Home Forums General My fuel gauge is on 3/4 and I ain’t filled up in...

Dave the poet 1970 Posted 8 months ago
My fuel gauge is on 3/4 and I ain’t filled up in nearly 3 weeks I won’t be buying petrol I’m leaving it for the people that really need it I’d rather take my car off the road until the insanity is over
18 likes & 13 replies
    • Paul095 27th September 2021 at 6:46 pm

I’ll do the same when l get home, isn’t it interesting that there’s panic buying at £1.30 odd a litre it’s like someone planned it 😳

• Deleted User 27th September 2021 at 7:00 pm

I’m with you guys, it wasn’t until I saw posts here – keyworkers etc, it never occurred to me, I walk to work and don’t need the car at the moment, I’ll stay away from the pumps until the manic buying is over.

• Paul095 27th September 2021 at 7:02 pm

I’d love to stay away but work sends me all over the place at the moment

• loislane 27th September 2021 at 7:24 pm

My car is used for essential trips as in doctor, dentist, shopping as no transport where I live, I will be getting some where I live but not through panic but neccessity, I have an autistic son to care for and all my services are miles away.

• Maddy W 28th September 2021 at 1:10 pm

👍👍👍

• Alexandra 2013 28th September 2021 at 5:48 pm

I’m the same but my daughter works at the hospital (10 miles each way) she has no diesel can’t get any so I’m taking and picking up also my grandson to college (15 miles each way) when his bus doesn’t turn up. So I’m gonna be empty pretty soon. I’m going to Wales on 9th (250 miles) so need a tank full then 😳

• Caroline of Smoggy land 28th September 2021 at 7:28 pm

It seems like panic buying is all everyone has done for the past 1.5 years. Toilet paper, pasta, hand gel, soap and now petrol. You are quite right fuel should be saved for the emergency services, I hope those who filled up their tanks and cans – never find themselves needing the emergency services. If they do and the emergency services can’t respond due to lack of petrol, then they have no one to blame – but themselves.

It reminds me of before they discovered oil in the North Sea and they used to be petrol strikes, everyone would be queuing up at petrol forecourts, then.

• Purple boots 29th September 2021 at 7:20 am

I am one of the lucky ones as I dont drive. I either walk to where I’m going or if it’s too far I plan my journey around public transport, which is free now I’m over 60. I have been using a shopping trolley for years now when I need to get a large quantity of shopping.

• hell.fenn 29th September 2021 at 7:16 pm

I wonder if it was staged so we forget the utility price hike hmmmmm

Add