Home Forums Book Club Morning I’m a newbie hope your all safe and well

Lulabell 3 weeks ago Book Club
Morning I’m a newbie hope your all safe and well

I’ve picked book club has love to read is there a book your all reading at the moment

Attachments:
9 likes & 8 replies Share
    • Brummie Boy 15th September 2021 at 11:04 pm

Hi Lulabell, welcome to the gang, hope you’re OK and your day went well👋

• Louise F 16th September 2021 at 7:23 am

Welcome Lulabell, lovely to meet you! I’m between books currently, but love a good Fantasy, Horror, Crime Story and even the occasional Classic! How about you?

• Chojo 16th September 2021 at 9:05 am

Hello and welcome! I’ve found myself reading a lot of self help books recently I’m not really a fiction reader.

• JMH 16th September 2021 at 10:57 am

Shuggie Bain for our next book club meeting next Friday morning; we just finished 84 Charing Cross Road for our Film/Book group and now going forward with Anne Bancroft to The Graduate for the latter (cf. Goodbye Columbus) and thinking about Camillieri for the next book club read.

• goldfish63 17th September 2021 at 2:28 pm

Hi Lulabell, just reading The Maidens by Alex Michaelides

• Raven1966 24th September 2021 at 9:06 pm

Welcome! Currently reading – Cat Jarman, River Kings.

• JMH 26th September 2021 at 12:18 pm

Here’s my book club’s list for the next few months – members take it in turns to choose. I’ve already read the Delia Owens title – I really dislike re-reading – but I’m looking forward to the other titles.
      October: Miss Benson’s Beetle Rachel Joyce
      November: The Shape of Water Andrea Camilleri
      December: Here We Are Graham Swift
      January: Where The Crawdads Sing Delia Owens
      February: Driving Over Lemons Chris Steward

• Colin in Kent 29th September 2021 at 8:10 am

Hello Lulabell! Welcome to the site, great place to start. Right now I’m reading ‘The Giant Under the Snow’, a 60s children’s book by John Gordon, after which I’m going to tackle ‘Left in the Dark’, a collection of his supernatural tales for adults. Just finished reading ‘Antique Dust’ by Robert Westall (again, better known as a children’s writer), ghost stories inspired by his career as an antiques dealer.

Add