Home Forums Food & Drink My husband has recently got into breadmaking, sour...

Galadriel Posted 1 year ago
My husband has recently got into breadmaking, sourdough latest favourite. Next Kitchenaid mixer on the to get list, this is getting expensive!
2 likes & 8 replies
    • Stuart6069 23rd February 2021 at 2:47 pm

I use to make my own Granery Bread But have not been one of my hobbies fore the past 18month now at least and I two mixers at the back of my cupboard which would like a new home I am in Exmouth Devon

• Relaxation 23rd February 2021 at 2:50 pm

Yes but its saves such a lot of money buying bread

• Active 1 23rd February 2021 at 6:00 pm

I

I have a Kenwood K mixer which is fantastic a bit cheaper than a Kitchenaid .It has a large

stainless steel bowl great for bread making. Kitchenaid Is a great mixer, very trendy but it Is a little bit style over substance and you are paying for the name.

• Kathscot 24th February 2021 at 10:38 am

I bought an old Kenwood Chef on eBay for £20 I have tried different types of mixers but you can’t beat an old Kenwood Chef in my opinion

• Galadriel 24th February 2021 at 1:47 pm

I had a kenwood chef, old and heavy brilliant old machine I totally agree with you.
      Mine has evaporated! Goodness knows where

• Pete Smith 25th February 2021 at 11:14 am

Sourdough has been a new hobby in lockdown for me too! The great thing about it is that it doesn’t need much mixing, so you don’t need a mechanical mixer. I also think the manual kneeding of dough is quite relaxing – so I don’t want to give that up to a mixer at the moment!

• Galadriel 25th February 2021 at 12:26 pm

Totally agree. Kneading the dough for ordinary bread is what he wants a mixer for, old hands!

Add