Home Forums Local Groups England Manchester Local recommendations in Manchester

mark-e-mark Posted 2 years ago
Local recommendations in Manchester

Let others know about the things you love in your local area. Whether it’s a hidden gem, a favourite park, a restaurant you love, a place you’ve just discovered, or anything else you’d like to share with your local Rest Less members – we’d love to hear about it here! If you have some photos to share, even better….

3 likes & 7 replies
    • reyganj 20th September 2020 at 6:22 pm

In Winton, Salford the Cleavely Community Forest Garden welcomes volunteers on Thursday afternoons between 13:30 -15:30, when there is often a plant sale and some free allotment produce

• Deleted User 30th September 2020 at 10:33 am

Lived in the stretford area for almost all my  life. Longford Park is good for a long walk and then cross over Edge Lane to Turn Moss that goes along the meadows. You really wouldn’t think you were in Manchester.

• Deleted User 4th October 2020 at 9:56 am

Was bought a gift voucher for the afternoon tea on the Bridgewater canal boat trips- really enjoyed it and well worth it. Likewise the East Lancashire railway does outstanding Sunday lunches on their steam train trips.

• Judes 14th November 2020 at 9:14 am

Wythenshawe park is another gem.  Get away from the main path and head into the beautiful woods.

Normally the farm is open for the children and also the jungle walk which is tropical glasshouses.

• AdrianSF 23rd September 2021 at 4:13 am

Can anybody recommend somewhere I can eat a decent steak, I mean, not a Bernie Inn but somewhere highly recommended please ?

• Anna M 8th December 2021 at 9:27 am

I recently visited the Jewish Museum in Cheetham Hill. It’s only quite small but packed with fascinating information. The staff are very friendly and you get chance to go into the adjoining former synagogue which is exactly as it was when in use. There are some moving stories about Jewish immigrants’ experience of coming to Manchester and the pain they suffered at cruelly losing loved ones at the hands of the Nazis during the War, but overall it’s a very positive and uplifting place to spend an afternoon.

Add