Home Forums TV, Film & Radio Just watched Peter Rabbit 2 it’s brilliant does...

Dave the poet 1970 Posted 11 months ago
Just watched Peter Rabbit 2 it’s brilliant does anyone else still watch kids/family films or am I the only big kid on here ?
6 likes & 40 replies
    • Catwoman 25th September 2021 at 5:44 pm

I’ve seen Peter Rabbit it was ok not seen the second one yet

• Moondaisy 26th September 2021 at 8:53 am

oooer thanks for sharing… know what I’m watching this afternoon.

• Jel03 26th September 2021 at 10:29 am

I love watching children’s films , it’s nice to escape adult hood sometimes

• Cowanr 26th September 2021 at 10:32 am

I took my neice to see Cruella, 1st film after lockdown. I loved it

• Julia 56 26th September 2021 at 10:35 am

I took my grandchildren and loved it as much as they did 😂

• Pennylouisepaints 26th September 2021 at 10:41 am

Paddington 2 is great x

• Mommy bear 26th September 2021 at 11:13 am

Yes watched tom and Jerry other day

• HH 2021 26th September 2021 at 11:23 am

Watched Despicable me yesterday, love that film! 🤣

• Josie123 26th September 2021 at 12:31 pm

My 20 year old daughter and I went to see The Croods 2 earlier in the year. We weren’t the only people with no little ones in the cinema. 😆

• Micky2112 26th September 2021 at 1:08 pm

I became a father again at the age of 49 so I get to see a lot of kids films, I love ‘em. I love a good cry 😭

• Kilcotcas 26th September 2021 at 1:09 pm

Noo, Yesterday, I watched Cats and Dogs 3, which was unadulterated tripe, but I loved it!!.

• Mo001 26th September 2021 at 1:27 pm

I love Guardians of the Galaxy 1 & 2. Looking forward to seeing 3 when it’s released 😊

• VLB 26th September 2021 at 8:04 pm

Some of the children’s films are better than those aimed at adults! One of my favourites is Matilda which my daughter and I still enjoy. I haven’t seen the Peter Rabbit films but might have to give them a watch.

• Dave the poet 1970 26th September 2021 at 8:06 pm

My 22 year old daughter and I watched Matilda just a few weeks ago it’s brilliant 😊
        And yes some of the kids films are definitely better than so called grown up films

• goldfish63 26th September 2021 at 9:12 pm

My Daughter loved the films but was scared of Mr Mcgregor scared her and the guy next door used to look like him lol he even swatted butterflies with a tennis racket on his cabbage plants 🙂

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 3rd December 2021 at 4:31 pm

My grandsons are with me every other weekend and we always watch a film – particularly enjoyed this one! We cuddle up on the sofa, they are 6 and 8, and have a wonderful time watching together!
      Paddington is also marvellous – my daughter has a big screen she sets up temporarily and it really adds to the experience!

• Linpap 3rd December 2021 at 10:54 pm

Can’t think of any children’s films I haven’t enjoyed! Apart from perhaps a sing along version of Frozen that my granddaughter dragged me to in local cinema now that was a challenge!!

• Staying Alive 4th December 2021 at 1:51 am

I’m not aloud to watch Dumbo as I always cry 😢

So many kids films I love to watch.
      Jungle book ( The original ) non-cartoon
      Happy feet all of them
      Toy Story all of them
      Despicable me all of them

• Hello I am Sarah. I do gardening and pet 4th December 2021 at 9:21 am

I like kids films. Do you remember ET at cinema. Railway children a favourite and Black Beauty. I watch alot of TV and enjoy Drama Channel. Oh Sesame Street, and Muppet Show.

• madeleine45 23rd January 2022 at 10:08 am

There are a few childrens films i would watch, but the favourite, which I tend to watch about once or twice a year (when the endless repeats are on the box ) is The Railway Children. However well newer versions have been made , for me it absolutely Must be the version with Jenny Agutter as Bobby and the lovely Bernard Cribbins as Perks.. Beautifully made, not one jarring bit where the film makers get it wrong and when you are my age and a teacher of languages and you see the wrong clothes or styles being used, it is annoying but much worse language is when you get something like Jane Austin Emma, the clothing etc has been well researched and it all looks good but she will be talking and then that sudden annoying jar and loss of belief as Emma replies OK or oh hi, and you are wrenched from the belief as you hear the character use totally wrong language for that period. she might as well be seen wearing leggings or a mini skirt. Ruined the moment. So the joy of that particular version of the film is not one jarring moment, and the wonderful schmaltzy ending of Daddy , my Daddy. Cant beat it , reach for the tissues and put the kettle on!. Of course
      I always had to firmly lock the mental door that said ” how did you afford someone to help in the house if you were poor?” but I am allowed to do that for a little while! When I passed the scholarship and went to Beverly High School for girls, we travelled by train and quite a long walk at either end. So the first year, the train was a steam train (yes I know I am so ancient) Had a walk of about half mile to get to the station and if the gates were already shut you had to pound up the steps and dash over the bridge and down the other side to get onto the train. Of course on many occasions we would be covered in smoke and steam as we rushed over. It was the train from York going to Beverly , and naturally we knew all the other girls who joined the train quite well. So in the morning if the pocklington girls couldnt see us on the platform they would open their door to give us those precious few moments to dash down the steps and get in before we got left behind. As the train arrived at Market Weighton someone would have the window opened (using the strap thing) and would be looking out onto the platform. If they saw us they put the window up , wiped the smuts from their clean uniform and sat down. No sign of regulars and doors would be opened and calls made to other carriages to do the same (no corridors in those trains) . So the porter would come to check one door, and someone in the next carriage would open their one to give us those precious moment to haul ourselves into a carriage and collapse in a heap out of breath and shattered. I am afraid the porter we had did not resemble Perks! By the following year I regret to say they had replaced the steam trains with diesels ( very bad for trying to finish off homework, the train rocked about too much and so your handwriting betrayed the fact that the last couple of paragraphs had been written on the train, black looks and marked down by the teacher! So there we are, for me, one of the best film adaptations with not a single thing to ruin it . Of course far too sickly sweet to watch too often. It would be like having a meal of wonderful home made cakes of your choice. Start well but if you dont have something savoury to make a change or if you over eat you will be sick! Incidentally in the same way , with a railway connection , my husband and I would have an evening occasionally , watching Celia Johnson getting grit in her eye , in Brief Encounters, and listen to her too too english accent , and wonder if this time she might not go to Boots lending library and meet a totally different person , or even more wickedly , tell Dolly whatever her name was to shut up and run off to join him and leave the family behind (well you never know do you?) and of course the light relief of the station buffet with Stanley Holloway and the awful manageress , whose name I cant remember of can hear her voice telling “Beryll” to do whatever and again her very appropriate language trying to sound quite posh when speaking to the porter. The very idea! Well my habit of checking what is on in the radio times allows me to make a note and if I have been having a tough time I will allow myself a little wallow , with a cushion for comfort, cup of coffee and a box of tissues at the ready. Incidentally going back to the railway children was it William Mervin who played the “old Gentleman?” Ah time to begin to sort out the chaos and get some coffee and listen to Desert Island Discs and Private Passions as I get cracking – but maybe I will just double check the radio times in case Railway children are on again . Oh I have thought several times that I might send an email to whoever makes the great present day sunday evening watch of the Midwives, and suggest that maybe the nuns might have a visitor who loves railways and so they are allowed to watch the Railway Children – Sister Julienne might recognise Bobby and of course viewers of my generation would appreciate the little in joke . what do you think? Had enough of railways – well of course then we can go off to Swallows and Amazons for a change. Happy watching and will raise my cup of coffee (or even a glass of something to you all) , when I am sat here on my own some dark and stormy night and the sounds of Oakworth, Oakworth from Perks will transport me back in my personal time machine!

• Pops McCarthy 23rd January 2022 at 12:10 pm

Thomas the Tank Engine for me, or Roadrunner

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 29th January 2022 at 12:02 am

I’ve just watched Sing 2 and thoroughly enjoyed it

Add