Home Forums General Meditation

N125 Posted 12 months ago
Meditation

Anyone else practice meditation ? I try to for @ 15 – 20 mins a day. Think it helps me anyway.

1 like & 18 replies
    • annie beth 8th February 2021 at 12:13 am

How did you learn it?

• N125 8th February 2021 at 8:38 am

Learnt myself from books really. Would like to have some experienced guidance though sometime. 🙂🧘‍♂️

• lyn 9th February 2021 at 10:40 am

Yes do meditation and now trying mindfulness. It does help doesn’t it.

• Daisyroots 9th February 2021 at 10:45 am

Hi 😊
      I’ve been meditating since my early twenties. I’m happy to give you tips and different ways to try…… perhaps DM me?

• Marica 9th February 2021 at 12:11 pm

I have done meditation on and off for many years but only just go back into trying again . I do some free online zoom classes and also You Tube free ones. But I am finding it harder for some reason to relax into it. I liked the guided meditations but I get the impression from your post that you just sit in silence and I sometimes think that could be more beneficial becoming one with yourself. I have done Mindfulness courses as well . Though often , following a hobby like painting or crafts can me a mediation in themselves, as you are losing yourself in the craft and focusing on the moment .

• Who 9th February 2021 at 9:47 pm

Hello Neale, I think you can learn basics from many sources. I honestly do not think it can ‘taught’ but has to be practiced regularly and with acceptance. It can take many forms in the early period. With practice sometimes in company often alone you will find your way. Good luck. 🙏

• Yellow Socks 10th February 2021 at 7:35 am

Hello I am a Buddhist and I have been a Buddhist monk and lived in a Wat. I originally started my mediation technique in Taiwan then in Thailand. I meditated at 04:00 and at 18:00 beating in mind monks di not eat after 12:00. First thing to do is get your posture correct when sitting. Next completely empty your mind. Next dependant on technique is the breathing. Next focus on a point inside your stomach just above your naval. Next recite silently your mind The Mantra. My normal mediation periods would be about 2 hours. Sitting silently no music no phone no disturbances

I practice now at a temple in West Sussex. Buddhist talk to their Buddha before starting meditation.
      Picture me at the Wat is was living in.

• Grenouille 16th February 2021 at 3:04 pm

I practise every day, I use Headspace and Calm.

• N125 16th February 2021 at 6:29 pm

Have just trialed one called Mind Detox. Seems ok. Its nearly £40 a year so a bit expensive I think although seems quite good. 😊

• TrishM 16th February 2021 at 7:01 pm

Hi Neale, sounds like you are doing well.. I think consistency is the key and you seem to be doing that with 15 – 20 mins a day. I find first thing in the morning or last thing at night works well for me. I love to meditate as part of a group but unfortunately that’s not possible at the moment. Deepak Chopra has lots of videos on you tube which I’ve been enjoying. Please dm me anytime if you need any tips. Tricia

• Hi 17th February 2021 at 2:19 pm

Hi. I’ve taken part in some mindfulness courses online which were very good. I also attend a weekly online yoga class which is great for me. I agree with others that the more you do it the easier it gets.
      I also took up running during the lockdown and find this has a lovely calming effect on me. Didn’t expect that but there you go

• N125 17th February 2021 at 3:13 pm

Always been active but never really settled to just “running”. Run about all day throwing a Rugby ball about though. Running out for good now though with a replacement knee.
      Do find meditation calming though . 🙂🙂

Add