Home Forums Local Groups England East Sussex Let’s Connect in the Brighton and Sussex areas !

Add comment

• Let’s Connect in the Brighton and Sussex areas !

I am so excited that Rest Less have decided to add a local group function. My name is Marina and I am really enjoying using the resources here to improve my quality of Life. I live in Eastbourne but normally work in Brighton. Are there any other people here from these areas that would like to connect, remotely initially?

Posted by marina
Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Reply by BrightonBN1

Hi Marina, and all other members of the Forum!

Giving Restless a go, and looking forward to see how we can all help each other out, and make the most of our lives in our 50s and beyond! I’m Brighton-based but I work in London…one of the positives of the pandemic has been not having to go up to the Big Smoke every day. If I could find a decent job in the area to match my skills (communications, writing)  and that paid my mortgage, I’d be as happy as Larry!

• Reply by marina

Love the positive attitude related to COVID and it’s silver lining. I too have not missed all the driving. Although I am back at work some days I still work from home as well. Any ideas on how we can all help each other I am sure all the group would be interested!

• Reply by Rosanna

Hi Marina, I am Rosanna and literally just joined the Rest Less community. I live in Eastbourne too and would like very much to be kept updated with project and events.

• Reply by marina

Hi Rosanna, pleased to meet you.  Any suggestions are welcome on how we can develop the group and help each other!

• Reply by hellythorpe

Hi Everyone

this is a great idea having a local group

I,m helen I’ve lived in Hove for 30+ years

I love walking – other passions are cooking and music

maybe we could do a recipe share I’m so bored of all my meal

menus right now ? and would definitely be keen to do a social

distancing walk

Happy weekend to you all

• Reply by marina

Hi Helen and welcome,

What a great idea, I too get really bored of my dishes but love to improvise, only problem with that I never know the recipes of any of the better dishes…… During lockdown, I made quite a few Quinoa Salads with feta, tomatoes, olives etc.  I also loved making Tuna Nicoise, a dish I never normally think of.  The green beans and potatoes with olives and Tuna ( fresh or tinned) were great for me as I love strong flavours in my food. Now Autumn is here I am loving roasted veg with sweet potatoes, mushrooms, cauliflower, Peppers and courgettes but you can use any veg you prefer.  I season it with chilli, paprika, olive oil and celery salt but you could use any spices you prefer, I have it with plain leaves such as spinach and rocket.  Please share your favourites !  oh and another thing I love is chilli con carne, made with a good quality Aberdeen Angus mince or mixed pork and beef mince,  this year I have been adding dark chocolate (70% plus)as well and sometimes also lentils, very filling but if you add lentils do adjust the amount of meat you add.

• Reply by hellythorpe

Wow Marina thank you what a great bunch of inspiration can’t wait to get cooking

• Reply by marina

Thanks Helly 🙂

• Reply by Nicoleta

Hi Marina and lovely people,

I’m Nicoleta. I live in Hove for more than 6 yrs now and I work for Redcross in a charity shop here in town. I love the sea and living in this area!

• Reply by marina

Hi Nicoleta and welcome to the group. What a worthwhile job you have. I love these shops!

• Reply by Graeme

Hi

Am Graeme based in Brighton

• Reply by marina

Welcome Graeme 🙂

• Reply by Graeme

Thank you Marina

• Reply by Carole

Hi. I’m Carole, have just joined Restless so seeing how it suits me. I live in Seaford aged 63 and have been retired from local govt for 4 years.

• Reply by marina

Hi Carole , hope you enjoy being part of the Restless community and this local group

• Reply by snowbritnj

Hello, my name is Sarah and I am based in Rottingdean, near Brighton. Nice to meet you all.

• Reply by marina

Hi Sarah,

I hadn’t realised that I did not welcome you to the group . Hope you’re having a great weekend !
        Marina

• Reply by davidkeys80

Hi Sarah . I got my love of the south coast from my aunt pat who lived in saltdean . Many a happy holidays I’ve had there & now I live in Worthing 😊.

• Reply by marina

Would you like to share some of the things that you would like to see in this Local Group, whatever that may be for you! It would be good to develop it in some way.

Marina

• Reply by Carole

Difficult to know what we can do at the moment as it would all be virtual. Unless a few people fancy meeting for a socially distanced walk somewhere. ?

• Reply by marina

Yes true , it’s a little tricky .    Is anyone a member of a Meetup group in Brighton ? Maybe we could share interests for now.

anybody have  hobbies that are important to you ?

• Reply by Juth

Hello, this looks interesting…how do I ‘join’ this group please? Juth

• Reply by marina

Hi Juth,

Welcome to the East Sussex group.  we are sharing online at the moment and seeing how the group develops.

• Reply by Juth

Oh good.  I will keep listening…

• Reply by tlacey1

Hi there I’m Tim, recently redundant but looking to establish/purchase a training company to help young people along

• Reply by marina

Hi Tim, I work with young people as well for a company named Elev8 Careers . What age group are you looking at ?

• Reply by tlacey1

16+ lots of senior management experience in the apprenticeship sector so looking around

• Reply by davidkeys80

Hi Marina.
      I travel to London on my motorbike.It takes me about an hour & a quarter to get there . I work in a hospital as an ambulance driver in patient transport department.
      This is a great site & look forward to making new friends even if it is online.

• Reply by marina

That sounds amazing , a great commute . A worthwhile job too ….

• Reply by davidkeys80

Hi Marina.

Thanks for your reply . The ride into work is great especially in the summer . Riding through the countryside is way better than the Motorways. As for my job . I love it . It’s great meeting new people every day & getting Life stories from them .

• Reply by cathy.robinson65

Hi all, I’m Cathy and I live in hove. I’ve been here over 25 years although I’m a Brummie originally. Wouldn’t want to live anywhere else now!

• Reply by davidkeys80

Hi Cathy .

looks like there’s a lot of people that have a love for the south coast. Hove is awesome. I’m just a few miles away on 😎 Sunny Worthing .

• Reply by marina

Hi Cathy ,

Theres something about the Sea that’s so wonderful ! Plus you live in a unique City just to make it even better !
        thanks for connecting

• Reply by marina

Hi David, I do enjoy living on the Coast and have lived here most of my life. How do you manage the commute? Saying that I used to drive 15 miles along the Coast Road which took an hour or more at times! It is all pretty relative…… are you enjoying the content and discussion here at RestLess?

• Reply by davidkeys80

Hi Marina .

I’m David. I live in Worthing & work in London. I’ve aways had a love for the south coast thanks to my late Aunt Pat who lived in Saltdean. Great memories.

Viewing 13 reply threads