Home Forums Loneliness It’s funny how you can have everything you want...

Liz68 Posted 1 year ago
It’s funny how you can have everything you want but still feel lonely, this lockdown has been worse for me, even though I am happily married, I think the last lockdown was better as we had glorious weather,
6 likes & 16 replies
    • Grapes 16th February 2021 at 9:51 am

The weather was a saviour
      But on the positive side
      It’s getting closer to spring

• Liz68 16th February 2021 at 9:53 am

Yes that’s true, just read you work for nhs like me

• sbailey3 16th February 2021 at 10:09 am

Yes being married does not save you from loneliness.
      Our empty nest is very empty…….no grandchildren….sons at the mercy of daughters in law so have to rely on goodwill. Saving grace is Netflix and whats app group….Yes I agree if the e=weather was better we would at least be able to go and get on with some gardening. Shouldn’t moan really..no kids to home school…no job to worry about…no mortgage….so….we should be counting our blessings…….sending you all very best wishes.

• Deleted User 16th February 2021 at 10:47 am

It’s being a toughie but we are nearly there. It’s often a difficult time for people at this time of year, take care you are not alone.

• sbailey3 16th February 2021 at 1:44 pm

Loneliness crosses all barriers, age, sex, culture, social standing etc.

• Magnolia19 16th February 2021 at 2:09 pm

I couldn’t agree more Liz This ones a lot worse I think .Everyone’s so mentally tired plus dealing with lots of other worries . Also last time we did have the lovely weather to distract us a bit I am really struggling with the loneliness and I have had lots of health issues so had no choice but to work from home which I do not enjoy . I am married and have a grown up son still living at home but spend most of the day alone which I am not used to after being a busy travel agent for twenty years ! Always happy to chat My husband says I could talk for England and that’s what I miss more than anything !

• Teresa Ann Francesca 16th February 2021 at 3:20 pm

It’s not funny. I’m married and have been lonely most of my life

• CarolBo 16th February 2021 at 8:03 pm

Definitely a double whammy for the third lockdown – I’m thinking along the lines of I wouldn’t have been doing that much during winter anyway. Still hard to be restricted though.

• Deleted User 17th February 2021 at 4:24 pm

I feel it’s tougher this time, very challenging. As you say the first Lockdown we had fantastic weather. It made a difference. I live in the beautiful Kent countryside, and I walk every day despite the weather. It’s so therapeutic physically and mentally. Liz you have to focus on what you have got, not what you haven’t got. Appreciate every day for what it can bring, it’s entirely up to you. I had my family with me in the first Lockdown, and it was wonderful. This time I’m on my own. But I appreciate what I have. Some days it is very challenging. But it will get better. Stay positive. Love what you do. Cook something new. I learnt that I can make banana bread with one black banana Make your house and home shine. Phone a friend every day. Look at The Centre of Excellence on face book and take up a course. Appreciate all you have. Believe me all of this will help you. Good luck xxx

• Colin in Kent 17th February 2021 at 7:34 pm

Yes, the winter lockdown seems to have been particularly had for many people. But perhaps it gives you time to reassess your priorities and what you need from life? Perhaps you can come out of it reinvigorated and engaging with new things?

• Stuart6069 28th February 2021 at 12:10 pm

I am a widower located EastDevon I am alone with lockdown no community spirit which adds to my troubles I shop for ready meals from M&S Ready for oven but that still don’t put a smile on your face or perhaps need a companionship but where to start looking so if anybody could suggest where would be a great help

Add