Home Forums Local Groups England Essex Living Colchester, lots of interests; art, history...

Kay61 Posted 2 years ago
Living Colchester, lots of interests; art, history, other cultures, myths, reading, health, animals/environment and many others!
2 likes & 10 replies
    • David.W 18th November 2020 at 8:03 pm

Hello Kay. Just read your profile. What kind of subjects are you interested regarding history etc. I,m interested in ufology though must admit havent been following it recently other than the programme on quest channel friday night.

• Kay61 18th November 2020 at 8:31 pm

Re history, that would include prehistory as I studied Anthroplogy at uni and loved human evolution and ancient cultures. That revived an interest in myths and whether they are sometimes history or allegory. One student linked some of these to alien abduction! I enjoy Anthroplogy for the scientific and social aspect

Love the art of all these eras and paint and draw myself – recently passed a City and Guilds in patchwork and quilting that included a lot of design. The symbolism in ancient art and more recent is fascinating.

Enjoy visiting NT properties and especially the gardens

What else are you interested in?

• David.W 18th November 2020 at 10:41 pm

Interested in Zulu war, 2nd World War. Evolution of East Anglian coastline. Also looked into human evolution with regards to age of mankind in bible. Other interests include reading, scale model making, walking: countryside and coasts, science fiction, home improvement, repair/restoration on household items ie furniture, china etc.

• Kay61 18th November 2020 at 11:14 pm

Love to read, walk too. Haven’t read much science fiction lately but liked Love, Death and Robots on Netflicks – series of short animated scifi films

• David.W 18th November 2020 at 11:44 pm

i havent read much sci fi recently. Favourite writer has to be H G Wells, brilliant man. Been on quite lot of walks since lockdowns to keep active, some nice riverside locations along crouch valley here. Any idea how i can upload my profile image on here as i,m stumped at present🤔🤔Have you been in Colchester long time. I moved to Runwell four years ago, originally from near Ilford east London.

• Kay61 19th November 2020 at 1:54 pm

Been here for 5 years, was in Brisbane before that for 5.

If you go to your profile and click on the circle for your photo it will tell you to chose a file to upload your photo

H G Wells was indeed a brilliant man. I loved Issac Asimov especially with the robot/three laws of robotics stories. I like the artowrk for the old pulp magazines from the 50s/60s

• David.W 19th November 2020 at 5:45 pm

Hello again Kay, thanks for info on how to attach photo. Bit of a dunce when it comes to these things and emd up muddling through, story of my whole life really! Havent read any Asimov, mainly Well,s and Arther C Clarke stuff. Reading some ufo mags brother gave me at moment, interesting articles, also been watching UFO,s lost files on Quest Friday evening. Was that Brisbaine as in Aussie🤔🤔

• David.W 20th November 2020 at 6:03 pm

Hello again Kay, that was a big move from Aussie to Essex. Are you happy in Colchester, ive been few times but not for ages. I,m just down the Road in southern part of Chelmsford council at a place called Runwell. Dont forget ufo programme tonite on quest at nine if your interests!

• David.W 11th December 2020 at 1:36 pm

Hello again Kay. Sorry if my reply is a bit late only i havent been able to post anything on here for some reason. Able to do it ok on pc so it might be fault with my own device. hope you are keeping well there. David

Add