Home Forums Local Groups England Essex Live in Southend on Sea, been retired for 6 months...

Chantilly Posted 1 year ago
Live in Southend on Sea, been retired for 6 months, looking for new friends in the local for a coffee and a chat and maybe walks or group outings etc. . Happily married so not looking romance lol
4 likes & 17 replies
    • Gaetano 16th June 2021 at 4:38 pm

Hi Chantilly,

Thank you so much for joining us at Rest Less and welcome to our Community!

My name is Gaetano, I am the Customer Service Manager at Rest Less and here to answer any questions you may have about it.

I see you have used your local group for another post which is great as that allows building new friendships with local Members, that’s great! The other recommendation I can give you is to explore all groups, pick and choose conversations that you may find of interest and pro-actively participate in them: that’s the best way to make new friends in our very friendly community.

Please, do share all your feedback with us so that we can understand what you are trying to get from Rest Less and therefore improve our service to you.

Thank you again and happy posting!

• Sheila 777 17th June 2021 at 3:08 pm

Hi my name is Sheila. I also retired recently and am happily married. I am looking for some friends and coffee and a chat or walking along seafront and lunches sounds great (although I don’t like coffee 😄😄

• Chantilly 17th June 2021 at 8:03 pm

Hi Sheila,
        Perhaps we could meet up for a cuppa and a chat, I do like a coffee but am really a tea pot lol. Let me know when you are free.

• Sheila 777 17th June 2021 at 8:39 pm

I am free Monday or Wednesday late morning. I drop my husband off at work at 11am in Sainsbury’s East Mayne Basildon and could come down then so say 11.45am on one of these days if you are free. How about just outside brewers fayre on seafront is that ok.

• Chantilly 17th June 2021 at 8:45 pm

Hi, I can do Monday 11.45 outside the Brewers Fair is fine. If we hit it off I could come to Basildon next time.

• Chantilly 18th June 2021 at 11:30 am

Me too, I will wait ,till you arrive, so.many roadworks in Southend at the moment. Take care and see you on Monday. Linda

• Crabapple 5th July 2021 at 1:19 pm

Hi, I have just seen you post, I have been retired for 18 months and have lived in Southend-on-Sea, just off Eastern Esplanade, since just after I retired. I too am looking for friend’s to meet up for a chat or days out.
      I don’t drive but have bus pass and will travel.
      I love crafts, animals, history and would like to get fitter.
      I am a bit reserved until I get to know people but I really would like a few friends.

• Chantilly 5th July 2021 at 6:29 pm

Hiya, I live in Shoeburyness so not far away from you. It would be nice to meet up for a chat and maybe a little walk along the prom. I have already met one lady, it was a great success and we are meeting up again soon and keeping in touch. I am also planning on meeting up with another lady when I return from my holiday, in Northumberland at the moment, will returning home next weekend. Would you feel more comfortable meeting up with me and the other lady so its not one-to-one, she is also retired? If so, we can make a date when we are all free?

• Frankiegroom 6th July 2021 at 10:33 am

Hi ladies I’m looking for new friends too and would love to meet up, I retired last year and live alone my partner still woks so I only see him a couple of nights a week, I drive so I can meet anywhere.

• Chantilly 6th July 2021 at 10:50 am

Hiya, we seem to be getting a nice little group together. On hols this week so will contact you with some dates next week for a meet up.

• LA Rochford 28th July 2021 at 6:47 am

Hello ladies, I’m another local lady and would be very interested in joining your group for a meet up.

• Deleted User 28th July 2021 at 9:04 am

Hi
      I’m interested in a meet up too

• Chantilly 28th July 2021 at 9:07 am

Hiya, I am meeting up with another lady on Monday 2nd August, we are meeting at the new Brewers Fayre on the seafront at 11am. You are more than welcome to join us if you are available.

• Chantilly 28th July 2021 at 9:17 am

Both welcome to come along, see you there!

• Deleted User 28th July 2021 at 9:40 am

I can’t make Monday but have a lovely time

• Chantilly 28th July 2021 at 9:48 am

I am meeting up with two girls i have already met on 9th August, same time, same place, if you can make it then?

Add