Home Forums General Meet Up in the City of Edinburgh Sat 24th Sept 22....

Mo001 Posted 5 months ago
Meet Up in the City of Edinburgh Sat 24th Sept 22. Hotel option below (Kilt & Bagpipes optional) 🤔🍹🍺🎉xx

Hotel option for meet up:

Premier Inn Hub Edinburgh Haymarket, Torphichen Street, EH3 8JB.

Central Location, perfect for a city meet up

11 likes & 58 replies
    • Chojo 19th February 2022 at 10:12 am

As it’s looking doubtful that I’ll make Barnstaple, if things improve I’d love to try and make this. I’ve been to Edinburgh before and loved it.

• Linpap 19th February 2022 at 10:18 am

Sounds like a great idea Mo and with you as our guide speaking the native lingo sure we’d have a brilliant time pencil me in please x

• Tambos57 19th February 2022 at 10:22 am

I’d be tempted but chances are I may be abroad on those dates.

• Staying Alive 19th February 2022 at 10:58 am

O yes please I love Edinburgh. Got my sister in Glasgow

• Moondaisy 19th February 2022 at 11:00 am

I would of loved to have gone to Barnstaple, but have a wedding on the 30th April. Edinburgh is quite a distance from me, 7/8 hour drive. I’ve been before and loved it too Chojo. I went to the Fringe festival, fabulous!

I could check out flights I suppose.

Never say never.

• Mo001 19th February 2022 at 11:16 am

It would be lovely if you could make it M.D. Let’s wait to hear who else is interested and try and set a date to suit the majority 😊x

• Moondaisy 19th February 2022 at 11:20 am

I just looked at flights….. said from £45…. thought, yay that’s good! Looked at Sat in Sept…. £200…. 😆🤣😂…. they do like to tease! Buggers! For me Mo would have to be a weekend. x

• Mo001 19th February 2022 at 11:26 am

Definitely a w/e, look at early Oct prices for a w/e, to see if there is much difference???

• Always 19th February 2022 at 11:25 am

Pencil me in and I will work out how I’m getting there closer to the time lol x

• Di2 19th February 2022 at 2:38 pm

Yes please Mo, put me down. I’ve never been and would love to explore with the RL crew 🙂

• Blauro 19th February 2022 at 4:05 pm

Could you add me to the list please Mo.
      I’d love to visit Edinburgh 😊

• NeilB 19th February 2022 at 6:50 pm

I could be up for that. Love Edinburgh – great city.
      My daughter used to live in Haymarket (moved to Inverclyde) so went there quite a lot.
      It’s a long way from Hampshire but why not??

• madeleine45 22nd February 2022 at 4:38 pm

have only just joined in restless but would be interested in coming to edinborough , but would need to check a bit nearer the time. How do you get together? do you just make your own arrangements and just meet up at a specific location and time or do you sort of take over a b and b or hotel or something? I have done more sailing up the west coast and went to glasgow to see the great portraits of Billy Connolly on the walls there. I am keen on music and art so would organise it so that I could visit some art galleries as well. Fingers crossed we can all get together ok despite Boorish Boris changing his mind every other day!!

• Mo001 23rd February 2022 at 8:51 am

Hi Madeleine. the date for the meet is Sat 24th Sept. I’ll contact everyone again at the beginning of May to confirm numbers and organise the meet up.

Each person organises their own accommodation and I will book the evening meal, etc.

We’ll all meet up early Sat, enjoy a day in the city, then go for an evening meal and hopefully some entertainment.

For Barnstaple we’re meeting up Friday evening and all day Sat, so again in May, I’ll get an idea if people want to do the same or just leave it to a Sat meet up.

For the Barnstaple meet up in Apr the majority of the guys going are staying in the same hotel.

So that’s what we’ll try and do for Edinburgh, give people the option to stay in the same hotel.

It’s a lovely city to visit and it would be great to meet you 😊

• Staying Alive 22nd February 2022 at 5:00 pm

Hi Mo would really need to book early for lights and hotels.

• Mo001 23rd February 2022 at 8:54 am

Hi S.A., I’ve just posted my thoughts on the meet-up to Madeleine above.

I’m thinking at the beginning of May, after Barnstaple, I’ll contact everyone again and we’ll get confirmed numbers and a hotel that we can all book into, if anyone wants to stay in the same hotel 😊

• Will998 28th February 2022 at 10:37 am

That’s me got my accommodation sorted.
          Premier Inn, Haymarket for 23rd and 24th September.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and I can visit my daughters while I’m there too 😊😊

• Mo001 28th February 2022 at 10:52 am

Perfect Will, it’s a great hotel location, very central for our meet up.

I’ve also booked there 😊
          Premier Inn Hub Edinburgh Haymarket, EH3 8JB

Fri 23rd/Sat 24th Sept.

Looking forward to seeing you there 🎉🍹🍺😊

• Mary A 28th February 2022 at 10:57 am

Hey Will998, can your wee sister come along too or am I banned?? Lol. I might have to keep my eye on you. 🤣🤣🤣
      Going to Edinburgh with a fun crowd sounds awesome and it’s just a hop, skip and jump up the road from Dumfries. (Can I scadge a lift Wull? 🤣🤣)

• Mary A 2nd March 2022 at 8:13 am

Lol, you tell him Mo! 🤣🤣

• Mo001 2nd March 2022 at 8:18 am

5 confirmed their booking so far 😊

• RobertJ 5th May 2022 at 9:26 pm

Hi. I am really up for this. Your North Devon thing looked a lot of fun. Is there anything I should do at this stage? 😁

• Lonelysole 5th May 2022 at 10:26 pm

Can I book me in provisionally see if I can get someone to have Eddie! X

• Will998 6th May 2022 at 12:12 am

Hi Mo001

That’s me booked in 23rd and 24th September

For anyone else looking, details of hotel are at top of this thread… 😊

• Badger56 6th May 2022 at 7:30 am

Hi, new ‘kid’ on the block Andy. Certainly interested in coming to Edinburgh if okay. Not certain I can walk round town all day but would probably go visit my cousin at some point if he’s about.

• Badger56 6th May 2022 at 8:07 am

Sounds good 😁

• Mo001 7th May 2022 at 10:23 am

If anyone would like to join the Edinburgh meet up in Sept, post to this thread and I’ll be in touch with you at the beginning of July.

There are a few already booked into the same Edinburgh hotel (details earlier in the thread). Please book your own accommodation.

Once I know the numbers going, I’ll be able to make bookings 😊

• RobertJ 7th May 2022 at 11:03 am

Yes I’m certainly a strong candidate. I’ve currently got something else as a possibility that weekend but I’m trying to juggle things 🙂

• ShirleyB 7th May 2022 at 11:40 am

Can you put me down as provisional? would love to meet some of you Guys.

• Mo001 28th May 2022 at 6:29 pm

Hi Guys, just an update to say I’ll contact everyone who is interested to join the Edinburgh City meet up at the beginning of Aug, for confirmation, so that bookings for restaurants can be made 🥳🥳🥳

And join the WhatsApp group.

Anyone who is interested and hasn’t posted please let me know and I’ll add you to the list 👍😊

• Lonelysole 30th May 2022 at 8:32 am

Still trying to sort dog lol and logistics how to get there but still interested sounds good xx

• Mo001 30th May 2022 at 8:48 am

Perfect L.S., it’s a beautiful city and it’ll be a lot of fun exploring. With nice food & refreshments along the way 🥳🍹🍺😎

Add