Home Forums Pets & Animals Love the photos of your dog’s! This is my bi...

Figdom Posted 11 months ago
Love the photos of your dog’s! This is my big boy who sadly passed away not so long ago… Have had many dog’s, but this one was something special! We spent hours walking and talking with each other in all weather’s. Now adjusting to walking out alone – it’s certainly different.
25 likes & 22 replies
    • Sandyg 23rd February 2021 at 11:40 am

How I wish I could haveva dog..but my nightshifts are too long, and you can’t hire a dog walker in the middle of the night !
      I used to raise pups for Dogs for the Disabled, and then Fostered Rescue dogs til they got adopted…all kinds, from Chihuahua to Mastiff !!
      I would so like to do that again.

• Lizzib 23rd February 2021 at 12:32 pm

If you’ve got a regular slot when you could walk a dog, could you considered The Cinnamon Trust or Borrow my Doggy. You’d get the pleasure of a dog’s company without the rest of the responsibilities.

• redman 23rd February 2021 at 12:13 pm

he looks lovely so sad

• Lizzib 23rd February 2021 at 12:30 pm

They can never take those memories away. It’s hard when they take a piece of your heart with them.

This is my walking buddy whose nearly 11.

• MrsO 23rd February 2021 at 3:15 pm

So sorry for your loss 🤗🤗🤗 I have a Black Lab ‘over the rainbow bridge’, such a big hole in my heart. There are great Lab re-homing charities when the time is right for you, and when things open up again; Labradors In Need to name just one. xxx

• Nickystar 23rd February 2021 at 6:45 pm

Hi there,
      You have a beautiful boy there and I’m sorry for your loss.
      Yes it’s heart-breaking when they pass away.
      This is Benji my special little boy love him so much. He went everywhere with me. He passed away 3 years ago and I miss him so much.
      They are always special and you have wonderful memories which are great and they are one of the family.

• lindsay 23rd February 2021 at 7:15 pm

Oh the beauty of those eyes. So sorry – you must miss him so much!!

• Island Hopper 23rd February 2021 at 9:13 pm

So sorry to hear of your loss. I am dreading this when our King Charles Cavalier goes – they are certainly lovely and devoted friends

• Figdom 23rd February 2021 at 10:25 pm

Thank you all so much for your responses and heartfelt thoughts everyone – it was so nice to read them. We have so many wonderful memories, much of which involved our conversations. He could be a bit of a handful but never failed to fill my heart with pride and provide me with a sense of never being alone. Take care everyone. Stay safe.

• susan693 23rd February 2021 at 10:49 pm

So sad to hear of everyone’s loss, I didn’t realise until november last year just how much I would miss my lovely retriever Max. He has been my constant, he became unwell took him to the vets they said he had a heart condition and could die at any time…I was heartbroken. Thankfully we got a second opinion and his heart is not as bad as expected, he is on medication, cant walk as far but thankfully still with me 😍

• Figdom 24th February 2021 at 7:45 am

Adorable.

• Susan C 24th February 2021 at 8:56 am

I am so sorry to hear about your beautiful fur baby. I’ve had many rescue dogs and one I still have who is now badly disabled and gets pushed out in a pet buggy (didn’t know they made them until two weeks ago). The two in the photograph I’ve had from pups. I know what you mean about them talking to you. Bramble, the cross Spaniel talks to me all the time and is one of the most loving dogs I’ve ever had. We try not to have favourites but sometimes just one really tugs at the heart strings.

• Susan C 24th February 2021 at 9:00 am

Monty and Bramble who on guard duty

• hell.fenn 24th February 2021 at 10:20 am

Sorry for your loss. I have had dogs all my life and all had characteristics that stick in the memory but I have had 2 who have had more impact. One I have now and the one he replaced both had that sensibility to me and my moods and health. I am a nature lover but dogs are my favourite. They can be taught so many things that help humans. X

• Vervain 26th October 2021 at 7:43 am

So sorry to hear of your loss l know what you mean about one dog being special. I have had many dogs but my current one is the one l too feel the strongest attachment to. I wish they lived longer!

• GinaMc 27th October 2021 at 7:15 pm

My gorgeous boy turned 12 this month. My best friend forever. 🐾

• Always 27th October 2021 at 10:02 pm

Me and my Maxi x

• 1Christy 30th October 2021 at 11:53 pm

A cutie

• Mad Ralph 31st October 2021 at 12:25 am

Spice, who we lost during lockdown. A four legged angel without wings. 😞

Add