Home Forums General Lighthearted post. I have a colossal crisis on my...

Forestbather Posted 2 weeks ago
Lighthearted post. I have a colossal crisis on my hands.

No wine.

I don’t know how to proceed.

Disclaimer – lighthearted only – not intended to upset anyone dealing with actual crises – death/illness/debt etc.

What’s the biggest lighthearted crisis you are facing right now?

For fun only.

2 likes & 36 replies
    • Shirlann 14th May 2022 at 12:15 pm

If the sun is going to shine tomorrow 🙄😏beautiful day at the moment 😁

• Forestbather 14th May 2022 at 12:22 pm

It really is amazing today. Proper weather.

A long run this morning and it was a bit too hot for that but perfect for vegging with wine in the garden doing domestic crap.

• Shirlann 14th May 2022 at 12:23 pm

Lucky you I’m stuck in fish and chip shop🙄😏

• Forestbather 14th May 2022 at 12:28 pm

Sounds like long working hours if you are in a touristy spot. I hope you get a break while it’s sunny.

• backofbeyond 14th May 2022 at 12:55 pm

I only managed 7 miles this morning but it was the first effort after (half) recovering from whatever bug I caught from my granddaughter last week and injuring my knee the week before, so I’m fairly pleased. I was supposed to be doing a 100k ultra in two weeks time but thank goodness it was cancelled. The replacement isn’t until mid July. First good sweat of the year.

• Terry75 14th May 2022 at 12:47 pm

Sirloin steak or venison for tea, what a hard decision bearing in mind that shortly I’ll be enjoying a nice, cold, crisp Sauvignon Blanc sat out front watching nothing go by as its very quiet where I live. 🤣🤣.

• SelsdonLion 14th May 2022 at 1:05 pm

Don’t know who to support in the Cup Final this afternoon. Liverpool or Chelsea? 🤔

• backofbeyond 14th May 2022 at 1:06 pm

An afternoon of buzzing around an old motorcycle probably for me. I need to get some miles on the clock as I’m supposed to be going to Morocco on it in August and so far about 20 miles between breakdowns is about as much as I’ve managed. 🤣 I figure if I go out while the football is on the roads should be a bit quieter.

• Forestbather 14th May 2022 at 3:30 pm

Sounds a bit like a crisis waiting to happen to me!!!!

Love Morocco. Absolutely mad place.

• backofbeyond 14th May 2022 at 4:49 pm

Well, a successful (mostly) afternoon on the bike – did about 30 miles down to the local biker cafe (not somewhere I usually bother with) and back and it ran perfectly. Not knowing the cafe that well I figured get there, cup of coffee, have a look at what’s in the car park (it’s usually packed) and back. Got there at 3.00pm and it was shut. Some knarled old biker sat by a Harley with a bottle of beer in his hand looked at me rattling the door and said ‘ they shut at 2.00pm on a Saturday’. I walked back to my bike and three other people were just parking nearby. I said to them ‘you know the cafe’s shut’, ‘No, what, it’s just gone three’. ‘They shut at two I’ve just been told and the door’s locked’. ‘What! We’ve just ridden fifty miles to get here’. Crazy really but apparently those ‘in the know’ get there in the morning.

It’ll be double trouble trying to ride to Morocco as a friend from the US is shipping over exactly the same bike and we’re going on two of them. I ought to post up a map of France, Spain and Morocco and pitch a kind of Restless spot the ball competition where you mark an X on the map where you think we’ll terminally break down. A couple of quid entry, winner gets half and the rest goes to charity. 🤣 My guess is – on the driveway before we leave.

• Forestbather 14th May 2022 at 5:45 pm

Do you have a sidecar ……?

• backofbeyond 14th May 2022 at 6:54 pm

I don’t, but a few years ago I did meet a couple of blokes on ‘his n his’ identical Hondas where they’d made up a steel cradle that could be bolted onto both bikes to make it into a sort of quad. They ran the bikes separately on the motorway but on the back roads when it got icy / snowy ( I met them in winter in southern Germany) they’d bolt both bikes together so they couldn’t fall off. Quite what happened when they came to a T junction and one turned left and the other right I never did find out. 🤣

• VFP 14th May 2022 at 2:53 pm

I woke up at 6am thinking I had a 7am meeting with someone in New Zealand only to discover my meeting was at 9! Just about to go out but feeling like a walking zombie 🧟‍♂️. I will be needing wine later but the only
      bottle I have is an expensive gift and I usually save these for special but too tired to shop so it will be open 🙂 problem solved

• Forestbather 14th May 2022 at 3:31 pm

Dodge the meeting, get out in the sun, open the wine.

Sorted.

• Blauro 14th May 2022 at 5:48 pm

It’s take away tonight and I can’t decide between Jerk chicken or Goat curry 🤔🤔

• Reverend Nick 14th May 2022 at 5:59 pm

Whether to go and get a kebab and pizza now or wait till just before Eurovision.

• Sledge70 14th May 2022 at 6:00 pm

Rose or Malbec it’s a real shit as both are in the chiller

• Sue Devon 14th May 2022 at 7:06 pm

5’2 , 60 trying to buy a wetsuit my measurements being the main challenge, absolutely hilarious 😆

Add