Home Forums Local Groups England Wiltshire Just getting out there again

Wunderwoman Posted 2 months ago
Just getting out there again

Hi, I’m new on here – I separated after 2 years of marriage earlier this year. I’ve now got to the point of wanting to meet up with people again and widen my social circle. But I don’t know how to do it! I live in a fairly rural area, not a huge amount to do and I’m not sure what to do on here! Any tips very gratefully received.

1 like & 8 replies
    • Wunderwoman 8th October 2021 at 10:26 am

That should say 22 years of marriage, not 2!

• Gerard371 8th October 2021 at 10:35 am

I would see if there’s any clubs advertised in the local shops, library.
      You could also try the Meet-Up site, and see if there are any groups in your area.
      They do have a lot of activities including hiking/walks, coffee/ meal meetups.

• Wunderwoman 8th October 2021 at 10:40 am

Thank you, Gerard. I’ve just signed up to Meet Ups, just working out how to use the site! It’s just getting out there again I’m nervous about.

• Gerard371 8th October 2021 at 1:01 pm

Some people can walk into a crowd of strangers and chat away happily, like they’ve know everyone for ages.
      I’m not like that, and many people aren’t who go to these meetups. But the more you go, the easier it gets. Bear with it, and you can make good friends.

• Wunderwoman 8th October 2021 at 1:36 pm

Thank you.

• Deleted User 13th October 2021 at 8:55 am

Hello from Bristol. Definitely worth looking at the Meetup site and groups as there’s always something happening.

• Linde 13th October 2021 at 10:20 pm

Hello, wunderfrau! Welcome to the group! I am glad you put that typing error right, as I was going to say, jokingly, you haven’t given it much time! I am glad you already had some good advice from others, as some pointed out it will take a little while, but give it a chance!
      This site is so versatile, so many interesting topics coming up, also good recipes for healthy eating, suggestions for travel destinations, volunteering groups, learning / courses to take up new interests, people talking about the area they live in , history, lovely photographs taken just a few days ago, the list goes on. Hope you find something of interest here, maybe something that will make you smile, poems, etc. All the best, Linde

• Wunderwoman 15th October 2021 at 8:10 pm

Thank you! Slowly getting used to how it a works!

Add