Home Forums Travel Just done my first holiday on my own.

Crafty Annie Posted 4 months ago
Just done my first holiday on my own.

12 night cruise with P & O on their smallest ship. Yes it was daunting but so pleased I did it. Very friendly & sat on a dinner table with 4 other singles of different ages & we had a great time. It was so nice to laugh & laugh.
I would definitely recommend – be brave.

16 likes & 10 replies
    • Madge 12th April 2022 at 9:33 am

Well done

• Mother Goose 12th April 2022 at 11:31 am

Well done. Its a great way to get out of your comfort zone and make new friends.

• Ems 12th April 2022 at 8:34 pm

Good for you. I went on my first holiday on my own when I was in my early 20’s, many years ago I went to Monaco for the grand prix. Like you I was nervous and daunted, but, I have to say, it was the best thing I have ever done. Gave me such self confidence. following that holiday it gave me confidence to do lots of other things on my own and I have never looked back. I have to say, so many women came up to me afterwards and said how much they admired me for doing the solo holiday and wished they could do it too. All power to you.

• Irene Ann Essex 19th May 2022 at 4:41 pm

Well done you!

• Shell69 19th May 2022 at 8:44 pm

Good for you Annie 😊

• Chi 22nd May 2022 at 10:48 am

Watching/swimming with dolphins has got to be one of the best experiences you can have! Amazing! And great you took the plunge on a solo holiday. It has been a while since I went on a solo break (before lockdown) and I am trying to pluck up the courage to do it again. Not sure if cruises are my thing though…

• Vixster 22nd May 2022 at 1:15 pm

Good for you! I’ve had to travel for work on my own, eating hotel dinners etc but not yet for personal reasons. One of my solo mates recommended Thelma and Louise for long haul trips but not sure they still exist now.

• Crafty Annie 22nd May 2022 at 1:26 pm

If you are considering cruising, can start your holiday from Southampton port. When you arrive your luggage is taken and you don’t see it again til it is brought to your cabin. You feel relaxed as soon as you step on board – my experience with P & O.
      All good wishes for your future travel plans.
      Annie

Add