Home Forums Local Groups Wales Cardiff Local recommendations in Cardiff

Rest Less Sara Posted 1 year ago
Local recommendations in Cardiff

Let others know about the things you love in your local area. Whether it’s a hidden gem, a favourite park, a restaurant you love, a place you’ve just discovered, or anything else you’d like to share with your local Rest Less members – we’d love to hear about it here! If you have some photos to share, even better….

3 likes & 8 replies
    • Lot 17th May 2021 at 7:33 am

Morning All
      Ive lived in south west 59 years and 40 in Taunton Somerset where brought up fam. Now 29 & 25 … One working for NHS & one travelling world & livin his best life 🥰 Moving to outskirts of Cardiff in 5 weeks & have not ONE friend 😉 oh dear !!! Hence signing up here never done such a thing before … !
      I have the mad hat idea that I want to learn to ride a horse 🐴!! Completely out of my comfort zone but no idea where to look to start 🙈
      I love to decorate & design home stuff , have a Labrador who was “top of the puppy class 🐶” but gone a bit wayward n off the rails : wondering if any gatherings out there near Cardiff for adult dog training ??
      Was an avid holiday lover France for couple months in Gite regularly … lots of beautiful sunny spots 😎
      It’s all a bit daunting and I fear loneliness in new area after over half my life in one area Eeeeek !!
      Hope to speak soon ☺️👋🏼

• Pippa_b 18th May 2021 at 10:58 am

Hi there “Lot”,
        Cardiff is a lovely friendly place and a beautiful city for parks and gardens. Where are you moving to?
        I also have a wayward dog, a terrier cross – she is unfortunately not sociable to other dogs but I’d be happy to join you (without her) for a dog walk somewhere for a socially distanced chat about life being a 60 year old (when did that happen, haha!)

• Lot 19th May 2021 at 9:14 am

Aaah Pippa
          Thanks soo much for your reply … NOT Tech savy & only just found your reply by default not design !! 🙈 Would love socially distanced chat , walk, coffee takeaway … moving to Dinas Powys on 24th June & WILL be in touch to arrange ASAP after the chaos .

We’ve bought a building wreck – a probate sale of a 1930’s semi which we drove up n saw at building stage … not many walls- no plaster- no bathroom nor kitchen – whole of downstairs open to the elements – garden a pile of rubble – I can’t actually go on Pippa 😱it’s toooooo scary !! BUT I DO BELIEVE IN MIRACLES 🧚🏼‍♂️We got caught up in the whole madness of every property that came up had approx 20 other viewers and all seemed to go to sealed bids and we lost out on many … & got desperate!!!

Eeeek help what have we done 🙈 I’ll update you Pippa when we meet up … honestly I’m really shy but once I get txting I seem to get verbal dia***rea 🙈

• Pippa_b 3rd June 2021 at 1:23 pm

Hi Lot
          I have DM’d you my contact number. Looking forward to chatting about your project – sounds like a big one!

• SaraD21 17th September 2021 at 10:34 am

Hi, I’ve just joined the site… I live in Cardiff and would be interested in meeting up for a walk or coffee somewhere. Currently trying to upload a profile photo!

• Rooty 23rd May 2021 at 10:24 pm

Hi Lot, I live in Rhoose, near the airport. I’m always happy to meet up for a walk with my little Westie, Charlie or go for a coffee.

• Not quite over the hill yet 17th September 2021 at 11:09 am

Wish I lived in Cardiff, you both sound so lovely.
      I was down there last week dropping my son off at Uni -my last one to leave the nest- have spent the last week feeling very lonely & sorry for myself – but so far, he is loving it.
      Like you Pippa, I have a wayward terrier cross, I’ve rehomed, who is lovely at home but hates all other dogs on sight….”get a dog to improve your social life” hasn’t worked, I love him to bits but now scared to walk him.
      Have just discovered this website and am not tech savvy at all, but it seems brilliant

• Julesco 5th October 2021 at 12:11 pm

Hi – I live in Cardiff too and would really be interested in walks, coffee meets, I have been looking for some groups to join – maybe we could start one?

Add