Home Forums Food & Drink Jam

Renoir64 Posted 4 months ago
Jam

I’ve made 12 jars of damson jam over the last couple of days as we have a lot of that fruit in the garden this year.
Homemade jam?
Does anyone else make it and what’s your favourite recipe?

7 likes & 7 replies
    • LeighS 24th August 2021 at 10:34 pm

That looks very tasty 🙂 Homemade jam is lovely although I have never made it myself.

• Renoir64 24th August 2021 at 10:45 pm

It’s remarkably easy (it must be I can do it).
        Blackberry and Apple works well and you can pick blackberries for free and cooking apples aren’t too much.
        I mainly use old jars but this year had to buy some 8oz ones but they were only £16 for 24 with lids included and we’ll use them again and again.

• Deleted User 25th August 2021 at 1:39 pm

Yes, I make all our jam, usually mirabelle plum from our tree, although the last couple of years it hasn’t had many. This year I have enough for maybe a dozen jars. My grandson’s favourite is one I make from a bag of Aldi frozen forest fruits and a punnet of victoria plums!

• Rtb 26th August 2021 at 10:51 am

My mirabelle plums aren’t ready yet, the last jam I made with them was quite sharp more like a marmalade.

• Deleted User 25th August 2021 at 8:10 pm

Blackcurrant jam …. just made some and it’s lush !! Recipe is from an old cook book.

• CaroleB 27th August 2021 at 7:30 pm

It’s that time of year isn’t it. A disastrous year for the tomatoes means that together with a cupboard full of jam I also have loads of green tomato chutney. Love your lids.

Add