Home Forums Local Groups England London London Group, are anyone actually meeting up or do...

shelbea1909 Posted 7 months ago
London Group, are anyone actually meeting up or does it go no farther then posts?
8 likes & 20 replies
    • FlorenceA 26th June 2021 at 11:37 pm

Very good question. I am actually trying to organise a picnic and walk in Greenwich park, 11th or 25th July. I thought that it would be nice to get a few people together IRL.

• shelbea1909 27th June 2021 at 10:51 am

I think people on here don’t go beyond posts. Waste of time, I’m afraid. If you get some takers for your picnic, I will make an effort to come.

• FlorenceA 27th June 2021 at 11:05 am

Great insight. Thanks. I am more of a doer than a talker but I am new to the group so still learning !!

• FlorenceA 3rd July 2021 at 10:42 pm

Hello. I have had a few positive replies for July 25th so it looks like it’s happening. We can meet outside the Greenwich Tavern, 11.45 to 12pm. Picnic and then a walk. If you are still up for it message me your number. I will set up a WhatsApp group for that day. Would love to meet you.

• Mickey C 1st July 2021 at 6:30 pm

Hi Florence, that sounds great, please count me in if you get it up and running 👍

• FlorenceA 3rd July 2021 at 10:34 pm

It looks like a few people are interested in meeting on Sunday 25 July. We could meet up outside the Greenwich Tavern between 11.45 and 12pm. We can find a nice spot for a picnic and after lunch go for a walk. If you are still interested then message me your number. I will set up a WhatsApp group for this event. No cost involved. Just your transport getting to Greenwich and your meal. I hope that you can make it.

• karsteele 27th June 2021 at 12:39 pm

Maybe if people are interested in perhaps meeting up they should put where they live so people know if it’s possible.

• shelbea1909 27th June 2021 at 1:07 pm

If people want to meet people in real life, then meetup is the way to go.

• Ray 28th June 2021 at 12:08 pm

Yes, I’ve found the same – lots of time wasted. I’m based in Herts on the Essex border but am also often in London. Would like to visit art galleries, museums, etc with likeminded people or even just meet for social walks, coffee and chats.

• AnnaM 6th July 2021 at 5:04 pm

Hi Ray
        I’m in London and if there is a gallery or exhibition you want to see just send me a message and we can arrange it and maybe a cafe afterwards. Would be good to share art experience.

• Petresy 1st September 2021 at 6:58 pm

Just posted an idea for a walk. I agree there seems to be a big leap from posts on here to actual meeting up. Maybe COVID partly to blame but it should be a bit easier now? Anyway happy to discuss ideas and firm something up.

• Mickey C 1st July 2021 at 6:27 pm

Hi Ray, I would be up to meeting up to go to galleries and museums. Love walking too!

• AnnaM 6th July 2021 at 5:05 pm

Hi Mickey
        I’m in London and if there is a gallery or exhibition you want to see just send me a message and we can arrange it and maybe a cafe afterwards. Would be good to share art experience.

• AnnaM 6th July 2021 at 5:06 pm

Sorry Mickey
      I posted too soon and got the name wrong

• Grace Fu 1st August 2021 at 11:31 am

Hi, 3 of us are meeting in Ealing area next Saturday 7th for coffee if anybody else interested

• shelbea1909 4th August 2021 at 8:27 am

Yes, as mentioned in DM message post, I would like to attend. When details are finalised, let me know.

• Anil 1st September 2021 at 4:28 pm

Sure, me too if something definite is confirmed.

• Pops McCarthy 13th November 2021 at 12:31 am

Hi. I’m a newbie here. But its a good question. Building a social circle is just what I need.

Add