Home Forums General Most embarrassing moments

Deleted User Posted 9 months ago
Most embarrassing moments

When living in London I used to take the tube to work every day, on this specific day as usual there were no seats to sit, sometimes I wondered why put seats in those things to begin with anyways I digress… Normally I don’t notice anything around on my trips simple because my brain shuts off early in the morning has to re-boot a couple of times before things come into perspective. This day I notice a very attractive woman looking at me a lot, what looked liked checking me out kinda look up and down made me feel oh yes me handsome so I made that eye contact and smiled and she returned a giggle, so I thought yeah that cool. So anyways she gets up to get off the next stop and comes over to me and asks “Are you single?” of course my chin drops to the floor here is this gorgeous woman asking me if I am single, the only word I could come up with was “Yes” she smiled and said “I figured as much” and pointed down at my shoes. I looked down and I swear I had a heart attack in the moment!, she giggled and said “I just wanted you to know”. I was frozen in disbelieve as I looked down at my shoes I saw something that no man or person should ever experience in any life time!
There sticking out from my left leg was a pair of my under pants I had dragged my shorts half way across London sticking out my pants leg, somehow I must have forgotten or gotten my shorts stuck in my pants leg which eventually ended up being dragged around London. Now that was embarrassing.

Cheers
David
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.

12 likes & 117 replies
    • Shirlann 1st May 2021 at 2:26 pm

When younger about 10 went into school swimming pool and must’ve not raised hair properly and it bubbled up also went to school with no knickers on but luckily was only five minutes away from home so ran back and put some on😏🙄

• Carol.L 1st May 2021 at 7:46 pm

I was about 13 and at a dance at the youth club feeling so grown up wearing my new nylon stockings in American Tan ( if you’re my age you’ll know!😉), when to my horror in the middle of a Hippy Hippy Shake my suspender belt came loose and left me with stockings and undies round my ankles! 😊😊😊

• CraftyQuilter 2nd May 2021 at 7:07 am

Ok here we go…..setting the scene…..Blackpool in the 80’s On holiday with boyfriend.

Boyfriend saw a tram pulling in at a tram stop, so we ran and jumped on. He got on ok, but the doors slammed shut on me. I was left on the outside with my foot trapped in the door! The tram started moving. Luckily there were two handles on the door which I grabbed on to. I was know bouncing along on one foot, clinging on to the side of the chuffing tram like spider woman! It was picking up speed. I looked up and could see people staring out at me in horror! Eventually boyfriend got the tram driver to stop. The door opened and I was released. Boyfriend said “are you getting on then”……you can imagine the reaction to that one.

What seemed like the whole of Blackpool was now looking at me! I limped back to our flat with a bruised foot. Boyfriend decides to tell me he jumped in the EXIT door, and people probably thought we were trying to avoid paying our fare, or worse I was some kind of demented stalker and he was trying to get away from me!!!!

Anyway I survived the experience with just a bruised ego, but I’ve never been to Blackpool since

• Deleted User 2nd May 2021 at 10:02 am

That sounds a lot like putting your foot in it lol, I know at the time probably not funny but now sorry chuckled like a hyena, for a moment I pictured the event still chuckling.

Cheers

David

And the they said unto David, “come forth and receive eternal life.”

But David came fifth and I won a toaster.

• spooky 6th May 2021 at 11:19 pm

LMAO ! sounds like an episode from Mr . Bean !

• Deleted User 2nd May 2021 at 7:59 am

Oh my god!

• Deleted User 2nd May 2021 at 8:49 am

Thank you everyone for sharing your misfortunes and allowing us to laugh at them. Has cheered me up!

• Jeanius 6th May 2021 at 7:11 pm

Sooo funny 😆

• AngieHastings.157 6th May 2021 at 7:24 pm

😆😆😆😆😆

• sandracr 6th May 2021 at 7:34 pm

so funny but very embarrassing David, I Bet you check your legs every time now lol.

• Deleted User 6th May 2021 at 7:51 pm

I definitely check my pants before they go on just incase 😎 there might be a gift at the end.

Cheers
        David
        Cleaning mirrors is a job I could really see myself doing.

• Sandyg 7th May 2021 at 11:38 am

you must be American,calling trousers Pants!

• Deleted User 13th May 2021 at 6:28 am

Well not American actually was born in Essex, went to Canada in 1982 stayed there for 34 years. Picked up the lingo so now with a mixture of accents 😂🤣

Cheers
          David
          I got a new pair of gloves today, but they’re both ‘lefts’ which, on the one hand, is great, but on the other, it’s just not right.

• Stephen32 6th May 2021 at 8:07 pm

Mine was at Work we were in a meeting where the whole office was there. There was not enough chairs so people were standing around the room. I was standing next to a radiator, unfortunately the hem of my trousers had frayed and caught on radiator and when the meeting had ended i started to walk to door and you guessed it tore all the way up my trousers. I desperately tried to hide my embarrassment and ran out the room

• sandracr 6th May 2021 at 8:15 pm

one night I went to a posh do, you know the kind long dress, posh hair do and sparkly shoes. I was on the dance floor thinking I was so sophisticated and the best dancer on the floor. went to walk off and tripped over my underskirt. fell in to the arms of a man who was very shocked. The elastic had broken and was around my ankles. I said sorry picked up my underskirt and ran to the toilet hearing giggles behind me. I was sooo embarrassed I did’nt want to come out. Funny now but not when I was 17. lol.

• Deleted User 6th May 2021 at 8:22 pm

I always get asked by the younger generation “What is the one piece of advice can you give us”

My answer is always the same..

“After 50 never trust a fart!”

Cheers
      David
      I’m anti-work but pro-paycheck so you see my dilemma.

• MontyCarlo 6th May 2021 at 8:26 pm

I’ve had so many! From being in the right seat, but wrong screen in the cinema to sitting at the wrong table at a restaurant after coming back from the loo’s!
      The one I remember most unfortunately is probably not for detailing on here as it involves a past girlfriend and I in an amorous embrace whilst on holiday in a quiet secluded spot, only to look up and see 2 fishermen rowing silently by! 😳

• Bungalow Betty 6th May 2021 at 8:31 pm

A friend of mine did the same when we were students.
      ‘What’s that poking out of your jeans?’ said another friend as we queued in the canteen, as she reached down and pulled out yesterday’s knickers from my friend’s jeans cuff. Bit like pulling a rabbit out of a hat – but more embarrassing.

• Deleted User 6th May 2021 at 9:54 pm

A few years back I was using my local hotel gym. Ladies and gents changing rooms next to each other. I’d been going for a few weeks then one day I went, got changed, clothes in the locker (empty changing room) went and had my workout. Went to get changed and opened the changing room door to see a woman look at me horrified then a few shouts from behind her saying I was in the wrong changing room.
      The gym had swapped changing rooms around while repairs were taking place and I’d missed the notice.
      I had to sheepishly ask reception to recover my clothes out of the locker in the ladies changing room:)

• spooky 6th May 2021 at 10:48 pm

I have two most embarrassing experiences but i will only start with the most recent one that happen quite a few years back – i was rushing to work because i was quite late and had yet to change into my uniform which was on me in a plastic carrier bag but on my way i popped into the main post office in Harrow to pay off a few bills and then for quickness jumped on to a bus to get to work a bit quicker – it`s only when i got off the bus i realised i did not have my uniform with me – i had left it at the post office so i had to run back to retrieve it – as i turned the corner to the p.o i noticed a large group of people standing outside – you guessed it my bag was found and staff thought it was a bomb ! i walked up to the post office to have a closer look and could see a policewomen though the window pulling out my uniform very carefully so i went in very red faced apologised and asked to have my uniform back and also do you have a back door so i don`t have to face the crowd outside who were looking at me as if they wanted t murder me !

• Keith D 6th May 2021 at 11:29 pm

I have had some many embarrassing moments, but I remove being in a,church choir, when we all sang the 2rd verse of a Christmas Carol before the 2nd. Our faces wre bright red
      After the service someone said, I got lost as I was singing a different verse to the choir after the 1st
      I just turned away

Another was on my first day working as Santa , a,little boy was playing with the baubles,
      i simply said oh !!
      hes, playing with Santas balls!!
      The selfish snowflake father reported me to head office.

I hoped he didnt get any presents that year ?? As I put him on my naughty list

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 6th May 2021 at 11:35 pm

Oh my goodness, that’s so funny. I wondered where it was going at first and then thought odd shoes, but underpants in trouser leg tops it. Brilliant. Thank you for sharing and making us smile 😊 x

• Mitzi 7th May 2021 at 8:55 am

My most embarrassing moment, we were at the end of a cycling holiday, it was time to head to the train station and we were on the beach at Scarborough.There was a slope which would take us off the beach so I started to pick up speed so the momentum would get me up the slope.Suddenly the sand changed from firm to dry .I sailed over the handlebars into a families picnic! the family were so lovely asking me if I was O.K. I had just annihilated there afternoon picnic! and they where still being kind!I got out as quickly as I could without checking for injuries.As I tried to leave the train at York with my bike on my shoulder my knee just gave way leaving yet another crumpled me on the platform.

• c.l.saunders 7th May 2021 at 9:25 am

Nice one, thank you for that.

• Daisyroots 7th May 2021 at 9:54 am

This one is a nod back to dads. My dad was my hero and I believed everything he told me…….

A few years back my sister and I popped into a bakery to buy some cakes. I asked the lady serving if I could have a sticky willy; she looked at me very fiercely and said nothing. I continued on my request for a sticky willy…..pointing to the required cake (my sister, who is older and wiser, was busy suppressing her laughter); the lady finally clicked and said oh you mean an iced bun!
      I had reached my 40’s and genuinely thought those cakes were called sticky Willie’s!!
      Now when I recall something my dad told me I always have a question mark over the info!! 😂

• Deleted User 7th May 2021 at 10:35 am

Ouch! But thank you for sharing

• Sandyg 7th May 2021 at 11:21 am

that is so funny !

• Sandyg 7th May 2021 at 11:46 am

When you are a new recruit on The Navy (WRNS. in my day) they delight in sending you to the stores to ask for skyhooks…I still remember them saying ” you haven’t fallen for that one as well ?”…must have long ceased to be funny for the stores clerks..

• Deleted User 7th May 2021 at 1:31 pm

I was in Tesco one day with my then-boyfriend – this was about 12 years ago – and feeling particularly happy I decided to lift my feet off the floor while leaning on the trolley, and ‘scoot’ along the aisle. But the trolley was empty and the handle end came crashing down, taking me with it. I didn’t even have time (or intelligence) to let go, so I fell flat on my front, my hands still trapped under the handle, legs akimbo, and very bruised boobs (which did, fortunately, prevent me from breaking my nose!) Damn boyfriend stood peeing himself with laughter and wouldn’t even help me up. The shop, incidentally, was packed!

• Edd King 7th May 2021 at 2:29 pm

I was once tasked to fly to RAF ………… in Germany to collect a VIP civilian. When we landed, the VIP was driven to the ‘plane by the Station Commander [so he was a VERY VIP] and the passenger approached my navigator and got talking to him … and I interjected to say that the poor Navs did all the hard work and the pilots got all the glory … that was when the station photographer snapped the little group. Anyway, we flew to London. A few weeks later my boss called me in to his office and handed me an A4 sized envelope. I ripped it open and it was a photograph of my little group … the VIP was none other than Group Captain The Lord Leonard Cheshire, VC … one of the most famous pilots in the RAF, a 2nd WW ace! Now before I open my mouth, I always like to know whom I am about to address! Edd King. PS I still have the photo, and I also read his life story … Had i known who he was, I would have invited him to fly the ‘plane!

• Mysticmo 7th May 2021 at 6:55 pm

Mine was back in the 80’s when I used to go to a singles club every Wed. I had recently been dumped by my fella and knew he would be there with his latest girl.
      I love to jive and was never short of some guy asking me to jive , I was pretty good and loved it.
      So I thought I’d show him and found some skin tight trousers and boob tube to knock his eyes out with.
      Still with me or are you already ahead of me !!

Anyway what come on but JiveBunny ! ( memories anyone ?) This guy asked me to jive and he is a dam good jiver. No one else on the floor and was in full swing and could see my ex out of the corner of my eye watching.
      I was really enjoying myself and the fella with me grabbed me close and wrapped his arms round me tight !
      I said ” woha this is a jive not a smooch “
      He said I know but your boob tube is round your waist and I was trying to cover
      your blushes !
      OMG!
      It must have worked because I was soon back with the ex.

• deb.boz 7th May 2021 at 7:49 pm

That’s hysterical 😂

• deb.boz 7th May 2021 at 8:26 pm

My embarrassment was being rescued by a lifesaver in the 70’s. It was Durban South Africa and the waves were enormous. I got caught in a rip tide and I honestly thought I was going to drown. Thank goodness I was seen because next minute this lifesaver was pulling me out of the water.
      Instead of being grateful I was so embarrassed because my bikini top was somewhere in the sea, definitely not on me cringe 😬

• Malc 9th May 2021 at 3:29 pm

Visiting a newly opened veggie restaurant in Totnes, the ‘alternative’ lifestyle capital of the UK, full of hippie-type clientele. The atmosphere was contagious and redolent (not only with garlic) and I flolloped along to the counter getting right into the vibe to place the order. We were only there for coffee, being virgin veggies, so I didn’t think that could possibly offend anyone. Placed the order and handed over the money, with loosely flolloping fingers – and dropped the lot into the middle of a thickly cream-adorned cake, where it sank in a series of scattered ‘plops’. Throwing me a tight little smile, the assistant whipped the cake away for a quick shave and a practised lathering of another top layer. Bringing it back resplendant, together with my change, she started to hand it over, then changed her mind and with a knowing smile, put it instead into a heavy glass ashtray on the shelf overhanging the display of cakes. But I was so into the vibe by now my fingers must have belonged to someone else because when I reached out to claim it, I nudged the dish containing the cash off the shelf, where it plunged into that same cake, exploding cream in all directions! When I eventually got my change, I put it in the Ethiopean Famine relief box. I thought it best.

• Deleted User 13th May 2021 at 9:07 am

Thank you all again for sharing, so funny.

Add