Home Forums Music Missing seeing live music

Deleted User Posted 12 months ago
Missing seeing live music

Had so many gigs booked last year and all cancelled of course (Nick Cave was the biggest blow). Feels a long way off getting back to how things were. I guess it will start outdoors or in large venues. Missing our best local venue, Brudenell Social Club in Headingley. I really feel for the bands and artistes. How are the rest of you muso’s coping without your fix of live music? Streaming ain’t the same for me!

27 likes & 93 replies
    • Heidi 18th March 2021 at 11:02 pm

It seems some festivals are planning to be held this year- I’ve loved Womad over the years but I’m unsure about planning to attend so soon.

• KarenQ66 19th March 2021 at 1:02 am

Hi everyone. Like you I love live music, from local bands in the pubs to big names in the stadiums.
      My first ever gig as a teenager was Adam and the Ants and the last I got to pre covid was Midge Ure at the Albert Hall in Manchester. I’ve now got my fingers crossed that Manchester’s Sounds in the City can go ahead in July for Crowded House. But most importantly I hope that the talented musicians we love to hear are soon able to get back on stage and make a living.

• Filmmaker 19th March 2021 at 8:08 am

I’m definitely missing live music events, I’m hoping that once lockdown is eased we can get back to seeing some, online viewing is a poor substitute

• Mitzi 19th March 2021 at 11:29 am

The Brunenell social club is a cracking venue, I saw Cock Sparrer there along with the bar stool preachers a few years ago, Leeds is generally good for venues, I’m lucky to have rock city here in Nottingham.My last gig was the interrupters a year last February.I also love stiff little fingers, got to hand it to John Peel he made punk accessible.I’m missing jumping up and down in a big crowd, but I still do that on my own.

• Deleted User 19th March 2021 at 8:30 pm

I wonder how many calories I can shift with a bit of a pogo! Alternative Ulster next time I’m out in the garden might just do it…

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 19th March 2021 at 12:57 pm

Just pull up the volume at home after listening to some old stuff on YouTube at Red Rocks
      Mike Jaguar the Rolling Stones and

• Sandyg 19th March 2021 at 2:05 pm

My favourite Music event is a good Pink Floyd Tribute Band,Iv seen loads, and never a bad one, its so exciting when you pop out to a random pub not knowing they have a band on,what a wonderful surprise !
      Now I’m on my own, I’m anxious about going g to pubs alone, though was just getting used to doing so in the ‘Eat out to Help out’ last August.. My compulsion for a bargain overruled my trepidation at Solo- fining !

• Shirley1969 19th March 2021 at 5:47 pm

I miss live music so much. Whether it’s a concert or even just seeing live bands in a pub. You just can’t beat that feeling of everyone experiencing the same enjoyment of seeing a band they love. It’s a natural high and feel good factor. I am hoping to book Paul Weller next.

• Deleted User 19th March 2021 at 8:35 pm

Good shout with Paul Weller. I’ve even gone back to Style Council again after last years reissue. Great vibe for the (impending) great summer we are due!

• Deleted User 19th March 2021 at 8:49 pm

Anyone want to share their best ever gig? Mine was Kraftwerk at Lollapolooza in 2018. The venue was the Olympiastadion Park in Berlin. The weather was a balmy September evening. The crowd was mostly friendly young Germans who seemed impressed that two old gits from England were such big fans they’d travelled over specially to watch some old German gits stand in front of laptops. Awesome stage show in 3D – a spaceship landed on top of the stadium at one point (really, I had not been partaking). You had to be there I guess!

• Mark1961 28th March 2021 at 11:40 pm

always wished i had seen them live.

• Deleted User 2nd April 2021 at 2:47 am

Mine must be The Stereophonics in Cardiff Castle , great band, brilliant setting , my girlfriend at the time had a broken ankle and so was on crutches and some kind steward spotted her queuing and told us to follow him and we got straight in and a great spot at the front. Reading up about the gig later the band had been drinking in Cardiff pubs all day and then just walked up and played.
        Kelly Jones is very talented.

• JaneyC5 2nd April 2021 at 8:34 am

My best has to be Green Day at the cricket club in Manchester 2010. With Frank Turner supporting. Absolutely brilliant.

• Fluff 12th April 2021 at 2:47 pm

Fell asleep when I went to see them!

• Sandyg 19th March 2021 at 10:35 pm

One of my best music memories is of , actually, a Circus, in Cheltenham, the whole music score being written by Rick Wakeman, and it was the opening night.. and to everyone’s absolute shock and delight. Rick himself walked in , and played the keyboards for the entire event, it was incredible .

• Deleted User 20th March 2021 at 8:53 am

Was he wearing a cape? Never saw him live, although I remember going to see Yessongs at the cinema. The only triple vinyl album I still own. 😀

• Blondie 20th March 2021 at 11:58 am

I miss seeing live music so much, my mum started taking me to see live music at the age of 8 so I have seen over 100 ‘famous’ bands & many local bands. I live near Sheffield & we have many local venues capable for big concerts or local bands plus I don’t mind travelling. I have 6 already rescheduled for later this year & next. The biggest disappointment has been the cancellation of Bryan Adams at The Albert Hall, not Bryan Adams as seen him before but of going to the Albert Hall.
      Have seen some amazing gigs over the years & a couple of not so amazing too.

• BettyBoop 28th March 2021 at 8:56 am

I’ve seen Bryan a couple of times at Wembley, great concerts. Phil Collins was brilliant at The Royal Albert great acoustics x

• adeliza0165 20th March 2021 at 12:52 pm

Missing the buzz of live music too – if all goes well & no more lockdown, hoping to see blue Oyster cult later on in the year 🤞

• Deleted User 21st March 2021 at 7:48 pm

BOC is a band I missed seeing unfortunately. They were supporting Brian Wilson a few years back at Leeds Arena and he cancelled the gig due to other commitments. Had booked six tickets and lost a small fortune in booking fees. Bit of deja vu at the moment as all of the gigs I’ve missed and aren’t going ahead, have not refunded booking fees. Greedy ticket sellers – I suspect the artists get very little from them.

• adeliza0165 21st March 2021 at 8:43 pm

You should get your money back for something that never took place. I guess they’re sitting on it to accumulate some interest 🤔

• Fluff 12th April 2021 at 2:51 pm

Got the ‘T’ from the 1st time I saw them/they toured. 🙂

• JAN 65 21st March 2021 at 12:37 pm

So looking forward to live local music

• Globetrotter15 23rd March 2021 at 9:09 pm

Throwing caution to the wind.
      We’ve booked tickets to see Lionel Ritchie on 2nd July in Lytham Saint Annes near Blackpool.
      It’s an open-air concert & we’re also staying overnight in a Hotel.
      Can’t carry on like a hermit forever.
      If you get the opportunity go for it.
      As Richard Brandon says
      Screw it let’s do it.
      If that works for him
      It will work for me.
      Your call?

• JoanSmith 25th March 2021 at 12:24 pm

miss live music, playing and seeing – missed Dr Feelgood weekend at Canvey Island last year, – hoping that Novemeber will go ahead – miss going out gigging as well – fingers crossed for this year

• Mark1961 28th March 2021 at 11:35 pm

Booked to see New Order at the o2 in November cant wait,missed seeing bands live.

• Deleted User 29th March 2021 at 10:27 am

Saw them at Blue Dot Festival a couple of years ago – they were fantastic live. Shame, but some rather badly behaved (older) locals in the crowd wanting to cause trouble which was not in the spirit of the festival!

• Deleted User 2nd April 2021 at 1:41 am

What’s to miss ….

• Deleted User 3rd April 2021 at 10:26 am

Lived on the Island early 2000’s when they resurrected the festival- saw some great bands (including James). Doesn’t seem to be quite as much of a draw for bands up to the pandemic, but so many festivals I guess. Even if only a few get up and running will be fantastic.

• Deleted User 2nd April 2021 at 1:54 am

Jarvis on form

• Deleted User 2nd April 2021 at 1:55 am

All these things ..

• Deleted User 2nd April 2021 at 1:59 am

Hero / Heroes

• Deleted User 2nd April 2021 at 2:02 am

CD player player player ..

• Deleted User 2nd April 2021 at 2:06 am

Spirit of 77

• Deleted User 3rd April 2021 at 10:28 am

The Ramones (& the Clash) were the soundtrack to my well spent youth!

• Deleted User 3rd April 2021 at 10:40 am

Yes mine too I would have loved to have been there on New Years Eve 1977 but I was only 15 sadly. I’ve watched the full show many times on You Tube though , its timeless the sound is brilliant considering it was recorded 43 years ago. That clip sums up the whole mood at the time the crowd loving this new music , seats going onto the stage, one poor photographer catching one on his head at around 1:20 sec point.

• Deleted User 2nd April 2021 at 2:07 am

we probably will

• Deleted User 2nd April 2021 at 2:14 am

And more locally but just as important

• Deleted User 2nd April 2021 at 2:27 am

One of my faves and the hardest working / rocking of the last 40 years ..

• Deleted User 3rd April 2021 at 10:36 am

Great Last of the Summer Wine reference intro – just up the road from me. Only needed three old gits out of control in a bathtub on wheels – come to think of it, sounds like me and my drinking buddies now. Straight outta Holmfirth!

• Fluff 3rd April 2021 at 11:12 am

…and here they are, Phil ! 🙂

• Deleted User 3rd April 2021 at 10:37 pm

Compo, Foggy and Clegg – like a supergroup from God’s own country

• Deleted User 12th April 2021 at 5:50 pm

Nothing can or will make up for live music but I can see with future technology virtual reality having an impact which will enable people to feel there on stage.

Melody VR , now under Napster worth having a nosey. They have a few artists on their books albeit prob more aimed at younger audience right now.

Add