Home Forums General Kids, they say the Funniest and Strangest things....

CAAS Posted 1 year ago
Kids, they say the Funniest and Strangest things. What are the things you remember your Kids saying?

On a trip to the Zoo, as a family we approached the Giraffe paddock., and well shall we say, the Male Giraffe was feeling a little Frisky, as his appendage showed. My youngest looked and remarked “Hey look that Giraffe’s got a broken leg.

After a trip to the Doctor’s, for him to look at my injured right knee. Once at home’ my Son asked, what you doing Dad?
I’m taking a tablet, which will help get my knee better
Oh, Dad?
Yes
How does the tablet know which leg to go down?

And the Strangest, thing I’ve ever been asked, was by my eldest Son when he was about 5. I ‘d put him to bed when he asked.
Dad, do you remember when you wasn’t my Dad, but a guard who looked after me?
I was Gobsmacked, all I could say was er…. Yes I think so. He seemed happy with the answer, He snuggled down and went to sleep.

1 like & 17 replies
    • Shirlann 22nd May 2021 at 7:08 pm

Find trouble with age you forget things 🙄🤔😁

• Deleted User 22nd May 2021 at 7:08 pm

A number of years ago, my nephew said I was like Henry the 8th as I’d been married twice and then went on the dating scene.

The little shit is now a big shit!

• VFP 22nd May 2021 at 7:43 pm

Having seen some old black and white films, my young son came to the conclusion that life in the olden days was in black and white. I think it was a few years before I knew he thought this, and I remember his surprise when I corrected him.

• Marica 22nd May 2021 at 7:54 pm

I know when my son fell over when small , I once said “Let me get some germolene and put cream on it (meaning the cut or graze) After that , every time he hurt himself, it was “creamonit ” what ever the problem was, it was quite sweet

• Deleted User 22nd May 2021 at 8:36 pm

We were in B&Q over 25 years ago looking for a cat flap. Our son was about 3 years old and walked down the aisle ahead of us. When he got to the end he shouted ” I can’t see any cat crap”. We were in hysterics.

• Kooky 23rd May 2021 at 9:21 am

27 year old, when little was arguing with his cousin about whether the woman sat in front of them on the bus was a man or woman .. it was the first time sister and I had let them sit alone together on bus seats, we were sat on the other side of the aisle pretending we didn’t know them 😅, the woman eventually turned round and told them she was in fact a woman. They didn’t say a word the rest of the journey.

My youngest slapped a womans backside twice saying bum bum! He was bum height at the time and coming out of reception gates and tbf the bum was covering his whole vision 😅

Middle child shouted top of his voice in a park .. I’m not stuck, I just wanna f*** , over and over. When I first heard it I thought, no. I didnt hear that. Then he started repeating it … I have never raced so fast to him … he thought it rhymed well , they were doing rhymes at school and he carried on in the park. First lesson on naughty words he got that day..

Middle child thought we ate handburgers for years

Youngest had thingers and thumbs for a long time too

Niece was shocked when she found out people have pack lunches, not pat lunches

I could go on with the stuff they come out with. Love the innocence and muddled up things kids say and do 😍 😅

• Raine24 23rd May 2021 at 9:25 am

When my son was much younger, he went on a school trip to a farm, when he got back he flopped on the sofa and said he was really tired because they had been walking through fields of custard all day!! When I stopped laughing, I asked if the fields were yellow, when he said yes, I explained that it was probably a field of mustard 🤣

• Josie123 23rd May 2021 at 9:50 am

In a major supermarket when my youngest was around 3, we came across a very little old lady. She didn’t have dwarfism, she was just little as in around 4′ 2″ and very slender frame. She caught my daughter’s eye. Cue a tug on my sleeve and a piping voice saying, “That’s a very little lady!”
      Luckily, she smiled and agreed with her…

Another thing that happened (where I truly wanted the earth to open up and swallow me), was when my eldest was around 18 months or so and still in a pushchair. We were in a queue in the post office. She was singing away to herself quite happily but she’d recently discovered her nose (!) To stop her rooting around in there, her dad had told her that if she did it too often, she’d find a hedgehog. Anyway, I was busy sorting out whatever I was sorting out and became aware of titters around me. My darling daughter was waving snot encrusted fingers in the air and clearly singing, “Got a ‘edge’og, Mummy…”

Out with my favourite Auntie one day, same daughter was haggling for something that I’d said no to. Eventually I told her to stop asking because I didn’t have any money. (Her father had a wallet that moths flew out of and had determined I should have a small, weekly allowance as I was not contributing financially now that we had a child – before you ask, no, the marriage didn’t last, he was a dreadful bully.) She said, “Why don’t you ask that nice man in the post office? He always gives you money…” At the time, child benefit was paid across the counter and was a lifeline for me. My aunt, who understood how tight my then husband was, roared with laughter, which completely removed the embarrassment I felt. She recalled it often, right up until she passed.

And Hermione in Harry Potter will forever be known as Hermy-one, courtesy of that same daughter.

• Jimper 23rd May 2021 at 1:07 pm

When my son was about 3 he was sat by my side on the settee out of the blue he told when he was a man he was as tall as the door and had a beard, the hairs on my neck shot up, when I reminded him in his 20’s he could not remember a thing what he had said, but I remember it vividly

• CAAS 23rd May 2021 at 4:04 pm

I had the same reaction, when I told my Son about, the guard story, he couldn’t remember anything about it. But it’s something I’ll never forget.

• Deleted User 23rd May 2021 at 2:20 pm

This is the worst day of my whole entire life 🤣😂🤣😂 my son aged 6 he has a long life ahead of him.

Buffalo wings! He really thought that the wings were buffaloes 🐃🤣😂🤣😂
      Joes burger
      please keep the salt and sugar away from him.He doesn’t know the difference 🤣😂🤣😂
      thought he’d try sweet potato fries 🍟.
      When will Bill poster to be prosecuted. was the best one He actually thought there was a person named Bill poster🤣😂🤣😂

• Daisyroots 23rd May 2021 at 4:00 pm

I was driving when my one of my daughters spotted a sign which said Blind Corner; she said “oh that’s so kind! They have a special corner for blind people.”
      Another time she declared that guide dogs must be very clever as they have to drive cars for blind people.
      Last one…..
      Whilst passing a KFC, she yelled “Mum! There’s a kenfucky tried chicken!” (She got her words muddled like when you say par cark instead of car park) it was before she knew the f word so I tried not to make a big deal if it but I was crying with laughter 😂

Add