Home Forums Loneliness LONELY

Carrick Posted 11 months ago
LONELY

Thinking of relocating to the Macclesfield area but know no one or anything.

3 likes & 13 replies
    • Hutchy 123 11th July 2021 at 11:35 am

Why ?if u lonely now .. it will be even worse believe me .. it takes years to make friends . Oh yes you can become acquainted…. But they “dissolve” over night .. best stay where u are at least u know ur area .. believe me I tried this relocation “thing” doesn’t work .. I know x

• PAM WH 14th July 2021 at 8:05 am

I found the same, I relocated through marriage and several years later I still don’t have any real friends in the area, its difficult to break into groups who have been friends for years. I also work outside of the area where I lived before so all friends are still there but it’s almost 30 miles away.
        It’s not easy. 🙄

• Crabapple 11th July 2021 at 1:15 pm

Yes, do think carefully, it is not easy finding new friends. I moved halfway down the country to be nearer grandchildren and now the parents have split up and I hardly see them. I am very lonely and find it hard to make friends.

• Fluffy 11th July 2021 at 3:57 pm

spent a week in Macclesfield on a work course once , nice place but dull as dishwater

• Chi 11th July 2021 at 5:09 pm

Like many towns that should be nice Macc has fallen way down as a town centre. There are lots of lovely villages nearby though and beautiful countryside on your doorstep. (I don’t live there BTW, just know the area.)

• Gw 11th July 2021 at 4:45 pm

Why Macclesfield?

• Chi 11th July 2021 at 5:07 pm

I think everyone here is asking the same question – why Macclesfield if you don’t know the area? I know it pretty well. As a town, it is a wee bit odd for me even though it should be a beautiful market town. But it is on the edge of the Peaks, so great if you are into that sort of thing? Happy to help if I can but, like the others here, do think long and hard as to why you are doing what you are proposing and what exactly are you looking for?

We don’t need to know the circumstances of your loneliness. There are many folk in the same boat on this forum, most are happy to chat and lend an ear.

• vaughanpauline 11th July 2021 at 5:08 pm

Join Silver Ladies Chatter private Facebook group. We have some members from over that way.

Direct Message me and I will send you a link

• Mickandann1 12th July 2021 at 12:23 pm

Looking at your profile I think that you would make friends very easily but the most important thing to consider is for every genuine friend there will be 10 pretending to be friends but only for self gratification so advice from a very lonely person who lost his wife and soul mate a while ago be careful, I know loneliness is a terrible thing but you still have to keep your dignity, take care
      Regards Mick

• Hutchy 123 19th July 2021 at 9:08 am

It’s all so true the “comments” .. but as I sit here reading them … I wonder why so many of us all want to be or find a friend … what is the matter with us .. why can’t we find what we are looking for … are we “different “ in some way from people who have and are friends … I just wish some one would tell me where I’m going wrong … ….???

• Skunk007 7th August 2021 at 10:44 am

Hi Starfish,
        i would like to know that answer to. I am sick of picking myself apart trying to find out what is wrong with me.

• starfish 20th July 2021 at 7:20 pm

I know exactly what you mean. It seems so hard just to make connections with people.

• CELIA 5th August 2021 at 6:56 pm

If you are lonely now I think you may find it ever worse if you relocate. I struggle because my friends have happy partnerships leaving me to holiday alone after being widowed, but they are still my friends to chat to, have a morning coffee with and have been a great support.

Add