Home Forums Loneliness Just wanted to say “hello”

• Just wanted to say “hello”

Hi, my name is Janet. I am 54 and live in North Ayrshire. I love walking, hill walking (although still rather slow). Hoping to start getting out very soon now lockdown seems to be on the way out.
    Hope you have all got through the last 12 months the best you can and lets hope good times are not to far away.

Posted by JanetP
    • Reply by Lady K

Hi there

I love walking too and also cannot wait to be back out in the world. Yes let’s hope for the good times to arrive very soon.
      Wishing you a beautiful day! 😊

• Reply by JanetP

Thanks, you too Lady K, a bit cooler today though!

• Reply by Lady K

Thank you too Janet 😊 It is but sunny here at the moment, West Yorkshire.

• Reply by Colin in Kent

Hi Janet, opposite end of the country here but enjoy walking as well. I think there are few things more life affirming and healing than getting out into the countryside. Can’t wait for the restrictions to be lifted!

• Reply by JanetP

Hi Colin, ohh I bet your weather has been great this week…. we got a tropical 11/12degrees Friday & Saturday!! Agree, it’s good for the mind & soul

• Reply by Colin in Kent

Tropical?? Ha well it’s very up and down, I don’t think things have settled yet. Yesterday beautiful and sunny, too hot for coats. Today… freezing!

• Reply by JanetP

Same here, was minus one when I went my walk this morning…….

• Reply by Colin in Kent

Winter’s last gasp hopefully. Think it’s going to be a pretty grey week but won’t let that get me down too much. I mostly enjoy walking in all weathers, but first thing in the morning is a struggle.

• Reply by JanetP

Our weather isn’t looking to great for the week either, but I’ll still get out as much as I can. Hope you have a good day & walk if you manage to get out later.

• Reply by Colin in Kent

And you Janet! Sun is peeking through here, but have a boardgame challenge booked in with my wife later this afternoon so that’s the rest of the day sorted 🙂

• Reply by JanetP

Good luck & no cheating…. 🙂

• Reply by Colin in Kent

She thought I was going to look at her cards when she left the room, but the thought didn’t even occur to me! I should have done, I might not have lost…!

• Reply by Marica

Welcome to the group Janet . Lovely countryside where you are

• Reply by JanetP

Hi Marcia, yes, we do have stunning countryside & hills. So looking forward to getting out again

• Reply by Jackie Ann

Hi my name is Jackie. I’m in Lancashire I love walking to. Nice to be in nature

• Reply by JanetP

Hi Jackie, do you manage to get much walking done? Where do you go? In & around Lancashire/Cheshire?

• Reply by Sonny1234

Hello Janet, I prefer to swim , walking is fine but it depends on the company !!! Swimming is relaxing for me !!

• Reply by JanetP

Hi Sonny, that’s great, do you do wild swimming?

• Reply by Tonyh

Hello Janet, I am eating too much chocolate. Tomorrow is the start of a new diet , wish me luck. A lot more walking

• Reply by JanetP

Ohh dear ;( good luck & enjoy your walking. 🙂

• Reply by redman

wish i could swim i know how, but lost confidence 2014 wen i was going to acupunture for emotional problems pat

• Reply by JanetP

That’s a shame, once the pools are back open you should try & book some lessons, it will do you the world of good. 🙂

• Reply by Moonrocks43

Hi Jan! 👋

• Reply by JanetP

Hi, hope you are well & enjoyed Easter 🐣

• Reply by Moonrocks43

Thank you, quiet but nice shame about the weather. Hope you are well & had a lovely easter weekend. x

• Reply by Alive

Hi Janet welcome to the site

• Reply by JanetP

Hi, thank you 🙂 hope you are well

• Reply by hell.fenn

Hi Janet and welcome.
      I too love walking. I am very close to a lovely wood and a short drive to a beach. Love both but the beach is my favourite but takes more effort. The woods is best for my dogs when it is hot or I time walking along the prom earlier or later in the day.
      I am sooooo looking forward to 21 June with my fingers and everything else crossed.

• Reply by JanetP

Sounds lovely, same here, can’t come quick enough! Hope you are having a good day. 🙂

• Reply by hell.fenn

Hi Janet.
          My day ended up expensive. My car needed new front brake discs and pads and an oil change. Still that’s quite exciting at the moment when I think about it!
          What have you been up to?

• Reply by JanetP

Ohh no!! Not the kind of exciting things you need though 🙈 . Well, at least you know it’s road safe for day trips out… not much today, went a good 8 mile walk round the country park where I live before rain came in this afternoon, then read a book

Add