Home Forums Local Groups England Dorset Just getting out there again

Wunderwoman Posted 9 months ago
Just getting out there again

Hi, I’m new on here – I separated after 22 years of marriage earlier this year. I’ve now got to the point of wanting to meet up with people again and widen my social circle. But I don’t know how to do it! I live in a fairly rural area, not a huge amount to do and I’m not sure what to do on here! Any tips very gratefully received.

8 likes & 8 replies
    • LeighS 8th October 2021 at 7:48 pm

Hello Wunderwoman, my name is Leigh and I am a Rest Less Pioneer and I would like to welcome you to both Rest Less and the community. If you have any questions, please ask me here or message me privately.

I have been a member of the community almost since it began and have found it to be a very welcoming and friendly place. There are different groups for you to look at and join in any conversations that interest you. This is a good way of making friends.

Can I also suggest that as you don’t have a profile picture, you might want to consider uploading one. It has been observed that profiles with pictures do get more responses.

If you have any comments that you would like to make about Rest Less please do let me know and I will pass them on.

Once again welcome to both Rest Less and the community.

• Wunderwoman 8th October 2021 at 8:19 pm

Thank you – I’m still grappling my way forward with it all, bit I’ll get a picture up. I just want to get out and meet people! Thank you for your welcoming words.

• Lisa50 28th November 2021 at 7:41 am

Hello,
      22 years is a long time.
      I’ve recently joined this site for really the same reasons. I don’t know where you live but I’m near Bournemouth. 🙂

• CaringJen 29th November 2021 at 9:56 pm

Just a Friendly Hello 😊, fairly new on here too and finding my way around.

• Deleted User 3rd January 2022 at 8:59 am

Hello, another Newby, looking to widen my social circle aswell.
      Are there any groups that meet for lunches, dinners etc.?

• Paul095 3rd January 2022 at 11:13 am

Think there are meet-ups on this site from time to time, think organising is perhaps seeing who’d like to do something initially, hello all and welcome for those new on here 😊

• Stormsilver 12th January 2022 at 6:12 am

Hello, I’ve been here a month or so, I’m near Bournemouth but don’t drive much now but up for meeting for walks coffee chats.
      Stormsilver 😀

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 6th March 2022 at 10:11 am

Hi there, I’m from Weymouth, and up for meeting up and getting out & About.

Add