Home Forums Book Club I’ve just finished reading, ‘The After...

Lizzi-Beth Posted 10 months ago
I’ve just finished reading, ‘The Afterlife is Real.’ An interesting read about people’s experiences with near-death experiences etc. Highly recommend.
2 likes & 10 replies
    • LawrieL 18th July 2021 at 1:08 pm

Oh, how interesting. Thank you for your recommendation

• PhilB 18th July 2021 at 1:28 pm

Except “near death” is not exactly the same as the “afterlife”. Unless they actually experience such a thing they don’t know, and if they do experience it, they’re dead and not coming back! How do they sort that conundrum out?

• Malarkey 18th July 2021 at 2:46 pm

You beat me to it Phil, I didn’t want to be dismissive but the phrase “Afterlife” to me suggests heaven, © Christianity, (other post death experiences available, terms and conditions apply).

• Reverend Nick 20th July 2021 at 11:19 am

Phil – my spirit guide Reginald is sending me the letter *M* – have you ever known or worked with someone who’s a *Mr* or a *Mrs*?

Well they want you to know – it’s all true

• Malarkey 18th July 2021 at 2:51 pm

I died in 2000, just for a few minutes, didn’t like it. A very nice nurse named Carol hammered the bejaysus out of my chest and stopped it becoming permanent.
      I love my NHS sooooo much.

• Lorraine1 20th July 2021 at 11:53 am

Did you have any “other worldly” experiences when that happened? Sounds scary.

• Malarkey 20th July 2021 at 2:41 pm

Nothing other worldly and dying wasn’t scary at all, under those circumstances anyway, (surrounded by people determined that I didn’t).
          I am convinced that death is not the end though, it’s not living that’s scary, (ooh I’m so deep I really should be taller).

• Reverend Nick 20th July 2021 at 11:37 am

In slightly more serious vein, the late broadcaster Michael Bentine had some interesting experiences after being in a coma. In later life he was president of the Association for the Scientific Study of Scientific Phenomena.
      Now this doesn’t mean that an after-life is necessarily true – more a case of I like to give some credence to people I respect. Which I suppose we all do to a certain extent.

• Deleted User 25th July 2021 at 5:51 pm

The neuroscientist Peter Fenwick has studied Near Death Experiences for many years. He doesn’t claim to know about any after life but his conclusions about what we experience on the way there (or not) are very interesting.

Add