a dog so enjoy walking. I love to travel and explore other countries

Posted by Angieb4579
    • Reply by Beanoak

I also took early retirement with plans to travel. I wasn’t planning on being quite this retired! Though I do have loads of household and diy jobs stacked up from when work left me insufficient time to do things properly, so there’s not much risk of me relaxing 😊. What are you doing to keep busy Angela?

• Reply by Angieb4579

I agree, I wasn’t expecting to be this retired either. I did do some decorating during the first lockdown and gardening, but the thing that has kept me sane (apart from my dog) is my exercise classes. I used to go to a couple of classes before the lockdown last March. The women who run them do them on zoom now so I can join in every day rather than just a couple of times a week. That has improved my fitness levels

• Reply by 92smoothy

Hi Angela, I’m Tony based in Newbury, love to travel and walk

• Reply by Angieb4579

Me too, I miss travelling, but hopefully now things are stating to get back to some sort of normality that will be on the cards again

• Reply by 92smoothy

I do hope so, where will your first destination be?

• Reply by Angieb4579

I was supposed to be going to Amsterdam in April, and Croatia in May 2020, both got moved to 2021, Amsterdam has now been moved to April 2022, still waiting to see what’s happening with Croatia as it is late May after Boris’s announcement on 17th May so the travel agent has said they are working on rescheduling holidays up to May 17th and once that’s done they will look at any after that date. What about you, where will your first destination be?

Add